OMG X rebith got second worst game of 2013

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pharoah

Post by Pharoah » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 13:09

Captain Lemmiwinks wrote:unfair

as an unfinished and incomplete game it can in no way be voted or elected onto a "worst game" list

to get that it would need to be a finished product.

it could hpwever go on the list for the biggest rip off/scam/disasterous release state game of 2013

just being honest,dont tear my head off :lol:

Unfair??

You want to talk unfair?

What Egosoft did, was unfair, essentially spitting in our faces... unfair.

We are not the ones who released a Beta Title for $50 to unsuspecting consumers.... Egosoft is.

This reception is exactly fair...
Make little things count.

Teach midgets math.

ghostpilot
x2

Post by ghostpilot » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 13:57

Drop that "unfinished game" nonsense. You paid for a finished game, Egosoft released a finished game, and the game was reviewed as a finsihed game.

That more features are planed to come means nothing to the point that Egosoft wanted to release a finished game that could be played from start to end with all the intended features in it. They failed to put SOME of those like more ship commands and mostly bug free product, but the game is 95% THE FINISHED GAME. What comes next are additions, wich theres never an end to things you can add to a game.

Arma 3 was NOT a finished product when was released, and the money they asked for it and the big labels all around saying "Beta" told you so. Even inside the game there was warnings about the game not being the final product.

See the difference?

Akeela

Post by Akeela » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 14:34

maderas wrote:For every person defending Rebirth, there's another who's simply tired of the never ending rage circlejerk. It's become like a cult at this point. The game has been out for almost two months, the period for refunds is long since past... I have to wonder why some of the people who detest the game so much still continue to post about how much they hate it every single goddamn day in every single goddamn thread.
That's easy. Its called betrayal. You see to experience true hatred for something, you need to have loved it first. Its why romantic breakups are often so bitter and vengeful.

If Egosoft was some unknown company and this was their very first release, the game would have equally bombed. However, people would have mostly chalked it up as yet another half-baked company who had no idea what they were trying to accomplish. They would have been upset, but moved on not giving the company a second look back. It would have been like being scammed by a stranger on the street.

Egosoft doesn't have that 'luxury'. Most of the bitterest complainers are going to be from the people who actually loved their past games the most. X:Rebirth is like finding out your partner just cheated on you. They lied to your face about where they were last night.

The end result will also likely be much the same. This is the bitter vengeful stage where people want answers. "How could you possible do this?" Most will leave Egosoft hate-filled and never look back. A few will still cling to Egosoft like an abused spouse who simply feels they have no where else to go. A few even convinced themselves that this is all the better they deserve.

The hatred is just deeper and more intense when you are betrayed. The hate posts will just take longer to fade and by then I imagine this forum will truly be a ghost town.

Alee Enn
x4

Post by Alee Enn » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 14:50

@Akeela ... you missed off that some people don't think hating Egosoft will get them or Egosoft anywhere and will rather stick around and hope Egosoft make a better product next time or improve this product and if they can help Egosoft recover, so much the better.

Not everyone embraced the hate (wow, another WWE reference :D)
Formerly "Alien Tech Inc."

Toramo

Post by Toramo » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 17:14

I agree with one of the earlier posts that the game is not yet the finished product, so it can't possibly be reviewed yet. I personally have enjoyed the game, though have stopped playing for the time being till several more patches are released.
Something must be clear in your mind dude(s) :
It is because of thought like this that the developers (not only Egosoft) are making more and more unstable games.
You are the kind of guy to give your money for an unfinished product.

