Two-stage trigger?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

thedav
x4

Two-stage trigger?

Post by thedav » Sat, 18. May 24, 20:21

My newest Flight stick has a two-stage trigger. Does anyone have any creative uses for this function in X4? Or do you just leave it unmapped?

Landerhow
x4

Re: Two-stage trigger?

Post by Landerhow » Sun, 19. May 24, 12:56

First stage fire primary, second fire primary and secondary

thedav
x4

Post by thedav » Sun, 19. May 24, 19:52

Thanks! That's the only thing I could think of. I guess that's the one to go with.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 22. May 24, 12:01

The "fire secondary" action has dual role: (1) fire weapons in the active secondary group, and (2) emit Long Range Scan pulse. One does not necessarily want the primary guns fire when doing LR Scans.

One has four groups for primary and secondary. One can have "some" and "all" groups for primary, and the first trigger stage to fire the active group. The secondary groups might be set to include missiles -- something one does not want to use while firing guns.

I don't have second stage bound. Not even on other games with airplanes, which have MG and cannons.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

thedav
x4

Post by thedav » Sat, 25. May 24, 02:14

I still have secondary weapon bound the traditional thumb button too so no danger of firing guns when long range scanning using that. I did bind the trigger 2nd stage to also fire secondary weapons so that I can give it a quick pull while still firing primary. Otherwise, yeah I wasn’t using it at all as it sat unbound.

Return to “X4: Foundations”