Epic Amazing

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

innerorbit

Epic Amazing

Post by innerorbit » Sun, 11. Aug 13, 20:27

Prediction, Rebirth will be a turning point for Egosoft, sure nothings perfect the game will have it's flaws only natural when taking the series in a refreshing new direction, i think they were painting themselves into a corner.

'The largest universe ever' quote from video...........

I can't wait for my JOURNEY in the new game.
Last edited by innerorbit on Sun, 11. Aug 13, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

slimgrin
x3tc

Post by slimgrin » Sun, 11. Aug 13, 20:35

When I first saw the trailer, and after I scooped my jaw off the floor, I realized how fitting 'Rebirth' is for a title. They really seemed to have started from scratch and re-established the series. Nothing else out there looks to have the scope and detail of this game.

gregs4163
x4

Post by gregs4163 » Sun, 11. Aug 13, 22:41

Yes agreed, this looks absolutely epic!!! Eat your heart out Star Citizen! Congrats to Egosoft I think you have created something revolutionary!

TheZapper
x4

Post by TheZapper » Sun, 11. Aug 13, 23:55

Yea, truly EPIC.

I do worry thought, that with the decline of PC; this may be the last of "AAA" title written exclusively for PC? I wonder what revenue impact would be if they launched last year on time (i.e. more PC gamers then).

TZ

Kai101m5
x3tc

Post by Kai101m5 » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 01:10

For me, from getting pissed off with X-BTF because it had no cheats and I was too noob to be good at it as a dumb kid, to modding the hell out of Reunion, I personally think that every X game has kicked things up a notch.

Come what may with this title, I'll be buying the most expensive edition I can simply to show support for Egosoft and that's saying something. in recent years, I only buy games when they are 75% off on steam because, inevitably, they last about a week. (skyrim being an exception).

Any news on whether laptop GPUs will be supported?

Inverness
x4

Post by Inverness » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 01:19

TheZapper wrote:Yea, truly EPIC.

I do worry thought, that with the decline of PC; this may be the last of "AAA" title written exclusively for PC? I wonder what revenue impact would be if they launched last year on time (i.e. more PC gamers then).

TZ
People have been claiming PC gaming is dieing of the past decade, and they have yet to be correct. PC gaming is still going strong and is going to continue for a long time.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 01:27

While watching the trailer for the first time I just thought HUGE!!!
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

randomuser
x4

Post by randomuser » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 01:29

and it will stay that way forever :)
i just cant think why one would buy something that cant do anything but play games, doesnt have a keyboard and is pretty much useless altogether :lol:

Captain Lemmiwinks
x3ap

Post by Captain Lemmiwinks » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 01:35

couple of vids,a few veiled hints at whats in it and suddenly its an "epic" game ?

:lol:

release dates announced and still nothing concrete on the game at all,

i see questions about the basics going unanswered.like boarding,a question that could so easily be answered,among many others.....but not a word.

still feeling "shroomed" so still not going to buy on release day.

unless of course theres a reason we are still not getting any information that i am missing.

this isnt antagonistic,its just a result of the many shaftings from promises made by other games before release that turned out to be hype to get early sales.

cant blame anyone for being wary these days.

innerorbit

Post by innerorbit » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 03:02

Prediction...........

Captain Lemmiwinks
x3ap

Post by Captain Lemmiwinks » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 03:09

innerorbit wrote:Prediction...........
expectation :wink:

Jawms
x4

Post by Jawms » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 04:52

Captain Lemmiwinks wrote:couple of vids,a few veiled hints at whats in it and suddenly its an "epic" game ?

i see questions about the basics going unanswered.like boarding,a question that could so easily be answered,among many others.....but not a word.

unless of course theres a reason we are still not getting any information that i am missing.

this isnt antagonistic,its just a result of the many shaftings from promises made by other games before release that turned out to be hype to get early sales.

I would be wary as well, but its egosoft. I enjoyed all of their games so far (had to go back and play several..) and I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they will be making another quality game..

