X Rebirth Nexus Launched

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

[Nexus]Dark0ne

X Rebirth Nexus Launched

Post by [Nexus]Dark0ne » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 17:33

Hi folks,

I've received lots of requests over the past week to keep you updated as soon as I launched a Nexus site for X Rebirth, so here it is.
X Rebirth, the next iteration in Egosoft’s popular space pew pew series, came out on Friday. The X series has always been highly moddable and I’ve always been a big fan of it (indeed, I helped a friend to maintain a fansite for X2, X2 Source, for several years back in 2004-2006). I’ve had a lot of people ask me if I’d be willing to run a Nexus site for the game and while I know many of the modders in the community are quite set in their ways in using the official Egosoft forums there’s no reason why both cannot be used. A Nexus site to host the files and the official forums for publicising and critical feedback would synergise quite well, to be fair, much like the synergy between the Elder Scrolls/Fallout games, Nexus and the official Bethesda forums. We’re not mutually exclusive.

With that said I’m happy to announce the launch of X Rebirth Nexus. I will be monitoring the community closely over the coming weeks to assess how things are progressing and whether there’s any demand (or possibility) to integrate the game into NMM. In the meantime I hope people are enjoying the game.
I'll PM a few of the current authors who have been quick off the mark with their mods for the game to let them know. And please give me a poke and let me know if you come across any bugs. We're between two major code bases at the moment in preparation for a rework of the network so this site was a real chore to get out!

HyperionXL
xr

Post by HyperionXL » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 17:43

Yay!!

I've had my premium membership there for about 3-4 years now. Happy to see X get some love there!

bumpinthenight
x3tc

Post by bumpinthenight » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 18:06

Thank you DarkOne! I'm sure once this game is playable on high-end systems the modding community will be in full swing and your nexuses have been great for those efforts!
Za ri'gh: i2600K @ 4.6Ghz, 3xEVGA GTX580/3GB Eds, 3x24" LEDs, yada yada yada.

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 19:17

Great News Darkone! This is bookmarked time now.

Mad_Joker
x3

Post by Mad_Joker » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 19:36

Hey DarkOne. I am a long time user of the Nexus sites, and I was always hoping I could finally contribute something. Therefore I am very proud to be the first one to upload a mod to the new X:Rebirth Nexus. You can find it here.

Let me thank you explicitly for all you have done for the modding community. Please continue your great work.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 19:59

Awesome! How is the wiki handled though? Is the idea to collect modding information there?

[Nexus]Dark0ne

Post by [Nexus]Dark0ne » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 20:13

Thanks guys!
Hey DarkOne. I am a long time user of the Nexus sites, and I was always hoping I could finally contribute something. Therefore I am very proud to be the first one to upload a mod to the new X:Rebirth Nexus. You can find it here.

Let me thank you explicitly for all you have done for the modding community. Please continue your great work.
Great stuff, thanks Mad_Joker! I saw it earlier and was going to write a thanks and congrats in your mod thread but saw you were simply using discussions instead so decided against creating a whole discussion topic just to say thanks!
Awesome! How is the wiki handled though? Is the idea to collect modding information there?
Typically the Nexus wiki has only really been used for help with using the sites and actually getting mods to work in your game. I know the XCOM modding scene is using the Nexus wiki for some of their modding stuff and XR could do the same if it so wished (it's all open to use!) but I know people who maintain wiki's have to put a hell of a lot of work in to it so understand that they often want to host and maintain it all themselves.

Mad_Joker
x3

Post by Mad_Joker » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 20:21

[Nexus]Dark0ne wrote: Great stuff, thanks Mad_Joker! I saw it earlier and was going to write a thanks and congrats in your mod thread but saw you were simply using discussions instead so decided against creating a whole discussion topic just to say thanks!
I have changed it to have a thread as well, so feel free to write thanks there now :D :D

azmuth
xr

Post by azmuth » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 21:22

Awesome news and thanks for the update; looking forward to making the trip there.

Krystoficus

Post by Krystoficus » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 23:17

Thank you!!

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:24

Spotted it this afternoon, thx DarkOne :) It was not yet in the drop down menu, guess you're going to add it soon™ ?

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:30

Would it be possible to adjust the tags available for the mods? There's a bunch that don't really apply to Rebirth and we could use a couple that are not listed there. :)

EDIT: Also, the game's name is "X Rebirth", not "X: Rebirth" ^^

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 08:33

Thanks DarkOne! Any idea if the NMM will support Rebirth in the near future?

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”