Hazardous region = death ?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Poacher886
x4

Hazardous region = death ?

Post by Poacher886 » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 23:01

I dont get it, i fly into a hazardous region for a mission and i die.

Why have a sector that = death within minutes. ?

geldonyetich
x4

Re: Hazardous region = death ?

Post by geldonyetich » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 23:38

It can be unreasonable depending on the circumstances, but I am unclear as to your specifics.

Note that L-sized ship shields don't pause when damaged, so you might be able to take one of those.

If this is the plot mission involving the terraforming, you're supposed to avoid being in the hazardous regions.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 23:42

Minutes ... Teladi had an abandoned ship in minefield. You don't spacewalk in hazard. Not even a millisecond. :shock:

The bigger the ship (shields) the better it survives a hazard.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 09:52

Hazards like that only affect things in high attention (about radar range of your personal ship or viewpoint). If you can do things with all your assets avoiding any hazard within that range of you then you may be good to go.

Some missions may allow that approach, and some may not and so need quick and dirty operations before things go pop. It is quite satisfying and fun when you figure a good method out for yourself and so it is not always a good idea to look up the workarounds or be fed them in detail.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 15:47

Ok ill try to explain in better detail, excuse the Sector naming its off the top of my head.

Im in a Starter Elite in the main HAT sector (hatikavar choice) or similar, I have accepted a mission that guides me through a gate to (HAT something cascade), I appear in this cascade sector, and immediately there is electricity style effects going on around my cockpit, I cant see the Hazzard, but Betty is banging on about 'Hazardous area' , no matter which direction i fly in, my shields and then hull are evaporated in about a minute!"

Npc's seem to be flying around no probs though!

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 16:37

Poacher886 wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 15:47
Ok ill try to explain in better detail, excuse the Sector naming its off the top of my head.

Im in a Starter Elite in the main HAT sector (hatikavar choice) or similar, I have accepted a mission that guides me through a gate to (HAT something cascade), I appear in this cascade sector, and immediately there is electricity style effects going on around my cockpit, I cant see the Hazzard, but Betty is banging on about 'Hazardous area' , no matter which direction i fly in, my shields and then hull are evaporated in about a minute!"

Npc's seem to be flying around no probs though!
You need a faster travel drive small ship(making a run for the next gate) or a M class(or bigger) with more shielding to survive in that sector while sight seeing. They will drain eventually though, and don't boost too much draining your shield faster.
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 16:43

Tharka's Cascade XV.

S shields have such a slow recharge that the hazard eats them away (and then hull).
Even M shields (one Teladi) slowly lose.
You might be able to cross the sector with Traveldrive.
The hazard is on the eplictic plane. Flying some 50km up or down should get you out of it.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Zaemar2017
x4

Post by Zaemar2017 » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 17:26

With a MK1 travel drive and a class 3 ARG shield you can get an elite through the sector with about 25-30% shield left. Hit the gate a full speed and then flight assist off to point in the right direction, but mind the debris if you're going to the super highway. Point straight at the destination and ignore the sector highway. Is it a scanning mission by any chance?

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 20:34

Ok Thanks all, i thought i was missing something simple, im guessing there are no stations in this sector then....yet i still see the Enemy turn up there!.

In short then its just an annoying sector of nothing in which you have to pass to get to x-y-z..

Ehli
x4

Post by Ehli » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 23:08

IMO the most immersion breaking sector.. because every NPC is just ignoring it. There's even active trade (ships) going there!

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 23:15

I like to think that Hazardous regions as they are now are just an unfinished feature that has been abandoned in the process.
I can't think that they're dangerous only for the player and everyone else in the universe just ignores them like nothing.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 23:20

Tharkas Cascade XV
Ehli wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 23:08
IMO the most immersion breaking sector.. because every NPC is just ignoring it. There's even active trade (ships) going there!
Yet it is an awesome sector to be with your personal destroyer group. Once the player is present, NPC ships get affected by the radiation damage. It's fun watching the small Xenon ships go down almost simultaniously and beating the remaining K's. I often patrol there myself when I need to get goods up to the Split using the South-North passage with my L haulers.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 04:08

Ehli wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 23:08

This was what confused me, it seemed to me only getting issues..its a little much tbh, and could have been toned down.

PDWNET

Post by PDWNET » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 04:38

Nothing like a game element that presents a problem for the player that literally has no solution. Classic Egosoft. :sceptic:

Fortunately the community has found workarounds. Unfortunately, the workarounds seem to consist exclusively of "don't go there".

So yes. If you go there. You will die.

You didn't actually want your game to be fun, did you? :D

Animaga
x4

Post by Animaga » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 05:46

Is there a mod that removes or reduces the amount of damage the hazardous regions do to ships?

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 07:18

I think hazardous regions could be done better. Instead of eating your hull and killing (ONLY THE PLAYER), why not have the hazardous clouds give off difference debuffs instead? Some clouds disable shields, some limits sensor range and some can disable travel drive. This way you can have them impact NPCs as well without constantly killing them. Players can also make use of these regions for combat or piracy. Regions that limit sensor can also allow you to attack ships without reputation hit etc.

thyco
x4

Post by thyco » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 08:11

the hazards do effect the ai when you are in the sector with them. mean times ive have watched on the map while in tharka's cascade the amount of Xenon Ms and Ns and defense drones they just straight up without any work on my behalf because they have no shields and their hull gets eaten at slowly.

Return to “X4: Foundations”