9 Steam Curators have reviewed X4

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vandragorax
x4

9 Steam Curators have reviewed X4

Post by Vandragorax » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 12:00

https://store.steampowered.com/curators ... pid=392160

Wow the Steam Curator system is really rather out of hand. Valve are seriously struggling with how to engage with their community to help them 'manage' Steam... there's no way something like this will work, I mean just look at all those current "reviews". When there's rubbish like the "FortniteCurator" just saying "not recommended" to any game saying "well it's not Fortnite" erm... ok then.

I get a similar vibe with most game "reviews" on Steam these days, and take the user ratings with a pinch of salt, but these curators are just absolute garbage lol

Hopefully there will actually be some REAL X4 reviews soon. I wonder if Egosoft will be releasing press copies of the game before launch for some nice early proper reviews? :)
Last edited by Vandragorax on Mon, 29. Oct 18, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
Admiral of the Fleet.

nemesis1982
x4

Re: 9 Steam Curators have reviewed X4

Post by nemesis1982 » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 12:07

So have they even played the game? Do they get a BETA release or something?

Not much there I would call a review though.
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 12:08

Ofc they haven't played it lol... they just spam bs and put links to their discord etc. in a hope that a few idiots will see it and click on it or whatever. Basically the Steam version of clickbait xD
Admiral of the Fleet.

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 12:17

They just say X4 is bad because it isn't Fortnite.
Why give reviews to other games then, if they know they'll just hammer it down upfront without even reading about it.
Such curators should be banned, because whatever they say is just completely nonsense.
Have you checked their account? They give such BS comments to 581 games. They haven't receommended ANY game. They hammer down every game that's on Steam.
Too bad you can't leave a comment.

It's like going to a carshow and tell every producer their car isn't good enough because it's not a Porsche.
They haven't driven anything else than a Porsche and they automatically think that Porsche is the only good car in the world.
And they won't even try anything else, because they're afraid they might be convinced otherwise or simply reject it even if they feel the other car is better than their Porsche.

And they cannot say anything about X4 because it isn't released yet.
And beta-testers can't say anything either because it would be a violation of their NDA contract.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 12:28

How it is possible that some incompetents have the possibility to do this

Player
x4

Post by Player » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 12:33

Forget it, you have to log in to steam ... now I see.
Last edited by Player on Mon, 29. Oct 18, 12:38, edited 2 times in total.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 12:35

Vandragorax wrote:
Mon, 29. Oct 18, 12:08
Ofc they haven't played it lol... they just spam bs and put links to their discord etc. in a hope that a few idiots will see it and click on it or whatever. Basically the Steam version of clickbait xD
It could've that games on steam would be required to give beta access to their reviewers before hand. Like many publishers do when providing a to released game to a reviewer.
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 12:43

You do not miss much really.
It does not seem any of them played the game "full review once released", "X4 will allow you to fly all ships personally"', etc.
Right on commander !

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 14:50

This guy triggers me the most:
https://i.imgur.com/jJJnFuK.png

I willing to vote for this kid to be put in the chair.

This one advertising his discord:
https://i.imgur.com/QwXwBav.png

Rice
x3tc

Post by Rice » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 14:53

But He found 35 / 238 headaches who follows his stance... thats must mean something ! :lol:

PS: my cat has hid a dried grassleaf in my keyboard which were tingling my middlefinger each time i were writing something.
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Eine der hoffnungsreichsten Lebenslagen ist die, wenn es uns so schlecht geht, dass es uns nicht mehr schlechter gehen kann. [Felix Krull]

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 15:11

These people are trolls, guys. They don't necessarily aim against X4 and once you read their context, you pretty much know that all you need to do is dismiss their action, or maybe report them if possible.

Not saying that it's not a bad thing and can't hurt the reputation/sales of a game, but you can consider it as collateral damage. As in, Steam is pretty popular - such jerks are bound to be found there.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 16:18

I can only assume that feature of steam is abandoned. There's even one who is openly protesting it called 'no curation' and a few obvious parody accounts, it's apparently clear even to those who use it that it's pointless.
***modified***

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 16:23

LameFox wrote:
Mon, 29. Oct 18, 16:18
I can only assume that feature of steam is abandoned. There's even one who is openly protesting it called 'no curation' and a few obvious parody accounts, it's apparently clear even to those who use it that it's pointless.
This is steam for you. It's the Internet in a whole. Rather then cleaning up, moderating, etc. They just leave everything to go to shits. It sucks too because steam could be easily a much better place. They keep adding social features but when their social aspects are the worst of the worst kinds of people then no thanks.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 16:50

Wasn't Steam curators feature always kinda trash? Unless it's some know Youtuber with 50k+ subscribers or a person you know you just ignore them.

I think that curator review doesn't count to overall game score on Steam so ultimately it doesn't matter.

fcth
x4

Post by fcth » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 17:04

Kane Hart wrote:
Mon, 29. Oct 18, 16:56
This be a good time to bring up GOG :P
You're going to be in for a long wait...

On the other hand, X4 is up at Green Man (activates on Steam): https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/x4 ... dition-pc/

Sadly, this is currently a more expensive option as they don't have the 7% pre-order discount, and it doesn't look like any of their current promotions apply, though I'm going to wait a few more weeks to see if a deal does pop up.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 17:13

fcth wrote:
Mon, 29. Oct 18, 17:04
Kane Hart wrote:
Mon, 29. Oct 18, 16:56
This be a good time to bring up GOG :P
You're going to be in for a long wait...

On the other hand, X4 is up at Green Man (activates on Steam): https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/x4 ... dition-pc/

Sadly, this is currently a more expensive option as they don't have the 7% pre-order discount, and it doesn't look like any of their current promotions apply, though I'm going to wait a few more weeks to see if a deal does pop up.
Also, as was mentioned elsewhere on another thread, note that Green Man CE does NOT include the Pre-order bonus paint jobs either. You will receive your game key after the release (not before) so also less likely to be able to play at 'zero hour' if that is something you are looking forward to :)
Admiral of the Fleet.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 17:15

Yeah my point was based on going away from vial steam for those who want to choose that path. But once again 1 year DRM requirements are in place by Egosoft.

fcth
x4

Post by fcth » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 18:20

Vandragorax wrote:
Mon, 29. Oct 18, 17:13
Also, as was mentioned elsewhere on another thread, note that Green Man CE does NOT include the Pre-order bonus paint jobs either. You will receive your game key after the release (not before) so also less likely to be able to play at 'zero hour' if that is something you are looking forward to :)
Good point. I've never had a preorder with them that didn't get preorder bonuses, but since they are not promising it, it's definitely not anything anyone should count on. The only issue I've getting a key on time was with Mass Effect Andromeda (on Origin, as opposed to Steam), but again the most the promise is that you'll get your key on release day.

AC_Black
x4

Post by AC_Black » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 19:50

My question is IF they (9 Curators on steam), can give a review of a game that for most players of ANY X game, that takes upwards of 300hrs...?? When did they get a finished game to give an honest review of the game in the first place??? There is NO way they can give any review until they get a finished published game. Just a big joke is all I can say
Honor is the Only thing to Hold True.

Value comes from the Space you have and what you make of what Space you got.

H.I.E.R.
Honesty, Integrity, Equanimity and Respect.

Return to “X4: Foundations”