is there station maps when walking?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nap_rz
x3tc

is there station maps when walking?

Post by nap_rz » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 02:54

:?: :?: :?:

I'm sure all of us will get frustrated soon and start bashing egosoft if we have to literally running around searching for every damn corridors in the universe to find something and/or get back to the ship.

so... Egosoft? :roll: :!:

ishmaeltheforsaken
x4

Post by ishmaeltheforsaken » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 03:06

You always have your quick "Go back to the ship" button.

Wraith_Magus
x3tc

Post by Wraith_Magus » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 03:38

I think part of the point of this exercise would be to make there be hidden things for us to find... which is probably a little undermined when you put in a map to all the hidden ventilation shafts and Jefferies Tubes.

Basically, without a tactical or FPS combat system in place, and only talking/examining/context-dependent-object-interaction as a thing to do in the station-walking "mini-game", the only thing that could possibly be put in to make those portions of walking to find these supposed "bargains" on your trades anything remotely game-like would be to either make you go Easter Egg hunting, where you kick vending machines for plot coupons that give you discounts on your next argnu beef purchase... or we're back to rhythm games with Yisha dancing.

Honestly, the rhythm game making your co-pilot pole dance for money would sound closer to an actual reason to want to dock with anything... They're not exactly my thing, but they're at least an engaging diversion that takes some skill.

Notchi
x3tc

Post by Notchi » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 09:12

I would settle for clear signs. Like engineering left, bar straight, trade center 1 level up, production 1 level down etc... Some fancy places could even have floor markings.

Night Nord
x4

Re: is there station maps when walking?

Post by Night Nord » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 13:57

nap_rz wrote::?: :?: :?:

I'm sure all of us will get frustrated soon and start bashing egosoft if we have to literally running around searching for every damn corridors in the universe to find something and/or get back to the ship.

Map? Why you need it? Seriously, guys, I'm getting some kind of urge to make old Parkan game review. It had it all - station walking, FPS, boarding, shooting, trading via station console and other such stuff. And it was never an issue here. You just open the door and follow the signs.

Wana
x3ap

Post by Wana » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 15:08

a map displayed in specifics terminals, a motion detector radar, an assault rifle, and some Pfhors and S'pht.

That's all i'd ask for a DLC.

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 15:10

Wana wrote:a map displayed in specifics terminals, a motion detector radar, an assault rifle, and some Pfhors and S'pht.

That's all i'd ask for a DLC.
Split now give you death.

Wana
x3ap

Post by Wana » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 15:26

See you on the other side... Arrrgghhh.

Sorry, i had to.

Darkath

Post by Darkath » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 20:05

Night Nord wrote:
nap_rz wrote::?: :?: :?:

Map? Why you need it? Seriously, guys, I'm getting some kind of urge to make old Parkan game review. It had it all - station walking, FPS, boarding, shooting, trading via station console and other such stuff. And it was never an issue here. You just open the door and follow the signs.
In the current vids of xRebirth, the problem is there is no signs inside stations. In the DX1 demo walkthrough video, the caster literally have no idea of what the station he's in is supposed to be or do, let alone what is the purpose of the different rooms.

By the way i'm concerned that so far, stations we have seen seems like huge corridors with no purpose and very small rooms with a few npcs inside.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 20:10

You can hire some of those NPCs to work for you, you get missions and upgrades for your ship, you can "item" trade and search for containers with items on them. You can buy licenses and do missions a bit like sabotage and industrial espionage to get better prices on those stations or more...
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Darkath

Post by Darkath » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 21:48

santi wrote:You can hire some of those NPCs to work for you, you get missions and upgrades for your ship, you can "item" trade and search for containers with items on them. You can buy licenses and do missions a bit like sabotage and industrial espionage to get better prices on those stations or more...
What i meant was no visually apparent purpose, i'm not talking about gameplay purpose here.

Sure you can spread NPCs around give them dialogues etc. but it won't give the building a sense of purpose in the universe, background-wise.

Night Nord
x4

Post by Night Nord » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 22:24

Darkath wrote: In the current vids of xRebirth, the problem is there is no signs inside stations. In the DX1 demo walkthrough video, the caster literally have no idea of what the station he's in is supposed to be or do, let alone what is the purpose of the different rooms.

By the way i'm concerned that so far, stations we have seen seems like huge corridors with no purpose and very small rooms with a few npcs inside.
Because there is no need for signs. That's the key part of "exploration" thing - you look for guys, you talk with them. Only thing that wonders me - in demo, I've docked twice and people on station were all different each time. In different places. I really hope it was just demo thing - Arseneus said that there should be no NPC on stations in demo at all.

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 23:54

yeah, right. So when I go to the next strange building in real life, I just wander around until someone says "who the f** are you, call security" or "where do you think you're going mate".

Signs are everywhere in real life, for a reason. just because you're playing a game (that purports to be a sim) doesn't mean you have to hide them and make things simply frustrating and stupid.

I thought it wss bad enough when it might be doom in space, but now it has to be Lara Croft in space, the FPS bit is getting worse.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”