[QUICK HELP] Ask a question, get the answer

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Silvrav
x4

Re: [QUICK HELP] Ask a question, get the answer

Post by Silvrav » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:13

Where do you check the status of construction for bought ships?

I just placed an order for a ship...the time indicated was 02:00, so assume 2 hours?

But where on earth can i see what the status is of my order? are they waiting for parts? are they building?

Kamiyoda
x4

Post by Kamiyoda » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:18

Silvrav wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:13

I just placed an order for a ship...the time indicated was 02:00, so assume 2 hours?

But where on earth can i see what the status is of my order? are they waiting for parts? are they building?
Where did you buy a ship I cant find these things anywhere

Silvrav
x4

Post by Silvrav » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:26

Kamiyoda wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:18
Silvrav wrote:

Where did you buy a ship I cant find these things anywhere
have found 2 shipyards for X and XL ships and ship dealers in Holy vision and Trinity Sanctum III

golfmade
x4

Post by golfmade » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:28

I can't figure out how to use the Long Range Scanner. Any advice? I Shift + 3 and when I hit R my gun shoots but I dunno how to remap the Long Range Scanner button. Plus I can't figure out how to do the Long Range Scan because the tutorial wasn't very clear or helpful.

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:28

I found a suitcase icon near a station on my map, but I can't seem to find it visually to interact with it; where is that little bugger hiding???
Ayn Rand was correct.

Kamiyoda
x4

Post by Kamiyoda » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:33

golfmade wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:28
I can't figure out how to use the Long Range Scanner. Any advice? I Shift + 3 and when I hit R my gun shoots but I dunno how to remap the Long Range Scanner button. Plus I can't figure out how to do the Long Range Scan because the tutorial wasn't very clear or helpful.
Uh I think if Defaults to "R". Hold down the button and release, but dont realise it too early or too late cause if you do it wont do anything.

Silvrav
x4

Post by Silvrav » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:35

jasonbarron wrote:
I found a suitcase icon near a station on my map, but I can't seem to find it visually to interact with it; where is that little bugger hiding???
Thats a mission. Right click on it in your map to get the details

TKperson
x4

Post by TKperson » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:45

golfmade wrote:
Using the secondary fire when in long range scan mode seems to make it work, but you have to hold the button for about 1-2 seconds or else it doesn't fire off.

golfmade
x4

Post by golfmade » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:59

Kamiyoda wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:33
Uh I think if Defaults to "R". Hold down the button and release, but dont realise it too early or too late cause if you do it wont do anything.
Perhaps I didn't explain well sorry: Yes it is R but for some reason when I hit R my guns also fire while it also does the long range scan. I can't seem to find where the long range scan is in keymapping to remap it to some other button.

As for the timing of release I find it a bit annoying because does it mean I need to count 2-3 seconds in my head and then release? And even so how do I know if it is successful or not?

Cheers for the help.
TKperson wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:45
Using the secondary fire when in long range scan mode seems to make it work, but you have to hold the button for about 1-2 seconds or else it doesn't fire off.
I'll have to see what my secondary fire is mapped to but I'll keep trying and hopefully if I find out how it works I'll update haha.

Thanks.

Kamiyoda
x4

Post by Kamiyoda » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 06:23

golfmade wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:59
Kamiyoda wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:33
Perhaps I didn't explain well sorry: Yes it is R but for some reason when I hit R my guns also fire while it also does the long range scan. I can't seem to find where the long range scan is in keymapping to remap it to some other button.

As for the timing of release I find it a bit annoying because does it mean I need to count 2-3 seconds in my head and then release? And even so how do I know if it is successful or not?

Cheers for the help.
TKperson wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:45
I'll have to see what my secondary fire is mapped to but I'll keep trying and hopefully if I find out how it works I'll update haha.

Thanks.
Oh I see

And Yeah Counting to 2 works. Its very noticable when it works as a Giant bright Blue pulse shoots out around your ship like the Seismic Charge from Episode 2 but on steriods.

Silvrav
x4

Post by Silvrav » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 06:34

Silvrav wrote:

still no ship.....so effectively cant play any further as I cant buy new ships...

ChaosShadow00x

Post by ChaosShadow00x » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 06:39

Is it possible to find Pilots? If so, where?

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 06:41

I just got my hands on a ship with a hangar module and I was curious to see if I can have the fighter stored internally. Does anyone know how to order a fighter to be stored inside the hangar rather than on the landing pad?
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

Kamiyoda
x4

Post by Kamiyoda » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 06:42

ChaosShadow00x wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 06:39
If you mean crew to fly your ships then just dock at any static n and talk to the people there sranding arou d the landing platform. Something to note is that when you get to the menu to hire them you have to right click on the ship you want them on and then click select.

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 06:47

jasonbarron wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:03
I encountered a transmission that put me in contact with a Boron who sent me on a scientific mission, but I got side tracked doing other things and don't know how to get back on track with the thread. Where do I find the details of the mission to get going on it again? I went into the "Missions" tab but it just tells me that I have no missions...
Open your map, on the left, there should be a "mission manager" tab. Switch to it and you can find all your active mission in there and switch which navigation for which mission to use, like in X3TC.

ChaosShadow00x

Post by ChaosShadow00x » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 06:57

Kamiyoda wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 06:42
ChaosShadow00x wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 06:39
If you mean crew to fly your ships then just dock at any static n and talk to the people there sranding arou d the landing platform. Something to note is that when you get to the menu to hire them you have to right click on the ship you want them on and then click select.
They're never pilots though, I've been looking for an hour... Theres only engineers.

OrionSnake
x4

Post by OrionSnake » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 06:59

Just discovered this tonight...

How to fly like Elite Dangerous where left and right roll the ship?

Bind a key to "Toggle Steering Axis". This setting is unbound by default.

golfmade
x4

Post by golfmade » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 07:05

Kamiyoda wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 06:23
Oh I see

And Yeah Counting to 2 works. Its very noticable when it works as a Giant bright Blue pulse shoots out around your ship like the Seismic Charge from Episode 2 but on steriods.
I must be doing something wrong then as every time after 2-3 seconds of charging then releasing I don't see any blue pulse or anything. Only hear some sound effects and that's it.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 07:16

How can i take control of an abandoned M cargo ship if there are no anomalies to scan near the entrance?!
Last edited by Karvat on Sat, 1. Dec 18, 08:20, edited 1 time in total.

Drake
x4

Post by Drake » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 07:23

I posted on the Steam forums but have had no responses so thought I would I ask the community here.

1. Anyone having issues logging into the Online Services while in game? I am unable to access my Egosoft account from the game. I just get "There was an error while logging in" but I am sure both my login and p-word are correct.

2. Whenever I enter the map that Flight Assist goes off, is there a way to stop this? Can we get up from our seat when traveling fast? Is there a keybinding I missed also for it?

3. Spacesuits. Having played Hellion I find spacesuit flight frustrating right now, is the an auto-stabilize feature or any other QoL tips anyone can share?

Thank you in advance for any and all replies and tips.

Return to “X4: Foundations”