NEWS: X Rebirth VR Edition, Updates and X4

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

edmondo
x4

Post by edmondo » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 20:15

Falcrack wrote: 4 posts since 2002?
The incredible thing is not the 4 posts, but the 14 years gone... and this game always call me back.
Falcrack wrote: Dude, how do you even remember your login credentials?
Dude, I do, I do :)

NEMESIS165
x4

Post by NEMESIS165 » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 20:41

when we will be able to pre order X4 ?

[ external image ]

fallenwizard
x4

Post by fallenwizard » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 20:48

harley9699 wrote: Really hoping it's a lot more X2, X3 than X:R. Again: ability to pilot any/all of my ships and no ******* starlanes.
I kind of liked the highways, especially after they got rid of the minigame. They just went overboard with them in vanilla X:R. There were just too many and it made no sense how they were set up (especially in Albion)

HoL is a lot better in this regard and I hope they will use a similar system in the next game.

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 21:34

X4 and Vulkan for the new engine, certanly the best news ive heard this year.

Avetorian
x4

Post by Avetorian » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 21:41

Hey Bernd, I just wanted to say thank you for sticking with this, I can see you guys are a passionate group of people, and I'm happy that you guys are working on a new xgame, I have played rebirth, and while it has its problems, I still see what is the start of a new experience for the x-series.

I love the series as a whole, and honestly, I can't thank you and the team enough for keeping the dream alive. I look forward to the day you guys show us X4 and eventually playing it. Good luck to you and your team.

Just a personal request though, don't make it VR only! =D

Azzkicka
x3tc

Post by Azzkicka » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 21:49

CBJ wrote:
Azzkicka wrote:OMG X3 Reunion VR!!??

I never bothered with X3R because it was basically a stripped down over simplified version of X3 that wasn't worth the time but this VR version excites me so much. Please don't screw this up!!
You seem to be a little confused. It's X Rebirth VR Edition; nothing to do with X3 Reunion. :)
You know what I mean... Whatever the last game was called.... aka the over simplified game that took most of the things we were able to do in the real x games away.

Let's move forward and not backwards the time.

agleave
x3tc

Post by agleave » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 22:44

Nanook wrote:As an aside, I haven't seen this many members logged into the forum in a long time. Welcome back, all you lurkers. :D
That is because the keyword has been mentioned : X4.

It is the title all of us long term X players were waiting on for so many years. Even if Rebirth was released and actually working from the start, it still did not represent what the far majority of your customers wanted.

Wait for the compounding effect of the news of X4 to really filter through to all the long term X players who have left these forums to come back in droves ..... then you shall truly see how much of a fan base and lore you have around the original X series.

Andy.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 22:54

agleave wrote:...the far majority of your customers wanted....
Not MY customers, Andy. Read my sig. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 23:32

as i said fews times

I like XR
and like X3

i guess many B.S from X3 to XR players based

one fly ship
you cant trade yourself with skunk
Lack option to managment "you corporation"

Wars? even in X3 TC or AP dont have you need decent mod to fix many x3 broken things about gameplay

I like XR Chain Production
Missed Ammo/Missile and Smal factory since sometimes you make Tech lab to only produce chemical chem but need build some unused shit first

Economy in XR break easly because have only 2 hub and damage in modules crippling economy so hard in X3 have at last 8 hub and economy thousands more stations compare XR

to me X4 its if go X3 route okay , if go XR route okay if mixed both its actual going happen fine :)

schedarx
x3ap

Re: NEWS: X Rebirth VR Edition, Updates and X4

Post by schedarx » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 00:12

Egosoft please just shut up and take my money even before release :D
I'm so happy to read the announcement about X4. X3 is still the best space sim even after being over 5 years old.

Egosoft listen - here's what to do to make it right...

Must:
-take X3:AP as a baseline (forget about Rebirth)
-improve graphics
-change Betty's voice
-make GUI more friendly
-make modular stations and easier connecting stations

Should:
-make new storyline
-make graphical representation for capturing capital ship
-more crew management
-create new universe map
-make new ships (at least some)
-make new stations and wares
-focus on economy and how it affects sectors/races

Could
-make standardised mod manager
-landing on planets
-add FPS elements
-make new race

Don't:
-make multiplayer
-try to be a Star Citizen or Elite

Oh and by all means listen to the feedback of X3 fans.
Cheers!

MadGizmo
xr

Post by MadGizmo » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 01:50

Thanks for the news and updates. Happy holidays to you too.

The updates and continued support many years after the games have been released is why I like EgoSoft. It's appreciated. Thanks again. :)

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 07:23

Falcrack wrote:
edmondo wrote:
nap_rz wrote:any chance for X4 to come out before star citizen? :lol:
macross wrote:
Bernd wrote: [*]There will be a VR game based on X Rebirth: the X Rebirth: VR Edition.
[*]X4 is in development!
SO much happy :D
holy shit only 15 posts since 2003? :o
... even longer here and less posts... :roll:

anyways, call me very happy!
4 posts since 2002?

Dude, how do you even remember your login credentials?
:lol:

that gotta be a record here, 5 posts since 2002 :lol:

Loltak
x4

Post by Loltak » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 08:20

Great :)
I'm looking forward fort next news.
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

Assailer
x4

Post by Assailer » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 08:49

Great news!

X4!!! can't wait to click on pre-order in Steam store! And, to port my mods to a new game!

