X4 or new X3 DLC

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Knagar

X4 or new X3 DLC

Post by Knagar » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 05:50

Can we drop this XR junk already and get working on X4 or a new X3 DLC? Clearly this game won't be fixed (can't be fixed) and instead of patching it they should just kill it off and start on the game the people want. Redeem yourself EGO-soft and get on this.
Zero cares are given as to what you think about my comments or posts. I don't come back to argue or read what people reply with so don't waste your time.
Cheers.

Enigmius1

Post by Enigmius1 » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 06:44

So what you're saying is that your $50 is more important than my $50, and they should abandon the game years in making that I'm enjoying despite the hiccups to start development on the game that you want?

Imma go with NO.

gattsumoto

Post by gattsumoto » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 06:55

Enigmius1 wrote:...despite the hiccups...
Those are some massive hiccups you got there. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 07:07

Enigmius1 wrote:So what you're saying is that your $50 is more important than my $50, and they should abandon the game years in making that I'm enjoying despite the hiccups to start development on the game that you want?

Imma go with NO.
you're the minority, deal with it.
thedesertwolf wrote:On the Twelfth patch of X-mass Egosoft gave to me Twelve broken promises, Eleven layers of menus, 10 bad design decisions, nine lines of terrible dialogue, Eight non-functional capitals, seven squatting grandmas, six strange memory leaks, A promised Targeting feature still in development, four misconstrued UI decisions, three unstable stations, two attempts to fix trading and a broken game in a pear tree.

Enigmius1

Post by Enigmius1 » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 07:16

dubnium wrote:
Enigmius1 wrote:So what you're saying is that your $50 is more important than my $50, and they should abandon the game years in making that I'm enjoying despite the hiccups to start development on the game that you want?

Imma go with NO.
Deal with what? You honestly think Egosoft would even consider abandoning XR at this point? We both know that's not going to happen. You don't need to talk big and tough like it's any other way. It's just not going to happen.

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 07:18

Judging from how the "majority" have comported themselves recently, I'm quite happy to stand in that "minority" you speak of, dub.

OT--Abandoning XR to build X4 or DLC for X3 is just a fantasy, and a childish one at that IMO.
Ayn Rand was correct.

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 07:21

Enigmius1 wrote:
dubnium wrote:

Imma go with NO.
Deal with what? You honestly think Egosoft would even consider abandoning XR at this point? We both know that's not going to happen. You don't need to talk big and tough like it's any other way. It's just not going to happen.
deal with the fact that you're in the minotiry.
jasonbarron wrote:Judging from how the "majority" have comported themselves recently, I'm quite happy to stand in that "minority" you speak of, dub.

OT--Abandoning XR to build X4 or DLC for X3 is just a fantasy, and a childish one at that IMO.
oh, please. xr fanboys have been incredibly abusive of the game's critics, do not try to claim a moral high ground.
thedesertwolf wrote:On the Twelfth patch of X-mass Egosoft gave to me Twelve broken promises, Eleven layers of menus, 10 bad design decisions, nine lines of terrible dialogue, Eight non-functional capitals, seven squatting grandmas, six strange memory leaks, A promised Targeting feature still in development, four misconstrued UI decisions, three unstable stations, two attempts to fix trading and a broken game in a pear tree.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 07:37

No, thanks. I want to get my money's worth just as much as you do, and that means fixing/improving the game, not abandoning it. Honestly such a move would more or less be to take the money and run - "sorry we took that $50 from you, but here, this next game will be good!"
dubnium wrote:you're the minority, deal with it.
Appeal to popularity much?

egor_dubrov
x4

Post by egor_dubrov » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 08:12

The most important mistake of Egosoft I think that the firm pushed aside all the experience from the previous games X3. X3 games won the hearts of many fans of the space. Renunciation of success - this is the main error Egosoft. I am ready to support Egosoft and even buy this terrible game X Rebirth if I will hope to see and plunge into the world of space with X4. I hope X Rebirth - a "touchstone", just a test of the new engine. I urge all fans of the game series X to support Egosoft if they announce the continuation of a series x3 on a new engine and try to give us a new space of our dreams , unlike terrible X Rebirth with its Hollywood lights and big tits for teenagers.
Egor

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 08:20

MegaJohnny wrote:No, thanks. I want to get my money's worth just as much as you do, and that means fixing/improving the game, not abandoning it. Honestly such a move would more or less be to take the money and run - "sorry we took that $50 from you, but here, this next game will be good!"
dubnium wrote:you're the minority, deal with it.
Appeal to popularity much?
fail to understand the context much? it's not your $50 against my $50, it's your $300.000 against our $2.000.000.

Max Blanche
x3tc

Post by Max Blanche » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 09:02

dubnium wrote: ...
fail to understand the context much? it's not your $50 against my $50, it's your $300.000 against our $2.000.000.
You're assuming a lot here. Let's face it, you don't represent anything more than the majority of people willing to spend time here trying to have back their game.

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 09:07

Max Blanche wrote:
You're assuming a lot here. Let's face it, you don't represent anything more than the majority of people willing to spend time here trying to have back their game.
just gonna leave that here.

