Final thoughts on Rebirth and my 5 stages of grief..

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kregoth
xr

Post by Kregoth » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 08:20

loxen wrote: I added a mod for no jump fuel because the game was broke and my ships would not refuel.

I added IA script so that my engineer would repair a ship because again it was broke and did not work.

I added a script to remove mass traffic so that I could finish building my plot station because why? you guessed it. mass traffic was in the way and prevented me from finishing this mission..
See when I ran into a bug that is called a show stopper, something that is preventing you from progressing... I stop playing and check to see if it has been reported, and then wait for a fix! When a patch fixes the issue, I play again, or play the game doing something else.

Instead you added a crap ton of mods, which modding itself is barely understood fully all because you have no patience to wait for a patch? All three above have been FIXED! Now your game won't work because you broke it! Seriously start a new game and get over it!
loxen wrote:Dont take to me about putting forth effort..Thats all I have done for the past 100+ hrs I have in game.. I put every effort forth.. Trying to get fixes and workarounds to try to play a game they should never have sold me..
You can't fix bugs! Stop trying, because the only way for a bug in the game to get fixed, is to wait for Egosoft to fix it! When did Egosoft ever tell anyone to download a mod or edit your save to fix the game? Stop trying to fix your game, it's broken and Egosoft is the only ones who who can fix it... so STOP and just WAIT!

Bitching gets you NO WHERE!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 08:36

Kregoth, you can make your points without trying to force them down his throat, you know.

wtfdidibuy, calling people who like the game "brainwashed fanboys" is unhelpful and insulting--don't do it again.

Wormhol3

Post by Wormhol3 » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 09:27

wtfdidibuy wrote:Amen to this post good sir i don't know how anyone that isn't a brainwashed fanboy is enjoying this game if they are they have a very low bar for video games
So I figured since the only thing in this game that is not a broken mess was, the X Rebirth Space Cargo Hunt and that got boring, I spotted in Shady Grove what looked like part of the backdrop a Very Large Asteroid that looked hollow and lit up inside.
I figured Hey I finally spent 4 million in losses* getting the economy starting to run so I could build a scaldis that while it was scooping Ions I may as well take a look at The Big Rock Candy Mountain lit up in the distance and see if I can get close to it.
After four hours of piloting I got close enough to find out that it seemed to be a real object and not backdrop but that it was not hollow but just had a 2001 sized monolith lit up on the shady side from the sun and the perspective change showed it was closer than Big Rock Candy Mountain.

So I then figure hey maybe I can blow it up and see if the ships that are supposed to follow me but wont actually leave shady grove space will come if I can get mineable sized chunks out of it.
Alas as I spent another 45 minutes getting closer when It looked like I may be able to actually get to it I get a Warning Entering Atmosphere alarm from Betty. And Yisha didn't even tell it to shut up.

I was so hoping for Something cool in this game.
There is no circuit anywhere so perfect that an engineer can't screw up with a few "well placed" tweaks.

Berserk Knight
x4

Post by Berserk Knight » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 10:04

Well, at least ES didn't try to multi-platform an RTS with a console, like what GPG did with their Supreme Commander 2. THAT was stupid as hell.

...Doesn't make what ES did any LESS stupid though.

Oh, and Kregoth, Yisha has something to say to you. SHUT UP.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 10:17

loxen's opening statement should be made a sticky so that every Egosoft employee can read and reflect ..... from Bernd down to the floor sweeper .... regardless of fanboy or hater opinions he is spot on.

Unicycle
x2

Post by Unicycle » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 14:32

loxen's opening statement should be made a sticky so that every Egosoft employee can read and reflect ..... from Bernd down to the floor sweeper .... regardless of fanboy or hater opinions he is spot on.

I wholeheartedly agree. Been playing X series since what, 2001? Never been so thoroughly disappointed in a game. Now I'm going to have to wait for Braben to finish his sequel to Elite for a space sim - not holding my breath for that, it's been two decades since frontier and he's still working on it.
I hope he reads up on HCI and gets thorough feedback from beta testers before releasing it.

Maj3stic
x3

Post by Maj3stic » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 14:37

a refund and egosoft out business would help a lot with my grief

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 10:48

pjknibbs wrote:Kregoth, you can make your points without trying to force them down his throat, you know.

wtfdidibuy, calling people who like the game "brainwashed fanboys" is unhelpful and insulting--don't do it again.
egosoft and x-abortion insulted my very intelligence as a long time x3 fan and at the same time robbed me 50 ****** us dollars!

never ever before I feel so insulted with a new game after years of enjoyment from previous installments except this game!

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 11:48

wtfdidibuy wrote:Amen to this post good sir i don't know how anyone that isn't a brainwashed fanboy is enjoying this game if they are they have a very low bar for video games
If you hate the game so much then why do you still post on this forum?
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 11:50

jack775544 wrote:
because if only yes-men remain then x:rebirth has no chance of becoming the game it should've been in the first place.
thedesertwolf wrote:On the Twelfth patch of X-mass Egosoft gave to me Twelve broken promises, Eleven layers of menus, 10 bad design decisions, nine lines of terrible dialogue, Eight non-functional capitals, seven squatting grandmas, six strange memory leaks, A promised Targeting feature still in development, four misconstrued UI decisions, three unstable stations, two attempts to fix trading and a broken game in a pear tree.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 13:45

dubnium wrote: If you hate the game so much then why do you still post on this forum?
because if only yes-men remain then x:rebirth has no chance of becoming the game it should've been in the first place.[/quote]

