[4.20 HF1] FEEDBACK - Very poor design in tutorial mission

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rp198419

[4.20 HF1] FEEDBACK - Very poor design in tutorial mission

Post by rp198419 » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 02:38

I've reached the point in the first mission (where you are trying to upgrade the ship and learning the basics) where it says "Lets make 538,000 credits" or something and then...nothing! Not another word.

It would be helpful if they said HOW this is to be achieved.

What is needed is a walkthrough of that first mission, step by step; then we might be able to understand how it all works, At present, it is typical of a tutorial designed by those who assume that everyone knows already how to play this game. Some of us are new to it and have never played Rebirth before.

Very, very poor tutorial design in my opinion.

Lothari
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
xr

Post by Lothari » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 11:46

Thanks for your feedback; we'll be continuing to make updates and improvements to the tutorial system throughout the Early Access period.

Thanks,
SoT
(Formerly SonOfToastie)
-- Nil actum reputans, si quid superesset agendum. --

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 14:53

Many thanks for your reassurance:

"Thanks for your feedback; we'll be continuing to make updates and improvements to the tutorial system throughout the Early Access period."

I am hugely impressed with the dev followup in this forum. You clearly care about what we, the players think. Elite Dangerous could learn a lot from you in that respect; they seem not to want to talk to anyone.

I am hugely enjoying the game, especially now the Touch controllers are becoming more instinctive for flight.

As I said, a detailed walkthrough would be worth a million comments. However, I am sure you will improve the tutorial missions so that they have real - as opposed to perceived - value.

By the way, I love your signature, "Nil actum reputans, si quid superesset agendum"

Perhaps, when promising things, also, "Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui"

Many thanks.[/i][/b]

Aquitaine
x4

Post by Aquitaine » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 19:58

The signal to noise ratio at FDev is pretty bad due to the hugenormous console+PC audience they have.

These forums have always been a little more intimate. Great for us, even if there's probably an Ego marketing bot somewhere who would prefer FDev's problems. :)

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”