[WIP]BSG Mod (BSG In game :) )

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

killerog
x4

[WIP]BSG Mod (BSG In game :) )

Post by killerog » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 19:06

Well as I have mentioned a few times I planned to move over to this game and add at least the BS Galatica to the game, as I have made a start here is a nice picture:

[ external image ]

Plenty more to come as I carry on playing around with the game.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/k ... 823bdf.jpg

New picture showing the whole ship using new XR textures for the main hull. Minus a few dodgy UVs which we can hopefully track down its not looking too bad :)
Last edited by killerog on Sat, 4. Jan 14, 13:35, edited 3 times in total.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 19:07

[MINE]

Lc4Hunter
x4

Post by Lc4Hunter » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 19:49

As it seems you´re now able to change models ingame :D
Nice, but as i can see at the hangarbays, you have some smootingproblems ;-)

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 19:56

Smoothing and texture problems. Looks different in 3dsmax so its either a bug in the tool or something that needs doing in 3dsmax before exporting.
You can see all the smoothing is messed up, as its a X3 model I expect there to be something different between the two engines I need to do.

Let the fun begin :D

lubatomy
x4

Post by lubatomy » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 21:03

I wish you luck in getting it all to work out.... I know nothing when it comes to making models or trying to do something with them. Other than that I can be fairly quick to learn how to understand the xml files that are not encoded in any form. If I had time to devote to it I would love to help out but I cant promise much time wise unfortunately. Raising my kids takes up most of the time i have now.

Elffin
x3tc

Post by Elffin » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 21:51

Cool....

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 00:34

Very nice :) Who's up for a Skunk > Firefly conversion? :D (complete with dinosaurs on the dashboard)
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 01:21

YorrickVander wrote:Very nice :) Who's up for a Skunk > Firefly conversion? :D (complete with dinosaurs on the dashboard)
That'll be cool. If only we could look around, be able to trade ourselves and have external views than that would put the icing on the cake so to speak.
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 12:10

Great job!
Are you able to make a capship bridge, by the way?

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 13:54

In time there is no reason why not. But first things first I plan on making this ship AI only.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 15:21

I would do it myself if I had experience with modding, re-modelling the landing pad of capships to make it look like a main bridge. And also moving its location a little bit, to fit the actual deck.

Lc4Hunter
x4

Post by Lc4Hunter » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 17:45

More important than making a bridge (that couldn´t really be used by the player) would be the possibility to switch the ship in some way :wink:

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 18:46

If this comes out I'll put Rebirth back in and give it another shot... also if this is really going to be put in Rebirth instead of X3 I'll miss it in X3...

Edit - Thanks for the reply in the other thread, I'll keep an eye on this one also.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Freeman_79
xr

Post by Freeman_79 » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 23:01

Wheeeeyyyy, its back, keep up the good work :)

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 13:31

Had a few thoughts on this last night. Thinking that I may use this as a sort of quickish test mod. That anyone is able to help with just so we can see what the game can do in a small complete conversion.

Idea:
-Number of completely empty zones - remove everything of the current game.
-Only way to get to the next zone is by finding an object which then gives you the choice to jump
-Each zone may contain other BSG ships and resources (asteroids etc) that allow you to build ships weapons etc.
-You will be randomly attacked by cyclons.

Quite a basic (I hope) idea to start of with and allows me and others if they wanted to play around with the engine before people start working on the massive mods (most likely including me as well).

Anyone want to chip in ? A lot of this will be XML and I could do with someone holding my hand till I get a better understanding of it.

Also updated the main image now UVs and smoothing is working correctly :)

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 22:44

Would have thought egosoft would release some mod tools and documentation within a few months of the game coming out tho that was the assumption before we knew about how bad the game design and bugs were lol. Still i still think they would do a 3d max plugin for modding the models in the game and other tools for packing and unpacking stuff and some documentation but instead a bit later than thought of?

Btw nice work so far, i can just imagine all the big boob mods coming later :D
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 23:20

CCP + Eve players have a term 'time to penis' as regards the potential for ship modding; defined as the length of time between moddleing knowledge becoming public and the first flying genitalia. 'Hello Kitty' Skunk mod in 3... 2...
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 23:21

Now you mention it i do have........

Lc4Hunter
x4

Post by Lc4Hunter » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 06:31

Some progress, killerorg?
Would love to see more of your ship :-)
And of course i would love to know how you get the ship ingame to test it on my own.
Maybe you can describe the way you get the Old Lady in?

Oh and btw:
To add turrets, you can easily place them in your 3d program, note the coordinates of the turrets and place them manually in the scenefile.

Schould work, i think.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 14:04

Been busy the last week or so, so not had time to do much. I do have a draft of a guide written explaining how I got the ship in game, I just need to figure out an error i am getting, touch it up a bit and ill release it.

Yeh I did think of that but I think ill just wait till _arc updates his tool. No real rush.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”