9 Steam Curators have reviewed X4

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Re: 9 Steam Curators have reviewed X4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 1. Nov 18, 01:37

Steams refund policy is pretty much just cuz of europe, so.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Thu, 1. Nov 18, 02:57

Sandalpocalypse wrote:
Thu, 1. Nov 18, 01:37
Steams refund policy is pretty much just cuz of europe, so.
Not sure how that's relevant to this. The other dude is literally demanding legislation to protect himself from an inability to think critically. If you can't pick a curator who's joking or is a troll (there's one called Cmdr Shepherd taking the piss using a Mass Effect joke to recommend everything, the Fortnite guy is just the inverse joke) then there's far bigger problems.

The Steam refund policy was never really much of an issue unless there was a truly broken product (something now common Steam but not when the refund policy was enacted). Even then it would have been enacted anyway without EU nonsense.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

caldersey
x4

Post by caldersey » Thu, 1. Nov 18, 10:47

spankahontis wrote:
Wed, 31. Oct 18, 18:52
In the UK, If I bought Retail and I didn't like it within 30 days? As long as I kept the receipt then I was legally entitled under Trading Standards to get a full refund of the purchase.
That's not quite right. Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you are only legally entitled to a refund within 30 days if the product is non working or faulty, if you're returning it simply because you changed your mind then a refund is down to the goodwill of the retailer.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 1. Nov 18, 16:28

caldersey wrote:
Thu, 1. Nov 18, 10:47
spankahontis wrote:
In the UK, If I bought Retail and I didn't like it within 30 days? As long as I kept the receipt then I was legally entitled under Trading Standards to get a full refund of the purchase.
That's not quite right. Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you are only legally entitled to a refund within 30 days if the product is non working or faulty, if you're returning it simply because you changed your mind then a refund is down to the goodwill of the retailer.
not quite right either. You are only entitled to a remedy if its inherently faulty. Within the first 6 months, its assumed it is and upto the retailer to prove otherwise, after 6 months its upto the consumer to prove that its faulty.
The remedy could be a refund, repair, or replacement, there is no guarantee of getting a refund.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 2. Nov 18, 02:01

Quotes

Not GOTY. Life is short. Don't play any games before you've played the best games

100% cutting-edge hardcore gaming, because "indie" games are garbage.

Space offers the finest opportunities for man-on-man love.

Not Fortnite. Why play it then? Don't play any game unless it is Fortnite.

---

In NZ we have the fair trading act. In regards to refunds/returns you are allowed to return any goods within a week if your not happy with them. that also applies to food tho most people dont return food unless its spoiled. You can return goods within a year if they do not work as intended, are damaged, they dont do what they were advertised to do, or if you were told by a seller that it did something it doesnt do. Its been the law since the 1960s but most foreigners who set up businesses here dont know or understand the fair trading act, and frankly dont care. I know, I worked for one who broke every trading law there is.

THIS ALSO APPLIES TO GOODS/SERVICES/PRODUCTS THAT ARE SOLD TO/WITHIN OUR COUNTRY BY A COMPANY BASED IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, i.e. Steam/Valve/Egosoft, but its extremely hard to get a refund for software as most of those companies are not in our country. Steams policy to refuse to give refunds if game has been played for more than 2 hours is against the law here but no one is gonna take Valve to court.
Just... another... bug.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Fri, 2. Nov 18, 10:46

I guess we just have to wait for the official reviews..
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 3. Nov 18, 04:19

Looks like only 8 curators now. I was already ignoring 3 of them and just added a bunch more.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Sat, 3. Nov 18, 10:02

"Space offers the finest opportunities for man-on-man love." :lol:

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 3. Nov 18, 18:45

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 1. Nov 18, 16:28
caldersey wrote:
Thu, 1. Nov 18, 10:47
spankahontis wrote:
not quite right either. You are only entitled to a remedy if its inherently faulty. Within the first 6 months, its assumed it is and upto the retailer to prove otherwise, after 6 months its upto the consumer to prove that its faulty.
The remedy could be a refund, repair, or replacement, there is no guarantee of getting a refund.
It's still a better policy than being stuck with it, It's amazing that the best policy they have in the US is the 2 Hour Guarantee on Steam. It's like they enjoy being robbed over there.
I remember how it felt to be sold a broken game and feel powerless to contest it.
No law expert so the Consumer Rights 2015 Act must of changed things in previous Acts cause I could simply take it back in the past to the store I bought it from with my receipt and everything was sorted.
DaMuncha wrote:
Fri, 2. Nov 18, 02:01
Quotes

Not GOTY. Life is short. Don't play any games before you've played the best games

100% cutting-edge hardcore gaming, because "indie" games are garbage.

Space offers the finest opportunities for man-on-man love.

Not Fortnite. Why play it then? Don't play any game unless it is Fortnite.

---

In NZ we have the fair trading act. In regards to refunds/returns you are allowed to return any goods within a week if your not happy with them. that also applies to food tho most people dont return food unless its spoiled. You can return goods within a year if they do not work as intended, are damaged, they dont do what they were advertised to do, or if you were told by a seller that it did something it doesnt do. Its been the law since the 1960s but most foreigners who set up businesses here dont know or understand the fair trading act, and frankly dont care. I know, I worked for one who broke every trading law there is.

THIS ALSO APPLIES TO GOODS/SERVICES/PRODUCTS THAT ARE SOLD TO/WITHIN OUR COUNTRY BY A COMPANY BASED IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, i.e. Steam/Valve/Egosoft, but its extremely hard to get a refund for software as most of those companies are not in our country. Steams policy to refuse to give refunds if game has been played for more than 2 hours is against the law here but no one is gonna take Valve to court.
Better law than us, the 1 Week rule seems fair to me.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Return to “X4: Foundations”