Multiverse Team Seasons: Season 1 Beta ends, preparing for the next steps

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wrmiller
x4

Re: Multiverse Team Seasons: Public Beta now available

Post by wrmiller » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 19:06

Lord Dakier wrote:
Tue, 18. Apr 23, 20:38
Any system that includes content that cannot be achieved in the full offline singleplayer experience is nothing short of a failure.

I assume the intention is to eventually monetise this.
I despise multi-player. I tried playing a singleplayer-made-into-multiplayer (elite) game and really disliked the restrictions enforced in the name of 'gameplay'. I hope this game doesn't go down that road as I won't buy multiplayer games.

Besides, it looks like multi-player didn't save elite from the dust-bin so there is that as well. Follow the money (or the perception thereof) I guess.
Alienware Aurora R10: AMD Ryzen 7 5800, 128GB DDR4 system memory, AMD RX 6800 XT 16GB, Warthog HOTAS, VKB pedals, trackIR

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 21:46

Sometimes i ask myself: Do devs even play their game? Looking at the MTS beta seems like they didn't, because even basic things are not working or not even implemented... Sadly this whole MTS comes at a cost of content for our beloved single player game.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 21:59

I just want my ships to bring back "Exceptional Shield Generators" .. so far nothing offers them in MTS, and they are rare as rocking horse poo in the normal game for me.

The old Ventures we took part in used to have missions which brought back quite a few special modding resources (aswell as some of the rarer paint skins), will they be coming back?, if not, after waiting all this time and keeping the game un-modified without third party mods, its a bit of a dissapointment to say the least. What used to be good about Ventures is now not so much.
I have seen the mission type objectives, two in my game offer a reward of 1 x Seminar for 3 Star Management .. Who needs Management seminars?, assign any no stars NPC as a manager of a station and within a few hours he/she is 4-5 stars.

Unique ships .. The Yasur for now, I dont know what to make of it. Good guns for an S class, but realistically I cant make good use of it, no blueprints. And fighters in X4 are just suicide squads. I might use it a couple of times see how it fares dogfighting, but the Boron just gave me a Hydra Regal :wink:
Last edited by alt3rn1ty on Wed, 19. Apr 23, 23:55, edited 2 times in total.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 23:36

Mourn_Bringer wrote:
Wed, 19. Apr 23, 16:23
Why devs did this? Who needed this? It's a step in wrong direction ...
We, the players do ask for "shiny things". Egosoft is kind enough to deliver what was asked for.

Some of us have frequently wanted multi-something. In the fashion of ancient story-telling tradition the deliverables do fulfill the letter, but not always the spirit of the wishes. :twisted:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 23:43

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 19. Apr 23, 23:36
Mourn_Bringer wrote:
Why devs did this? Who needed this? It's a step in wrong direction ...
We, the players do ask for "shiny things". Egosoft is kind enough to deliver what was asked for.

Some of us have frequently wanted multi-something. In the fashion of ancient story-telling tradition the deliverables do fulfill the letter, but not always the spirit of the wishes. :twisted:
Except this isn’t the multiplayer ppl asked for.

Good Wizard
x4

Post by Good Wizard » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 23:55

wrmiller wrote:
Wed, 19. Apr 23, 19:06
Lord Dakier wrote:
Tue, 18. Apr 23, 20:38
Any system that includes content that cannot be achieved in the full offline singleplayer experience is nothing short of a failure.

I assume the intention is to eventually monetise this.
I despise multi-player. I tried playing a singleplayer-made-into-multiplayer (elite) game and really disliked the restrictions enforced in the name of 'gameplay'. I hope this game doesn't go down that road as I won't buy multiplayer games.

Besides, it looks like multi-player didn't save elite from the dust-bin so there is that as well. Follow the money (or the perception thereof) I guess.
Exactly my feelings, with the same reason: Elite Dangerous. Nowadays empty of every appeal (for me), mutated into a grind fest, and a money grab - and probably about to die...
I do not mind X4 having some multi player aspects, but I dread the things this will do to the game in the name of 'balance' and 'player needs to work to earn something'...

And one more thought : If say 20 or 30% of developer and artist work goes into the MTS part of the game, which I never will use, and do not want, the game looses value for me. I paid for a single player game, not for a multiplayer game, since I do not want this part. If I am forced to pay for a game, where a significant part of it it of no value to me - will I continue to buy it?

Raevyan wrote:
Wed, 19. Apr 23, 21:46
Sometimes i ask myself: Do devs even play their game? Looking at the MTS beta seems like they didn't, because even basic things are not working or not even implemented... Sadly this whole MTS comes at a cost of content for our beloved single player game.
The time they chose to do this new beta is a bit strange, considering the problems with the current version of X4 6.0.

I do not have any big experience with X games, since I am in since X4, version 4.0, when I bought it first. Since then I updated every time, up to 4.2 (the best and most stable version I know), over 5.0, 5.1 and now 6.0, and I purchased all the DLCs.
IMHO the 6.0 release is the worst new release of them all. 5.0 was not very good, but playable, the Avarice DLC had a lot of problems, so that I did not touch it until today, but it is in my games, and at some point I will try to do story missions there. But now - I did install 6.0, but it does have so much bugs and problems, that I downgraded to 5.1, because I do not want to play it in this state, as beautiful the Boron things and the graphics in general are.

The forums at Steam and at Reddit, and here too are full of posts from baffled and disappointed players - yet we do betas with multiplayer thingies...