Shads62

Post by Shads62 » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 09:17

MegaJohnny wrote:No, thanks. I want to get my money's worth just as much as you do, and that means fixing/improving the game, not abandoning it. Honestly such a move would more or less be to take the money and run - "sorry we took that $50 from you, but here, this next game will be good!"
You already lost your money. By the time this game is even remotely worth playing it will be going for a next to nothing on Steam

Max Blanche
x3tc

Post by Max Blanche » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 09:23

dubnium wrote:
Max Blanche wrote:
A bit pointless as stated many time; people enjoying the game (like myself) are more interested in having fun than giving reviews. On the other hands, people with problems and issues do wish to share its disappointment even more. There you have part of your metacritic score explanation. And, don't forget http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... irrelevant.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the game is perfect in any way; it has alot of issues, but to me is far from being unplayable, especially since patch 1.18. I have just completed the campaign (restarted with patch 1.16, if I remember correctly) with around 200 hours game play, and plan not to stop yet. I haven't had issues other than the occasional hanged trader, and never resorted to savegame editing.
You don't like it? Fair enough. But please don't jump to conclusions in regards to what others might like/think of this game.

INSTG8R
x3tc

Post by INSTG8R » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 09:34

Max Blanche wrote: A bit pointless as stated many time; people enjoying the game (like myself) are more interested in having fun than giving reviews. On the other hands, people with problems and issues do wish to share its disappointment even more. There you have part of your metacritic score explanation. And, don't forget http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... irrelevant.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the game is perfect in any way; it has alot of issues, but to me is far from being unplayable, especially since patch 1.18. I have just completed the campaign (restarted with patch 1.16, if I remember correctly) with around 200 hours game play, and plan not to stop yet. I haven't had issues other than the occasional hanged trader, and never resorted to savegame editing.
You don't like it? Fair enough. But please don't jump to conclusions in regards to what others might like/think of this game.
Metacritic was just an easy link. Find one major review(or any) that is positive. You don't even need Metacritic to make the same point.
Sys. Specs.
i7 2600K@ 4.6|ASUS P67 Sabertooth|2x4096 Corsair Vengence 1600 |Sapphire HD7970 OC|WD Caviar Black 6.0Gbps 1TB x2@RAID 0|SB X-Fi Fatality Pro|Seasonic X-1050W|TT Kandalf L.C.S.|Acer V243H 24" 1920x1080|Logitech G25|LogitechG500|Logitech G19|Saitek X-52 Pro|TrackIR4 w/Trackclip Pro

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 09:42

Max Blanche wrote:
dubnium wrote:
Max Blanche wrote:
A bit pointless as stated many time; people enjoying the game (like myself) are more interested in having fun than giving reviews. On the other hands, people with problems and issues do wish to share its disappointment even more. There you have part of your metacritic score explanation. And, don't forget http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... irrelevant.
so you're pretending professional critics don't exist, is that it? not to mention user scores, which are more emotionally charged, sure, but are indicative on average.

Max Blanche
x3tc

Post by Max Blanche » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 09:45

I might be wrong, but I seriously doubt there's a single major review based on post 1.18 games versions. That said, let me restate that the game is NOT PERFECT in any way, but it's DEFINITELY PLAYABLE since patch 1.18. So it all depends on where your fun comes from. If your fun doesn't come from the working elements of this game, then this is not your game. If your fun comes from an immediate revenue for your bucks, then this is not your game either.

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 09:53

Max Blanche wrote:I might be wrong, but I seriously doubt there's a single major review based on post 1.18 games versions. That said, let me restate that the game is NOT PERFECT in any way, but it's DEFINITELY PLAYABLE since patch 1.18.
the last 2 reviews on metacritic came out after the new year. a game being "definitely playable" (which is, by the way, something many players would disagree with) is not enough for it to be considered good or even acceptable.
Max Blanche wrote:So it all depends on where your fun comes from. If your fun doesn't come from the working elements of this game, then this is not your game. If your fun comes from an immediate revenue for your bucks, then this is not your game either.
the problem is that this is barely anybody's kind of game. you can't pretend all opinions are equally true in the world of business, because they have consequences. if egosoft persists in clinging to this pile of trash, then they are going to go bankrupt, and then there won't be any X games for anybody.

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 10:14

@dubnium

What do you think Egosoft could do otherwise? If this game wont generate enough income to stay afloat, the whole X series is completely finished and over. Even the slight chance there would be an "X4" will go down with it.

I know a lot of people would like to see that, but I am not one of them..

Egosoft simply does not have another choice than go with this path, and patch the game up until the bugs are stamped out. Like it or not, for the foreseeable future this is the game we will have. If the game is playable enough to generate some income, there is a slight chance there will be an "X4" in the distant future. If not...well.. say goodbye to the whole X series...
Last edited by JClosed on Wed, 8. Jan 14, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 10:17

JClosed wrote:@dubnium

What do you think Egosoft could do otherwise? If this game wont generate enough income the whole X series are finished. Even the slight chance there would be an "X4" will go down with it.

I know a lot of people would like to see that, but I am not one of them..

Egosoft simply does not have another choice than go with this path, and patch the game up until the bugs are stamped out. Like it or not, for the foreseeable future this is the game we will have. If the game is playable enough to generate some income there is a slight chance there will be an "X4" in the distant future. If not...well.. say goodbye to the whole X series...
"playable enough" does not generate income. "good game" generates income. x3 was a good game. xr is not a good game (in fact, it is not even fully working). the first step is admitting you have a problem, if egosoft does that they may have a chance of salvaging this. as long as they stick to this "diamond in the rough" delusion they have no future.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”