Help. I can only see my ships.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dweikert

Help. I can only see my ships.

Post by dweikert » Mon, 20. May 24, 18:18

Not sure what I did but, I added to a station and tried to assign a builder but couldn't find one in any sector. I backed out of that and realize the only ships showing on the map display are mine. I tried finding the filter but no luck. Any idea how I did this and more important, how do I undo it?

Thanks.
:Dan

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Help. I can only see my ships.

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 20. May 24, 18:35

If you mean that you can see the NPC ship icons on the map but they are not listed on the left then you are probably in 'Property Owned' and not in 'Object List', or perhaps you are in a 'stations' or 'deployables' filter rather than 'ships' or 'stations and ships'.

Oh, and make sure that you are not still looking exclusively for builder ships in the build screen.

If you can't see the NPC ship icons on the map when zoomed in enough then I don't really know what is going on. Check that you are not in 'Fleets' or 'Ships with Inventory' or some such restricted property listing, but even then you should see the NPC ship icons on the map. It may even be that your game or save has corrupted, but that would quite unusual and might be further confirmed or refuted by a game installation verification.

This is all assuming that you don't have 3rd party mods or save edits that may have misbehaved on a beta or update.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dweikert

Post by dweikert » Tue, 21. May 24, 00:54

Thanks for the reply but none of the above.

I can see the icon for my ships in map view but no others. If I click the object list (not property owned) it only shows my ships and stations. Oddly enough other ships would show on that list when docked to my station but only then.

In 'select builder' I see no ships, not even mine.

Tried to post a screenshot but can't find the option for attachments and not worth uploading to an image server.

I went back 2 saves and that brought them back.

If I ever figure out what happened, I 'll post. But, it's back now so... moving on.

Thanks again,
:Dan

PS: No 3rd party mods.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Tue, 21. May 24, 01:26

You probably have some map filter active (top right corner on the map screen).

dweikert

Post by dweikert » Tue, 21. May 24, 01:32

adeine wrote:
Tue, 21. May 24, 01:26
You probably have some map filter active (top right corner on the map screen).
That was the first place I looked but even after getting it back I don't see an option there to hide all but my ships in map mode.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 21. May 24, 11:37

It sounds like the 2 saves with the issue were corrupted somehow. I would dispose of those in case they ever get reloaded in the future and corrupt more save slots.

dweikert

Post by dweikert » Fri, 24. May 24, 02:33

Hate to say this but it's still happening. I verified the files with Steam but no problem there. I just blindly mapped out Tharka's Cascade thinking the Zenon had left for some reason, until I flew a ship in myself looked out the window and saw they were still there. Went back to the map and my ships were the only ones showing in the system. Again, back a few saves brought things back to normal. This is at least the third time it's happened. Thanks to the developers for autosaves at least.
Last edited by dweikert on Fri, 24. May 24, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 24. May 24, 10:11

If it keeps happening in vanilla but only to yourself (even if intermittently) then I'm afraid it sounds as if something is wrong with either your game installation or with the series of saves you are using. That's a hard one as whilst you can, if necessary, do a complete clean reinstall of X4, you won't know how far back in your saves you need to go to be completely clear of the issue, nor even if the save series can be rescued at all.

I would say that your best bet is to public link here a vanilla save (uploaded to a reputable public fileshare site) showing the issue happening and I'll move the thread over to Tech Sp where a dev might have time to take a look at it and perhaps explain why things have gone wrong.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Sat, 25. May 24, 16:27

Could you upload a save with this issue somewhere I can access?

dweikert

Post by dweikert » Sat, 25. May 24, 21:36

Yeah, this is getting frustrating. I thought I'd wait and see if it happened again, it did.

I can send you a link to pull the file off my Google drive. Do you need anything other than the .gz file in ...Egosoft\X4\...\save ?

If you need anymore I'm sure I can have another corrupt file for you in a few hours of gameplay...

Return to “X4: Foundations”