It sounds so crazy for me ... Just like pre-orders ...

laminblake

Post by laminblake » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 18:57

IMO I would put this game just above The War Z. Both are games that were rushed to release. Both are games that were in most cases unplayable on launch. Both were missing massive amounts of content and features on launch. Both were a complete ripoff.

nick2004
x3tc

Post by nick2004 » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 19:14

Well I haven't played for a few weeks, and am not missing playing it either! Better to forget about Rebirth, it was flawed at the time of conception and should never have been born. This game should be completely redesigned and all the people who bought hard copies for £40 should be sent replacements.
I remember when windows Vista was released & I bought a copy, what a mistake that was, then they just release Windows 7 & expect everyone to just write off £70 or so. No more pre ordering from me.

maderas
x4

Post by maderas » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 03:01

Akeela wrote:
maderas wrote:For every person defending Rebirth, there's another who's simply tired of the never ending rage circlejerk. It's become like a cult at this point. The game has been out for almost two months, the period for refunds is long since past... I have to wonder why some of the people who detest the game so much still continue to post about how much they hate it every single goddamn day in every single goddamn thread.
That's easy. Its called betrayal. You see to experience true hatred for something, you need to have loved it first. Its why romantic breakups are often so bitter and vengeful.

If Egosoft was some unknown company and this was their very first release, the game would have equally bombed. However, people would have mostly chalked it up as yet another half-baked company who had no idea what they were trying to accomplish. They would have been upset, but moved on not giving the company a second look back. It would have been like being scammed by a stranger on the street.

Egosoft doesn't have that 'luxury'. Most of the bitterest complainers are going to be from the people who actually loved their past games the most. X:Rebirth is like finding out your partner just cheated on you. They lied to your face about where they were last night.

The end result will also likely be much the same. This is the bitter vengeful stage where people want answers. "How could you possible do this?" Most will leave Egosoft hate-filled and never look back. A few will still cling to Egosoft like an abused spouse who simply feels they have no where else to go. A few even convinced themselves that this is all the better they deserve.

The hatred is just deeper and more intense when you are betrayed. The hate posts will just take longer to fade and by then I imagine this forum will truly be a ghost town.
That just proves my point. It's a video game developer, not a relationship. Anybody who feel a sense of betrayal akin to being cheated on by their spouse has serious issues and needs to distance themselves more than a bit.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 07:30

maderas wrote: That just proves my point. It's a video game developer, not a relationship. Anybody who feel a sense of betrayal akin to being cheated on by their spouse has serious issues and needs to distance themselves more than a bit.
not a relationship my ass, it's actually even more than that, the long time fans are the ones who practically made egosoft stand still all those years despite their far less than stellar past products, without us buying their products ego wouldn't survived. they paid us back with :

1. milking us for quick money
2. serving a faeces like product to us
3. claiming it was a huge success, which to us is a huge scam and robbery

why shouldn't this be personal?

mthemaster
x4

second worst game

Post by mthemaster » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 07:39

The reviewer said in his summing up of Rebirth that it alienates loyal fans of the series by trying to capture a new audience, who can argue with that? The game is rubbish, the years of waiting and the excitement, what a let down. If its not broke- don't fix it!

Ghostfreak

Re: second worst game

Post by Ghostfreak » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 18:24

mthemaster wrote:The reviewer said in his summing up of Rebirth that it alienates loyal fans of the series by trying to capture a new audience, who can argue with that? The game is rubbish, the years of waiting and the excitement, what a let down. If its not broke- don't fix it!
Completely agree with that. I'm sure they were making a good profit of this series to. Why suddenly change something? And if you're going to change it why not gradually? People like a game for what it does.

Has Egosoft commented on the extremely bad press this game has received from multiple sources like stated in the 8BitGamer.com article? Or ever made an official comment?

yoyolll

Re: second worst game

Post by yoyolll » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 18:31

Ghostfreak wrote:
mthemaster wrote:The reviewer said in his summing up of Rebirth that it alienates loyal fans of the series by trying to capture a new audience, who can argue with that? The game is rubbish, the years of waiting and the excitement, what a let down. If its not broke- don't fix it!
Completely agree with that. I'm sure they were making a good profit of this series to. Why suddenly change something? And if you're going to change it why not gradually? People like a game for what it does.

Has Egosoft commented on the extremely bad press this game has received from multiple sources like stated in the 8BitGamer.com article? Or ever made an official comment?
Yeah, "success" and "thanks for buying the game suckers"
Intel Pentium II 233 Mhz
128 MB ram
i740 8 mb @ 220 Mhz
20gb HDD

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 19:16

OMG!
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes