OMG X rebith got second worst game of 2013

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shea
x4

OMG X rebith got second worst game of 2013

Post by shea » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 18:15

Life is a waste of time,time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shea1980

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 18:31

Schadenfreude much?

Sc00by
x4

Post by Sc00by » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 18:32

To look on the bright side. It can only get worse by 1 but can get better by a lot.

tuareg

Post by tuareg » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 18:33

Sc00by wrote:To look on the bright side. It can only get worse by 1 but can get better by a lot.
I think with this pace they will take the first place around mid-year :)

Kaiser Kraft
x3tc

Re: OMG X rebith got second worst game of 2013

Post by Kaiser Kraft » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 18:34

That's hardly a major site (45 members in the forum :rolls: ) so their opinion is hardly going to change the worlds view. Having said that Rebirth is going to get what it deserves and it will be in a lot more list in places with a higher presence.

yoyolll

Post by yoyolll » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 18:35

lol 2nd? I would have thought at the very least it tied with colonial marine for first.

^^^What tuareg said
Intel Pentium II 233 Mhz
128 MB ram
i740 8 mb @ 220 Mhz
20gb HDD

tuareg

Post by tuareg » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 18:35

Kaiser Kraft wrote:
That's hardly a major site (45 members in the forum :rolls: ) so their opinion is hardly going to change the worlds view. Having said that Rebirth is going to get what it deserves and it will be in a lot more list in places with a higher presence.
its not like they have to change anything, however they are quite fairly mirroring what we think about the game...

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 18:40

So Iam a god damned hipster when I enjoy that game?
Oh god.

Anyway, my top #1 worst game ever will be the Battlefield series. And will always stay the worst one, unless they will fix the horrible hit detection.

Kaiser Kraft
x3tc

Post by Kaiser Kraft » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 18:43

tuareg wrote:
Kaiser Kraft wrote:
its not like they have to change anything, however they are quite fairly mirroring what we think about the game...
That's pretty much my point. The real problem is when the big sites publish their list and hit big audiences who pay attention to them that the real problem arises.

ES can't escape this shitstorm and it's of their own making.

Kalanur
x4

Post by Kalanur » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 20:06

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:So Iam a god damned hipster when I enjoy that game?
Oh god.

Anyway, my top #1 worst game ever will be the Battlefield series. And will always stay the worst one, unless they will fix the horrible hit detection.
If you are a Hipster then I am the King of Hipsters because I've enjoyed Sim City and X Rebirth which are both on the list.

And to be honest I've enjoyed both games a lot and Sim City was my most played game of the year and yes, I was a fan of the old ones too and played the first one on SNES.

This site is just the opinion of one guy of the internet so who cares? My list would look totally different and the next one will say GTA5 was the worst game and so on. That's the good thing about opinions: anyone can have his own and can decide if he wants to share it or not :p

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 20:08

Kalanur wrote:
Oh god.

If you are a Hipster then I am the King of Hipsters because I've enjoyed Sim City and X Rebirth which are both on the list.

And to be honest I've enjoyed both games a lot and Sim City was my most played game of the year and yes, I was a fan of the old ones too and played the first one on SNES.

This site is just the opinion of one guy of the internet so who cares? My list would look totally different and the next one will say GTA5 was the worst game and so on. That's the good thing about opinions: anyone can have his own and can decide if he wants to share it or not :p
this is not directed solely at you, but the attempts to wave away all criticism as "just opinions" are laughable. sure, one guy saying rebirth sucks is of little consequence, 100% of critics and 80% of consumers saying the game sucks is disastrous.
thedesertwolf wrote:On the Twelfth patch of X-mass Egosoft gave to me Twelve broken promises, Eleven layers of menus, 10 bad design decisions, nine lines of terrible dialogue, Eight non-functional capitals, seven squatting grandmas, six strange memory leaks, A promised Targeting feature still in development, four misconstrued UI decisions, three unstable stations, two attempts to fix trading and a broken game in a pear tree.

Captain Lemmiwinks
x3ap

Post by Captain Lemmiwinks » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 20:17

unfair

as an unfinished and incomplete game it can in no way be voted or elected onto a "worst game" list

to get that it would need to be a finished product.

it could hpwever go on the list for the biggest rip off/scam/disasterous release state game of 2013

just being honest,dont tear my head off :lol:
Earth ultimatum IV. wrote: And also I spent some time playing the *cough* non-steam *cough* version, as shipment of X Rebirth retail boxes arrived late in my country but I wanted to play it ASAP :)

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 20:26

lol I dare you find me a dozen good reviews outside of ego people.

Btw, after the release not before!!!!!! :lol:
Last edited by mangar on Sun, 5. Jan 14, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
Oh the fun of restarting x3tc all over again!

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

yoyolll

Post by yoyolll » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 20:26

dubnium wrote:
Kalanur wrote:
Oh god.

this is not directed solely at you, but the attempts to wave away all criticism as "just opinions" are laughable. sure, one guy saying rebirth sucks is of little consequence, 100% of critics and 80% of consumers saying the game sucks is disastrous.
Don't you know? It's a big conspiracy. XR is actually a really good game but Rockstar and EA games paid everyone to give it horrible reviews because they knew it was gonna take all their customers away.
Intel Pentium II 233 Mhz
128 MB ram
i740 8 mb @ 220 Mhz
20gb HDD

tuareg

Post by tuareg » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 20:44

yoyolll wrote:
dubnium wrote:
Kalanur wrote:
Oh god.

Don't you know? It's a big conspiracy. XR is actually a really good game but Rockstar and EA games paid everyone to give it horrible reviews because they knew it was gonna take all their customers away.
why you have to tell it to everyone? well. we succeded anyway :)

steelgrey75
x3ap

Post by steelgrey75 » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 20:52

Shootist wrote:Schadenfreude much?
The most unfortunate ones have been the people that shelled out for it, apart from you and a few others like you.

Terraformer33
x3ap

Post by Terraformer33 » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 20:54

Nothing strange. This game = One Big Bug. :(

patrobas484

Post by patrobas484 » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 21:42

I agree with one of the earlier posts that the game is not yet the finished product, so it can't possibly be reviewed yet. I personally have enjoyed the game, though have stopped playing for the time being till several more patches are released.

patrobas484

Post by patrobas484 » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 21:44

I agree with one of the earlier posts that the game is not yet the finished product, so it can't possibly be reviewed yet. I personally have enjoyed the game, though have stopped playing for the time being till several more patches are released.

desiriel
x4

Post by desiriel » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 21:54

patrobas484 wrote:I agree with one of the earlier posts that the game is not yet the finished product, so it can't possibly be reviewed yet. I personally have enjoyed the game, though have stopped playing for the time being till several more patches are released.
If you release it as a finished game and get money from customers for a finished game, you get the reviews of a finished game. Business and people's money are not the playground for 12-yo like mentality. Decisions bring responsibilty and eventual acceptance of consequences. And now Ego have to face their hubris.
Otherwise they should have released it as an 'early beta access'. But we've been beating this dead horse for weeks by now: we all know they couldn't after 7 years of development.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”