Unwanted cargo

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

e1team
x3tc

Unwanted cargo

Post by e1team » Tue, 27. May 14, 05:15

Hey there! I have scooped some V-Launchers and Force Field Projector from a destroyed Taranis with my Rahanas. But it seems I can't sell it anywhere.
Am I missing something?
These Launchers, apparently, take hell lot of space and now I have no room on the Rahanas to buy Food Rations for the mission! :shock:
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Tue, 27. May 14, 05:40

Sounds like the kind of thing a shipyard would buy, if that helps.

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Tue, 27. May 14, 05:52

both are high end stuff (last tier in whole economy)
Like our friend above said try sell in Shipyards

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Tue, 27. May 14, 05:59

Well, I went to different ship dealers, but apparently it's not them who's buying those. What dealer I'm looking for?
Only got "Upgrade", "Build" and "Sell Ship" options. None on these allow me trade for a cargo on board the Rahanas. I REALLY don't want to sell the whole ship!
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Tue, 27. May 14, 07:26

Not shipdealer , but station indeed
NPC buy only invetory http://roguey.co.uk/xrebirth/wares/
all others stuffs are station

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Tue, 27. May 14, 07:35

Aren't equipment dealers deal only with Skunk? Can I really sell them equipnent from other ship's cargo hold?

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Tue, 27. May 14, 10:40

You need to unlock docking bays to enable trading for wares. You have to fly near by every bays.
If you want to unlock all trade possibilities with a station, buy a trading computer to a mechanic. All bays of a station will unlock as you fly near the station.

Tidaar
x4

Post by Tidaar » Tue, 27. May 14, 10:58

Until the economy sink is solved I suggest if you want to sell cargo and are unable to because the stations are full you should simply hack a a station that needs those products. Just hack the storage modules. Then sell the cargo to the station. If you want to make more money then buy a new ship , make it collect the cargo floating after the hack and then sell the ship to a ship dealer. you will get the money invested in the ship + half the value of the cargo. So profit all around.

have fun.

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Tue, 27. May 14, 11:05

Ok. Will try to scan the docks as suggested when I'm home. Will report my finds.
Thanks anyway :)

@Tidaar

It's not that the station is full, it's just I can't find where to sell turrets and shields my Rahanas has collected from a destroyed capital.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 27. May 14, 11:27

It's not really up to you what trade offers the station will create. I had many freighters that i could not use because their cargo was full with things there was no need for.
I just deleted in xml the cargo from the ship, or capped another one.

Tidaar
x4

Post by Tidaar » Tue, 27. May 14, 13:02

Shipyards :)

Tidaar
x4

Post by Tidaar » Tue, 27. May 14, 13:11

Shipyards :). Get an npc to be your eyes and ears and keep u updated. Every hack takes away inventory and creates a need of those resources.

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Wed, 28. May 14, 07:37

I found trade offers for different Ship Equipment at the Shipyard, but nothing I have onboard. So I am still stuck with my Rahanas.
Do the trade offers change, or I have to seek out another Shipyard?
I also tried to hack the station to see if it changes the type of equipment traded. But it didn't. And now the whole sector swarming with ware containers I cant pick! :shock:

Tidaar
x4

Post by Tidaar » Wed, 28. May 14, 09:51

Did you scan the right storage ? You have Bulk , container and energy. U need to see what you have on your rahanas and then see what category of ware they are. Then scan the station and identify the different storage modules.

Scan them and see what they have stored. For example if you want to sell vlunchers which is a container cargo you need to hack a container storage that has those stored. Once you hack the storage some vlunchers + whatever cargo was in the same storage module will be ejected. This will mean the station will need to buy now vlunchers and guess what you just happen to be there at the right place and at the right time :)

You also need to make sure you have a guy on the station that updates you with the trade offers. Otherwise you will miss opportunities.

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Wed, 28. May 14, 13:04

Thanks!! Never thought about different cargo storages! :oops:
Will try when I'm home! :)
Damn! This game makes my grey matter boil! And I considered myself an experienced X player! :D
Don't know about this game being dumbed down (as some claim), but the economy is much more complicated now...

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 28. May 14, 14:44

Your hacks do not affect trade offers directly, but iirc it does matter what the SY is building at the moment.

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Wed, 28. May 14, 19:43

Yay! I did it! I smalltalked a person to update me on trade offers. Then I hacked a container storage. And sold all the equipment that was on board the Rahanas! :D
Thank you guys so much! I love that game!

Tidaar
x4

Post by Tidaar » Wed, 28. May 14, 22:35

Anytime buddy :)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”