95%
I don't need one
5%

Total votes: 125

Dirk-Jan
x4

Where's the gravidar?

Post by Dirk-Jan » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 19:17

I miss my Gravidar especially in a fight. Not being able to lock on targets doesn't help either.
I'm still in the plot sooo, anyone seen any further in the game?

JimmiG
x3

Post by JimmiG » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 19:22

It was considered too complicated so it was removed.

Rug
x4

Post by Rug » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 19:24

You have seen the first post of the top thread on this forum haven't you. Especially the Priority 2 list ? About 4th from last in that list ?

Rug
I like to think everyone just wants to feel human.

(Antilogic)

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 19:27

Adding fixed target mode and
Showing minimap (gravidar) on event monitor instead of "no signal"

I'll be waiting for that; thank's Rug for poining that out to me

I hope it will also work together with the scanners (little blips on the gravidar, maybe even different colors too)?
Last edited by Dirk-Jan on Fri, 27. Dec 13, 19:32, edited 3 times in total.
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Trialbyfire

Post by Trialbyfire » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 19:28

JimmiG wrote:It was considered too complicated so it was removed.
More like the game wasn't completed and some features where left out until other aspects are implemented and functioning. Saying something was "too complicated so it was removed" is patently false.
A wise man once said...nothing. I'm not a wise man, so I speak my mind. You can't trust atoms because they make up everything.

Enigmius1

Post by Enigmius1 » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 19:33

Trialbyfire wrote:
More like the game wasn't completed and some features where left out until other aspects are implemented and functioning. Saying something was "too complicated so it was removed" is patently false.
You're assuming it's false.

It could well be the reason it was left out of the original design is because the devs felt it was too complicated for what they were trying to offer. They then added it to a future addition list based on community feedback. An entirely plausible scenario...unless you're a cynic.

Trialbyfire

Post by Trialbyfire » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 19:35

Enigmius1 wrote:
Trialbyfire wrote:
You're assuming it's false.
Yes, and I assume when I flip the switch on my wall the light will come on, and lo and behold it usually does. :wink:
A wise man once said...nothing. I'm not a wise man, so I speak my mind. You can't trust atoms because they make up everything.

froggyluv

Post by froggyluv » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 20:41

Rug wrote:You have seen the first post of the top thread on this forum haven't you. Especially the Priority 2 list ? About 4th from last in that list ?

Rug
And that was over a month ago.... :o

If thats still being worked on (created?) who knows how long looking around cockpit/real external views will be.... I remember him saying weeks but now I'm thinking months. Many, many months and we'll all most likely be Elite or SC bound by then.

Trialbyfire

Post by Trialbyfire » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 20:44

froggyluv wrote:...and we'll all most likely be Elite or SC bound by then.
Who cares? Both Elite and SC are mmo (something many here don't want). Yes, Elite claims it'll have single-player mode, but that will mostly be with a "dead" universe.

Enigmius1

Post by Enigmius1 » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 21:21

Trialbyfire wrote: Yes, and I assume when I flip the switch on my wall the light will come on, and lo and behold it usually does. :wink:
Which is fully irrelevant, but okay.

brammie

Post by brammie » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 21:32

i m totally used to it now, dont miss it at all and its kind of fun to "search" for what is shooting at you instead of "target next target", "auto follow", "shoot guns", "I win" combinations you see mostly these days.

ghostpilot
x2

Post by ghostpilot » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 22:30

brammie wrote:i m totally used to it now, dont miss it at all and its kind of fun to "search" for what is shooting at you instead of "target next target", "auto follow", "shoot guns", "I win" combinations you see mostly these days.
I see a problem with that. If the AI and enemy ships become smarter and effective then you are mostly assured to become a space debrie the moment you spend time hunting dancing red icons instead of returning fire.

I may be wrong though.

StarFreeze
x4

Post by StarFreeze » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 23:00

Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of the Gravidar it helped a lot in combat to know where things were around me. Are the enemies just to the side of me, below me, or directly behind me and generally how far away. Currently I just feel almost blind because I know so very little about what I don't directly see in front of me.

UnclePaulie
x3tc

Post by UnclePaulie » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 14:14

Rug wrote:You have seen the first post of the top thread on this forum haven't you. Especially the Priority 2 list ? About 4th from last in that list ?

Rug
7 years development and six weeks after release and we still don't have one .
Intel Core i7 quad core 3.90GHz TB
16GB corsair vengeance
120GB Samsung 6GB SSD
1TB Seagate Barracuda 64mb
NVIDIA geforce GTX770 2gb
Windows 8.1 64-bit

SyberSmoke
x4

Post by SyberSmoke » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 05:40

UnclePaulie wrote:

Rug
7 years development and six weeks after release and we still don't have one .
Time in development is not a reliable indication of quality. Especially since the studio is only 20 people and they released two other games in the interim. As was also explained a lot had changed in the last year alone and so things that could have been in if they had stayed the course, but they were not satisfied with it as it was so they changed it.

This is the explanation that we have, accept it, don't...such is irrelevant. But know that saying time is a sign of expected quality is not in any way accurate.

Iosyn

Post by Iosyn » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 13:37

Trialbyfire wrote:
froggyluv wrote:...and we'll all most likely be Elite or SC bound by then.
Who cares? Both Elite and SC are mmo (something many here don't want). Yes, Elite claims it'll have single-player mode, but that will mostly be with a "dead" universe.
This. We'll have to see what elite looks like, but generally I hate MMOs.
Hell is other people. :roll:

mtiffany71
x3tc

Post by mtiffany71 » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 13:44

UnclePaulie wrote:7 years development and six weeks after release and we still don't have one .
[snark]You mean 'only' seven years. Gravidar is very complex! And difficult to implement! You'd think we were like, paying for this game, or something. Give the devs a break. Some things are like, you know, hard to do.[/snark]

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 14:03

any serious space sims I've played since wing commander have some spherical 360 degree coverage sensory system

the fact that such fundamental feature in the genre is nonexistent on this game at launch just showed us how truly horrible this game really is

as a long time fan of X, I'm now utterly disgusted with rebirth
Last edited by nap_rz on Mon, 30. Dec 13, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

Berserk Knight
x4

Post by Berserk Knight » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 14:08

They ran out of buttons on the XBOX360 controller to map the targetting function to, so they removed it, and the Gravidar with it.

...As speculation goes, here's mine.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 17:45

StarFreeze wrote:Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of the Gravidar it helped a lot in combat to know where things were around me. Are the enemies just to the side of me, below me, or directly behind me and generally how far away. Currently I just feel almost blind because I know so very little about what I don't directly see in front of me.
You are also blind to the things in front of you as well as they might not show up till you click trhem to. Just to find out if they are red or not. One would think that if I had a sensor that has a detection range greater then 20 km. I could spot all the red ships without needing to run over them some of the time just to see the red box around the ship.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”