*sigh*

1eskimo
x4

Post by 1eskimo » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 02:21

Split conquer the MULTIVERSE!

nmonter
x4

Post by nmonter » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 06:03

So a question: Does anyone know how to get the Enlist Field Officer mission to work? I put in a 2-star management person in my ship. Landed and nothing happened. I can't seem to replace the manager of the station with a 2-star (I just created a dedicated station).

But general feedback:
- So quick save makes me have to specify the save and overwrite it. Is there a quick save option for the online save?
- When you hit M from the from the Multi-verse map it is all the way zoomed out. I actually wish you could zoom out far the map so you could see all of the hex grids. So if you could add that....

TVCD
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by TVCD » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 06:55

nmonter wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 06:03
So a question: Does anyone know how to get the Enlist Field Officer mission to work? I put in a 2-star management person in my ship. Landed and nothing happened. I can't seem to replace the manager of the station with a 2-star (I just created a dedicated station).
Open the com to the NPC. In the dialog menu you can then transfer him.
"Manche Menschen können den Regen spüren, andere werden nur nass"

Gomorragh
x4

Post by Gomorragh » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 07:50

Mourn_Bringer wrote:
Damn it! That's not what I want in X games. Why devs did this? Who needed this? It's a step in wrong direction both to singleplayer and multiplayer experience!
If the multiplayer mode - go for arena type with prebuild ships of same category (or various in other modes).
If the singleplayer mode - go for that story of 2 factions but in completely offline and free from checklist of shit.

Yeah, had to register to write that.
IMHO
I will say that both eve and elite dangerous went arena play style thing and it didnt go well for them, at this moment, this is a good way to collect data for interactions without piling out for servers, people like FDev were warned for years before thier original alpha's that thier way of communicating wouldnt have been good for thier game and, especially with the oddssey release, thier servers (AWS) were a large part of the problem along with not having full control or direct contact with the clusters they rented.....

But if you are asking "Who wants multiplayer?" then you have not been around the forums long enough to remember the first incarnation of the forums and the XO suggestions forum, over the years since those original forums many multiplayer space games have failed massively because they didnt investigate the server tech first, and one of the few survivours is completely ignored because it has a similar name to another game that has nothing at all to do with space sims, thing is, that game is one of the few games i know that is completely cross platform.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 08:53

To me the venture system seems to be designed to make addicted and buy "bonus" content like the Yasur.

One online session with a Yasur and you have trained a 5 star captain, that are rare in offline games.
Before going to bed you send a ship on 5 hour mission to mine Brane Fuel... Before going to work you start X4 just to send the ship on another Brane Fuel mining mission...

This is not fun!

Greenhorn
x3ap

Post by Greenhorn » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 09:31

Question Egosoft, do we get regular ventures😯.Non multiplayer, Getting exceptional stuff/Blueprints/missions.Anybody know?????.That's what I preferred.
Running latest Steam X3: Albion Prelude .v 3.1 + bonus pack.favorite single music :Coldplay - Something just like this.Muse - Supermassive blackhole.Audiomachine - Sol Invictus,Cinematic.And finally, Florent Zunino - Foundation - Titles.

NiAypa
x4

Post by NiAypa » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 12:07

I really dont get most of the criticism. They have always said, X4 will remain a single-player game, no online game. Now they are adding this asynchronous Multiplayer, which is fine for me, but you can also just opt out of if, if you don't like to play multiplayer. Reading the comments I get the expression some people feel pressured to participate because of the extra ships/whatever you can get, but as someone pointed out before, you can also just get them with mods.

So whats the problem? (If it is implemented like this)

Otas Elite
x4

Post by Otas Elite » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 13:38

> Reading the comments I get the expression some people feel pressured to participate because of the extra ships/whatever you can get, but as someone pointed out before, you can also just get them with mods.

With this they already showed that they are willing to downgrade the single player experience for the multiplayer. And who says that they will always allow mods that include paint? At the moment they don't really have any reason to stop that but what if they at some point include some way of monetization? Suddenly they will potentially lose money for every mod that includes skins.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 14:27

:?

:|

:lol:

The mix of emotions reading about this...

Seriously who asked for his? :gruebel:

Mourn_Bringer
x4

Post by Mourn_Bringer » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 14:48

Gomorragh wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 07:50
But if you are asking "Who wants multiplayer?" ...
That was not what I asked.
I've played Elite and EVE and stick with X for what it is. I just suggest that IF you want to add multiplayer mode - add it like in Mass Effect 3, additional game mode without impacting your singleplayer game directly.
That current thing is more like text game where you read messages about your ventures or some random generated name "player" do in your universe. Or like mobile game that have same mechanics - send your P2W team to another player to grab their stuff.
My whole point is - WHY? (where "why not" is not the answer)
It's is good thing that something happening to X4 , beside 6.0

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 15:03

After looking at the video to be honest it just seems like an expanded version of the ventures we had previously.

My only gripes would be the seasons and the teams for unique rewards...

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 15:18

The only mods I am using are graphic ones, mainly for the UI. Coloured maps and similar stuff. It would be nice if we could use these types of mods with the new multiplayer setup.

sw@somdir.de

Post by sw@somdir.de » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 15:28

Soo, i somehow like it.

Only thing is:
I followed all the steps... But the Venture Parts are still all grey and not buildable. :?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 15:42

Try refreshing the link between your forum account and Steam account, as per the instructions. If you're still having problems, post in the MTS Public Beta feedback forum, as requested, and provide the information required in the rules for that forum.

Return to “X4: Foundations”