[2.0] Joystick steering + Mouse targeting

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

G0RYNYCH

[2.0] Joystick steering + Mouse targeting

Post by G0RYNYCH » Wed, 28. May 14, 08:43

How can I use Joystick and mouse navigation at once ?

I mean I want to disable toggling-mouse-off on joystick movements so I can use both of them to navigate and move aim at once.

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Wed, 28. May 14, 09:10

The cursor targeting ("selecting" ala mouse) is not possible ATM. So I resolved to mouse+keyboard navigation. Only thing you can do is to download a mapping app for you controller and assign a button to be the left mouse click. That is wat I did on my Logitech Attack 3.
Problem is that when you press that button, the game thinks you are switching from controller to mouse and it results in a loss of steering controll for a few seconds, untill the game switches back to joystick. This loss of controll is quite irritating and can lead to a game over if you are in a combat.
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

D.O.S.
x4

Post by D.O.S. » Wed, 28. May 14, 12:35

Yes this Is Very irritating
if You HARD LOCK any target you can not interact with any docking icons until you press the LMB and that kills your speed & kills joystick input for a sec

I have trued to map a joystick button to Interact instead of LMB but unless you Use them mouse to tell the game im using another input device it will never turn soft target mode back on !
OS:MS Windows 10 Pro x64 / Cpu: AMD-FX Piledriver 8350 @4.0Ghz / Mb:GA-990FXA-UD3 / Memory:16Gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical @1866
Gpu:Gigabyte Nvidia 770GTX 4GB GDDR5 / Storage:Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB System, WD Caviar Green 2TB HD Data & Games / Display:24" Asus VG248 1920 x 1080 @144Hz + Nvidia 3D Vision Kit
Input Devices:Razer Deathstalker / Razer Oruoboros / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / BroadBand:EE 4GEE MobileBroadBand (50Gb PCM)

G0RYNYCH

Post by G0RYNYCH » Wed, 28. May 14, 23:08

I remember developers said this is because of gamepad support and they planned to disable this stupid feature in the future and let us use mouse with joystick at once.

I hoped they've already done it in 2.0 :(

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”