So you think wtfdidibuy's post up there offers any sort of constructive criticism about the game? Just saying "The game sucks" offers no more useful content than saying "It's perfect, don't bother changing it.". It's in the enormous gulf between those two positions that the useful feedback lies.

tuareg

Post by tuareg » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 13:52

pjknibbs wrote:
dubnium wrote:
because if only yes-men remain then x:rebirth has no chance of becoming the game it should've been in the first place.
So you think wtfdidibuy's post up there offers any sort of constructive criticism about the game? Just saying "The game sucks" offers no more useful content than saying "It's perfect, don't bother changing it.". It's in the enormous gulf between those two positions that the useful feedback lies.
yes actually simply stating the game is rubbish can move the game forward with making ego aware of that how many don't like the decisions they made (the more negative post mean the more ppl don't like it. if they wouldnt post, ego would think the game is allright), however as far as i know, saying ppl to leave is not a way here in any form... or am i wrong?

Wormhol3

Post by Wormhol3 » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 14:04

dubnium wrote:
pjknibbs wrote: So you think wtfdidibuy's post up there offers any sort of constructive criticism about the game? Just saying "The game sucks" offers no more useful content than saying "It's perfect, don't bother changing it.". It's in the enormous gulf between those two positions that the useful feedback lies.
http://youtu.be/o_eSwq1ewsU

The rest was already stated by the poster above me while I was looking for this vid
Last edited by Wormhol3 on Wed, 1. Jan 14, 14:23, edited 3 times in total.
There is no circuit anywhere so perfect that an engineer can't screw up with a few "well placed" tweaks.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 14:06

tuareg wrote:yes actually simply stating the game is rubbish can move the game forward with making ego aware of that how many don't like the decisions they made (the more negative post mean the more ppl don't like it. if they wouldnt post, ego would think the game is allright), however as far as i know, saying ppl to leave is not a way here in any form... or am i wrong?
I'm pretty sure Egosoft are more than aware of people's opinion on the game in its current state, whether or not Bernd will admit it on record. The meat of useful feedback, however, is saying what you do want to see, and "I don't like the game!" offers none of this. I could understand so much complaining at release but now it's time to think about the future might hold.

tuareg

Post by tuareg » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 14:11

MegaJohnny wrote:
tuareg wrote:yes actually simply stating the game is rubbish can move the game forward with making ego aware of that how many don't like the decisions they made (the more negative post mean the more ppl don't like it. if they wouldnt post, ego would think the game is allright), however as far as i know, saying ppl to leave is not a way here in any form... or am i wrong?
I'm pretty sure Egosoft are more than aware of people's opinion on the game in its current state, whether or not Bernd will admit it on record. The meat of useful feedback, however, is saying what you do want to see, and "I don't like the game!" offers none of this. I could understand so much complaining at release but now it's time to think about the future might hold.
well, if they would be aware of anything the community want, X:R would never happen at all :) better make it sure they get the message ^^

Rockstar
xr

Post by Rockstar » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 14:47

I cannot agree with your post enough... especially being pissed on and it is clear weather outside!

As you can see by my steam account, http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013381779 I stopped this game early on in... I come back about once a week to check bug fixes...yet I see no new patch out since the 20th, and the Beta patch still does not make the game past the beta stage. I feel this game could be awesome and enjoyable if it were not so broken... regardless of the stupid xbox360 design, I was still able to use my X52 Pro with the game.

I was seriously ripped off by Egosoft and will back something like this:
http://consumerist.com/2013/12/19/lawsu ... ashed-out/

This broken software deserves a similar fate.

BinarySlave

Post by BinarySlave » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 15:00

Rockstar wrote: I was seriously ripped off by Egosoft and will back something like this:

Since when have you been a shareholder of Egosoft?
Because this is exactly what the story you pointed to is about. :roll:

Rockstar
xr

Post by Rockstar » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 15:05

BinarySlave wrote:
Rockstar wrote: I was seriously ripped off by Egosoft and will back something like this:

Since when have you been a shareholder of Egosoft?
Because this is exactly what the story you pointed to is about. :roll:
I am not a stock holder of EA either (nor do I play that game)...but I support what is happening against EA for similar circumstances here... please go troll elsewhere. :roll:

Wormhol3

Post by Wormhol3 » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 15:36

Rockstar wrote:I cannot agree with your post enough... especially being pissed on and it is clear weather outside!

As you can see by my steam account, http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013381779 I stopped this game early on in... I come back about once a week to check bug fixes...yet I see no new patch out since the 20th, and the Beta patch still does not make the game past the beta stage. I feel this game could be awesome and enjoyable if it were not so broken... regardless of the stupid xbox360 design, I was still able to use my X52 Pro with the game.

I was seriously ripped off by Egosoft and will back something like this:

Some states in the US have some very good consumer protection standards and if enough NY residents got together for example they could probably get the state attorney generals office to go after Egosoft for fraud. And since the game is still being sold as a complete A list game by Steam and other sources go after them as well as co defendants.

Based on the same principle that there is no way that the developer did not know how unplayable the product was and still is.

grimdownload
x3tc

Post by grimdownload » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 16:05

If you want revenge try and get the game pulled from steam. Start a viral campaign. Make a subreddit... a whitehouse.gov petition, go nuts. Have a calling steam to complain day.

Itll get pulled and screw every player.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”