Captain Lemmiwinks
x3ap

Post by Captain Lemmiwinks » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 05:06

Jawms wrote:
Captain Lemmiwinks wrote:couple of vids,a few veiled hints at whats in it and suddenly its an "epic" game ?

I would be wary as well, but its egosoft. I enjoyed all of their games so far (had to go back and play several..) and I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they will be making another quality game..
oh i think you can guarantee quality from egosoft.

what i am saying is will they stay true to their roots.

too little info and such a long wait brings out the panic,its either a new dawn or the last rites with rebirth.

praying for a new dawn,but due to "shrooming" i cant help but fear a colonic invasion.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 05:11

Inverness wrote:

TZ
People have been claiming PC gaming is dieing of the past decade, and they have yet to be correct. PC gaming is still going strong and is going to continue for a long time.
.... decline of the PC .... :rofl: Console interests have been feeding this misinformation to the gaming world for many, many years only for it to be demonstrated to be false over and over again.

As a matter of fact the PC game industry (PC = NOT JUST WINDOWS anymore btw; Mac, Linux, are also significant inclusions now) is having its own 'rebirth', with huge things happening in gaming-wise development.

Many are EXCLUSIVELY for the PC, and as a single example, I must mention Steam. The Steam Box will be huge (you can already build your own Steam box from everyday PC components and you won't even need a Windows OS because most games will be ported to Linux and Mac also).

Egosoft's X-Rebirth is now at the vanguard of a wider 'PC game rebirth' imo, and may well become the standard bearer of the space game genre well into the future. 8)

little toy consoles ... I say pha!
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 07:38

TZ
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"Decline of the PC"....

Yeah right buddy....

PC gaming is now stronger than ever and i laughed hard when you said "lasy AAA title"

first of theres 4 titles that are going to be space sims and are worth looking at, like X rebirth, limit theory, star citizen and david brabens bloody elite! how can you say PC gaming is dying when there are millions of LOL, WOW, WT, WOT, Star conflict, millions of steam users online at any moment?

My prediction? PC gaming will get bigger and bigger until the PR can't hold back the tide anymore lol

Hrodeth
x3tc

Post by Hrodeth » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 08:00

Inverness wrote:

TZ
Well, Intel is pulling out of mobo manufacturing, Microsoft is losing money hand over fist, and few retailers carry more totles in store than the sims and the warcraft package. These could just be a shift in implementation and the market
Balancing...but it certainly isn't thriving like it once did. Hope you're right.

innerorbit

Post by innerorbit » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 19:04

Captain Lemmiwinks wrote:
innerorbit wrote:Prediction...........
expectation :wink:
Both :wink:

Ravenhurst

Post by Ravenhurst » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 20:47

gregs4163 wrote:Eat your heart out Star Citizen!
cool idea to bash an almost dead genre on life support.

Can I play both?

fallenwizard
x4

Post by fallenwizard » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 21:24

Hrodeth wrote: Well, Intel is pulling out of mobo manufacturing, Microsoft is losing money hand over fist, and few retailers carry more totles in store than the sims and the warcraft package. These could just be a shift in implementation and the market
Balancing...but it certainly isn't thriving like it once did. Hope you're right.
Manufacturers are claiming that the PC is dead just because the market is oversaturated. PC is still a strong force, it's just that not many people see the need to upgrade every 2 months. (*hint*awful console ports*hint*)
Microsoft is losing money for the same reason. Windows 7 is good enough for most, why upgrade to Windows 8? They are also losing money because nobody wants more tablets, especially as limited as Windows RT tablets.

And don't tell me about mobile "gaming". It's catered to people who don't have the time or patience to play more complicated games.

Burneyx
x4

Post by Burneyx » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 21:35

Ravenhurst wrote:
gregs4163 wrote:Eat your heart out Star Citizen!
cool idea to bash an almost dead genre on life support.

Can I play both?
Im pretty sure we can play both. And other space games of course.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”