Script & Mod Requests

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 22:26

Please use the existing mod topic.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 22:55

Sadly the forum software this is all running on doesn't support subforums from what i remember the moderators saying in the past.

Defendor89

Request: Change Crew Members in ships

Post by Defendor89 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:21

Hey.
Is there any possibility for a mod that lets u change out the Captain, Pilot, engineer and so on, on the different ships under your command (for example the Rahanas)??

This mod could maybe also fix the damn bug many have after the boarding mission with the Rahanas constantly following you even when to in your Squad...

Tnx
Defendor89

frighowler

request: usable low yield firearms

Post by frighowler » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:40

lead your marines into battle on capitals and stations

(or cap the co-pilot if your that way inclined).

I expect if they created there own system porting in doom or something will not be possible?

98abaile
x4

[Request] Get rid of mouse follow.

Post by 98abaile » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:20

Can someone please create a mod that gets rid of mouse follow and enables direct steering? God knows why this option wasn't included natively.
Thanks.

Baleur
x3tc

[Request] Keep engines while using detailmonitor. Keep zonemap instead of "no signal"

Post by Baleur » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:21

The latter is something they said they might introduce in an update, but i'm wondering if it can be modded before that? As you know, when nothing is targeted your cockpit display just shows a useless "No signal" black square.
Would it be possible to look at the trigger that happens when you select a blue highway entry point for example, and use that permanently to display the zone map in the cockpit instead of "No signal"?
Sometimes i find myself just clicking on a highway just to get the map up.

Secondly.
Is there a way to prevent the engines from stopping when opening the detailmonitor (pressing I on something, opening the map, etc)? I find it enfuriating that it keeps stopping my ship when i'm trying to look up info on something i'm heading towards, or when i'm looking at my map!

Cheers modders, gods among men :lol:
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

reanor
x4

[EASY MOD REQUEST] - Font size increase in ship menu.

Post by reanor » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:28

Can someone please create a mod that increases the font size in control menu. Like the menu you access inside of your ship or anywhere else to check things like Info, Universe etc etc. Or point me to the file where this setting is hidden. Also will just changing the font size in some XML will do this or menus are pictures and I have to create new menus?

Thanks in advance. I'll be poking around as well.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

MutantDwarf
x4

Re: [EASY MOD REQUEST] - Font size increase in ship menu.

Post by MutantDwarf » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:30

reanor wrote:Can someone please create a mod that increases the font size in control menu. Like the menu you access inside of your ship or anywhere else to check things like Info, Universe etc etc. Or point me to the file where this setting is hidden. Also will just changing the font size in some XML will do this or menus are pictures and I have to create new menus?

Thanks in advance. I'll be poking around as well.
I don't think it's currently possible to edit those.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:31

Font size change seems relatively straightforward but the thing is that it may cause problems with clipping: The menus and graphics have been created with a certain font size in mind and changing that font size without adjusting all menus and graphics will probably result in way more unreadable texts than they are right now.

So probably not that easy a change.

ScorpyX

Post by ScorpyX » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:37

-> Kirmari: oh now i understand you
hot-key commands definitely will be awesome
but do you think that waiting this from each game is not absurdity?
its absurd! i think >90% PC games now even dont give you re-bind possibility..

but in case of X-rebirth game i think need some time
for people to understand the files for game controls
and stuff like "how change it properly" \ "how use it for any game actions" etc

ps. in first day I could not re-bind buttons in game settings (its just not work.. or lock etc)
Then i noticed that re-binding is working
now i noticed buttons for console command and debug log (which is awesome)
As far as I know - you can extract game files but LUA files of controls kind encrypted (for now..)

its need some time.. i think people will be there (any re-binds \ setting stuff etc)
and developers can make awesome changes too..

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:44

I'd love to try though I'd rather have it clipping than impossible to read. Also I want to change the color on the object icons that hower above the objects like i for information etc. If they were yellow-orange it would be so much easier to notice them.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

HyperionXL
xr

Post by HyperionXL » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:46

It was included because lots of people use mice and find it better than holding down their left mouse key the whole time, perhaps?

SyberSmoke
x4

Post by SyberSmoke » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:51

Jack08 wrote:Nothing along the lines of fleet management yet, that's down the line - but i am working on some basic commands right now - hold position, follow, go to sector, refuel ship, recall drones - some examples

However its slow going as im learning my way though the new codebase.
Jack, I look forward to when you get this working. I have lost a few ships to them mindless following me around and...it is annoying. So count me as one of the many that will get this mod as soon as it's released.

DogyAUT
x4

Post by DogyAUT » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:55

HyperionXL wrote:It was included because lots of people use mice and find it better than holding down their left mouse key the whole time, perhaps?
He is talking about direct mouse control which was standard setting in pre Terran Conflict (they added in TC this new mouse mode) and I also want my classic mouse mode back.

DogyAUT
x4

Post by DogyAUT » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:57

Jack08 wrote:Nothing along the lines of fleet management yet, that's down the line - but i am working on some basic commands right now - hold position, follow, go to sector, refuel ship, recall drones - some examples

However its slow going as im learning my way though the new codebase.
You will be my hero, if you get this mod finished!!! :D

stk25
x3ap

Post by stk25 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:57

I had a crack at this earlier, tried replacing all the fonts with bigger size versions but it ended up giving me corrupt text... Hopefully Ego will release their lua sources so we can edit the UI directly, wish they'd just added a UI scale option from the start, it's painful to play in 1440p when everything is tiny :evil:
Last edited by stk25 on Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 02:26

You know this is what pisses me off the most. Instead of enjoying the game I have to find ways to increase damn fonts because devs didn't think that it is important enough... :evil:

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 02:37

Already a 3rd of the way there, i have hold position, follow and move to my position working, however i cant release what i have until i can find a way to prevent people form using the commands on a ship currently running a trade job, or you will break the trade job and leave it hanging there forever. (and loose your credits in the process)

Hiper-Boy
x3ap

Post by Hiper-Boy » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 02:48

reanor wrote:You know this is what pisses me off the most. Instead of enjoying the game I have to find ways to increase damn fonts because devs didn't think that it is important enough... :evil:

Play the game in 720p and your problems will be solved....... Seeing as how the game looks like it was made for the xbox, thats how it should be played then, right?

=(

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 03:00

Please keep the raging to the main forums. Seriously. We're here to get things done not to complain about something not being done. ;)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”