VR doesn't interest me as long as i need to put something on my head, but of course there is a market for that which i understand. :) Those headsets are the most anti-social activities in a family :/

Best wishes for the coming holidays! Also make sure you guys take a break and relax :)

Efanman
x4

Post by Efanman » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 13:09

I write through the translator, I hope you'll understand. Very happy about this news, and I look forward to the releases.
Dear developers, I'd like to see the following:

-New nice graphics (as in the last known space games).
-Normal story. (the story has always been little interest in the X series, it's time to make fun and not boring).
-Travel across the universe should not be boring - please make something between X3 and X Rebirth.
-Of course I love that there is thought out a great trading system, but the game should not only be interesting to it!
-Expand the universe, make events! More mystery, more new!

I am familiar with the X universe for over 10 years.
Have high hopes.
Last edited by Efanman on Wed, 8. Apr 20, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 13:32

Some are saying they will preorder for x4. I wouldnt id first wait and see and check reviews. I bet those saying it pre ordered xr and regretted it. Just like they regret pre ordered other games that they thought would be great but turned out worse for ware, nms for example.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Retrox
x4

Re: NEWS: X Rebirth VR Edition, Updates and X4

Post by Retrox » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 13:48

schedarx wrote:Egosoft please just shut up and take my money even before release :D
I'm so happy to read the announcement about X4. X3 is still the best space sim even after being over 5 years old.

Egosoft listen - here's what to do to make it right...

Must:
-take X3:AP as a baseline (forget about Rebirth)
-improve graphics
-change Betty's voice
-make GUI more friendly
-make modular stations and easier connecting stations

Should:
-make new storyline
-make graphical representation for capturing capital ship
-more crew management
-create new universe map
-make new ships (at least some)
-make new stations and wares
-focus on economy and how it affects sectors/races

Could
-make standardised mod manager
-landing on planets
-add FPS elements
-make new race

Don't:
-make multiplayer
-try to be a Star Citizen or Elite

Oh and by all means listen to the feedback of X3 fans.
Cheers!
Soooo true.
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

all_other_names_taken
x3tc

Post by all_other_names_taken » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 13:50

Efanman wrote:-Travel across the universe should not be boring - please make something between X3 and X Rebirth.
Please don't encourage them to make the same mistake twice.
It's this line of thinking that lead to the debacle with highways (and its minigames).
If it's boring for you, maybe this game is not what you want. You might have more fun with other, more 'actioney' space games.
While in a long flight, you might want to check on and issue orders to your other assets in the universe, read some news (hint, hint) or just enjoy the view.
I can't think of any other type of thing that would be appropriate (and I wouldn't mind having gimmicky stuff there for those who like that stuff, but only if it's completely optional).

What I would like to see the most in X4:
- No spawning stuff out of thin air (except when absolutely necessary and in very small amounts)
- AI entities with as realistic economy as possible (a la Phanon Corporation). Similar mechanic should also apply to race entities.
- Reasonably smart AI in all areas
- Emergent dynamic behavior in the universe (especially applied to mission system)
- Better UI (though I didn't mind the old one as much as others)
- Better fleet management system

Basically, I think Egosoft should look at the most popular mods and see what people lacked the most in X3.
Don't try to invent something 'new'. There are many areas in the old game(s) that could just be updated and upgraded and you'd have an awesome game in your hands.

I don't especially care about personally flying capital ships (like steering them), although being able to ride in them would be a welcome option for the sake of immersion.

Eagerly following further development.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 14:26

Skeeter wrote:Some are saying they will preorder for x4. I wouldnt id first wait and see and check reviews. I bet those saying it pre ordered xr and regretted it. Just like they regret pre ordered other games that they thought would be great but turned out worse for ware, nms for example.
I agree 100%. It's been many years since I've bought a game before having tried it out myself, and thoroughly (luckily, while working as gaming journalist, I had the opportunity to test many games immediately upon, or sometimes even prior to, release.) This was a result of way too many disappointments - games that look shiny in their marketing material, and get glowing reviews by reviewers that have sometimes been "incentivised" to be nice by the publisher, and resulting in many boxes on my shelves that only gathered dust after a couple of weeks or a month at most.

I think this eagerness by so many people to preorder products tacitly condones complacency and sloppiness on the part of developers, vindicating their "we'll rush it out now, fix the problems in patches later" attitude.

all_other_names_taken wrote:While in a long flight, you might want to check on and issue orders to your other assets in the universe, read some news (hint, hint) or just enjoy the view.
+1
I am all for more spacious space - to me, while fun and enjoyable in a light sort of fashion, Rebirth feels too cramped.

all_other_names_taken wrote: - No spawning stuff out of thin air (except when absolutely necessary and in very small amounts)
- AI entities with as realistic economy as possible (a la Phanon Corporation). Similar mechanic should also apply to race entities.
- Reasonably smart AI in all areas
- Emergent dynamic behavior in the universe (especially applied to mission system)
- Better UI (though I didn't mind the old one as much as others)
- Better fleet management system

Basically, I think Egosoft should look at the most popular mods and see what people lacked the most in X3.
Don't try to invent something 'new'. There are many areas in the old game(s) that could just be updated and upgraded and you'd have an awesome game in your hands.
I agree with all of the above. Magic-spawns are immersion killers - get rid of them. A (significantly) more realistic economy for all INCLUDING outlaw factions would eliminate most of the need for those artificial magic-spawns. I also don't have a problem with the "old" (X2/X3 control UI) - sure, it can be polished and streamlined some, but please not at the expense of functionality/power. Emergent behaviour (if well implemented) would result in a more truly "living universe" - it can be hybridised with scripted content to get the best of both worlds (procedural generation by itself is still a VERY VERY long way away from being able to deliver creative results - key content still needs to be hand-crafted.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

CaptJimBob
x4

Post by CaptJimBob » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 16:46

Nanook wrote:As an aside, I haven't seen this many members logged into the forum in a long time. Welcome back, all you lurkers. :D
However it is a good sign that we all keep looking to see we keep looking to see new news :)

Personally thrilled about the news.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”