Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hicky
x4

Post by Hicky » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 08:18

Great news on X4. :thumb_up:

m_csquare
x4

Post by m_csquare » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 09:33

Please let X4 be like X3TC/AP. If they just add bigger section map, UI, graphic, and better faster flight system, I'll be more than satisfied. Random events (ie: broken ships, corporation war, or any events that lead to quest chain) are also welcome
I'm lost in space.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 11:17

I'm still sceptical... ;) But this is welcome news anyway. I am also of the opinion that an X4 would really need to include the mechanics (conceptually) that already exist in X3, with updates and added depth and a general improvement to the UI that you'd expect from the continuation of technological development etc. etc. but... yeah, I really feel that it would need to be rooted in what the series always allowed you to do in order to not feel that things were lost between 3->4.
I will remain somewhat hopeful.
Also merry Christmas + happy new year guys.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

bambikaka

Re: NEWS: X Rebirth VR Edition, Updates and X4

Post by bambikaka » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 11:51

Graaf wrote:Bernd says X4, but he describes Rebirth 2. A real X4 would allow me to pilot every ship available.

No news is good news, because this is just disappointing.
you nailed it. and not just that but the there will be ships with more than one gun also a disappointment. (from lino irc)

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 12:56

Thanks to the team to listening to their community and doing X4.

I know that you spend a lot of time on Rebirth at it must have been painful to see feedback.

I would buy X4 in hearthbeat if it was just X3 with X-rebirth graphics, you don't need much. Just give as X experience of creating our little space empires.

BattleXer
x4

Post by BattleXer » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 13:51

Great news Egosoft!!!

Can't wait for more news on X4!
Kinda bounced off X:R, but X3 was one of my all time favourites.
Looking forward to playing it.

Cheers.

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 14:16

Awsome news and nice to see it's alive! May one ask for some small things here?
Like please oh god please Egosoft, can we get some explanation on all the skills those characters have in the pedia? Or when you hoover you mouse over said skill for that char?
A minor issue, could the guards in the Teladi area on the stations, NOT be humans? Like teladi maybe?

Other things exist, but dman those listed changes in the OP are nice!

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 16:03

This news sound great, but i really fear to feel a hype for X4, when i think back at X:R. I had some expectation back then, that were nor fulfilled. I hope it will be different with X4. Hear what the player like about the game and dont develop, what is unimportant for most.
We have seen what we had with the old x trilogy, where we could'nt enter stations and where the trading wasnt realistically slow - but fun! In X3:ap we could transport what we want manually how we want - cause we had SETA.

What i really disliked at X:R was that trading was'nt really possible, as it was either slow (if its the x3 trading) or boring (if its the 'search NPC on station' trading). Only the action part was nice and - to be honest - there are many games out there with a good action part. What made the x series unique was the sandbox feeling, where you could chose the ship you want to fly, have many you could own and controle at a time and also own stations, you could put where you wanted (if you could defend them of course). If you take a look at popular mods, you see what people have hoped to see, like an effective way to be independant from the main races, as litcubes mod or the x-tended mod are showing.

Please forgive my ranting and take it as an advice to be carefull, where the development is aiming for!
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

DorianEU

Post by DorianEU » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 16:05

X4 will it have:

Havoc physx
and Destructible parts on all types Spaceships?

macross
x4

Re: NEWS: X Rebirth VR Edition, Updates and X4

Post by macross » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 17:08

Bernd wrote: [*]There will be a VR game based on X Rebirth: the X Rebirth: VR Edition.
[*]X4 is in development!
SO much happy :D

Koboldx
x3

X: Rebirth VR

Post by Koboldx » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 17:13

X: Rebirth VR got the features from X-Rebirth 4.0 (included Home of Light)

My question is now:
If this game only compare able with the version 4.0, does that means the Pathfinding is still bugged and i will see in VR my Ships crashing inside stations and cant find the way to dock and i have to leave the sector and cant see in VR any cool stuff?

Sorry but this feels like a joke to me and i own Oculus Rift CV1...

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 17:39

any chance for X4 to come out before star citizen? :lol:
macross wrote:
Bernd wrote: [*]There will be a VR game based on X Rebirth: the X Rebirth: VR Edition.
[*]X4 is in development!
holy shit only 15 posts since 2003? :o

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 18:03

Awesome news about X4 being in the works.

The line about being able to pilot "many" ships does concern me. I'm not entirely sold on the idea of manually piloting a capital ship by yourself, except in a dire emergency where there's virtually no surviving crew. On the other hand, only having a small selection of ships that you can actually pilot would NOT be the game that I (or a lot of other players) was hoping for. Being able to manually pilot any fighter, and "mostly" control smaller Corvette or Frigate capital ships (without being able to control everything on them) would be more believable. Full capabilities should require crews. The largest ships should absolutely require a crew of at least a handful for even minimal operation, and dozens or hundreds for complete functionality.

Mainly, I'm hoping for a better organized and useable interface, since most of the frequently used commands in X3 were buried in the "Advanced" section or elsewhere several layers deep.

As pointed out in previous posts, we want our massive fleets and empires back.

edmondo
x4

Post by edmondo » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 18:29

nap_rz wrote:any chance for X4 to come out before star citizen? :lol:
macross wrote:
[*]X4 is in development!
... even longer here and less posts... :roll:

anyways, call me very happy!

Meester
xr

Post by Meester » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 18:50

I can't get over how dedicated you guys are, working on the current game, future game (taking peoples expectations on board) and even previous games...wow!
I generally don't use forums that much as I usually don't have much to say, but I thought i'd just add my thanks as you seem to have your fans at heart.
Well done guys.
Kev

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 19:27

I would say that's almost a guarantee.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 19:28

edmondo wrote:
macross wrote:
[*]X4 is in development!
... even longer here and less posts... :roll:

anyways, call me very happy!
4 posts since 2002?

Dude, how do you even remember your login credentials?

Andoulline
x4

Post by Andoulline » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 19:53

Part of me is worried that all the good things Introduced in rebirth will be ditched to cater to those that wanted an X4.

The other part of me doesn't care because I was one of those. Nevertheless it's going to be a great game (even if it takes a year or 2 after release).

Still I wasn't expecting a step backwards. I thought that the new game will be more like what X2 was compared to X-Beyond the frontier.

SickArgon
x3ap

Post by SickArgon » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 20:00

Egosft CEO: "...and we proudly present X-ripoff v2.0, for those left not disgusted with us after our arrogance&ignorance with X-Rebirth"

harley9699
x3

Post by harley9699 » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 20:03

Andoulline wrote:Part of me is worried that all the good things Introduced in rebirth will be ditched to cater to those that wanted an X4.

The other part of me doesn't care because I was one of those. Nevertheless it's going to be a great game (even if it takes a year or 2 after release).

Still I wasn't expecting a step backwards. I thought that the new game will be more like what X2 was compared to X-Beyond the frontier.
Really hoping it's a lot more X2, X3 than X:R. Again: ability to pilot any/all of my ships and no ******* starlanes.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”