So whats the next DLC?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DaMuncha
x4

So whats the next DLC?

Post by DaMuncha » Wed, 16. Mar 22, 21:58

So, now that we have almost every race in the X universe, even a pirate DLC, and all out wishes have finally come true. I can think of only one thing that needs doing, Theres something very fishy missing from X4. What else could the next DLC be?
Just... another... bug.

Matthew94
xr

Re: So whats the next DLC?

Post by Matthew94 » Wed, 16. Mar 22, 22:15

I think people speculated that the X-22 project was a Terran-Conflict-esque sequel so there may not be any further DLCs.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 16. Mar 22, 22:19

Matthew94 wrote:
Wed, 16. Mar 22, 22:15
I think people speculated that the X-22 project was a Terran-Conflict-esque sequel so there may not be any further DLCs.
In the goverment grant that X-22 received it was written that this will be a stand alone game.
Additionally the grant was 3x bigger than for ToA DLC.

This make TC-esque sequel very likely, probably with Borons as a main new content.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 16. Mar 22, 22:20

Additionally, looking at previous timelines for DLC and accouncement, I'd expect X-22 reveal somewhere between August and September.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Wed, 16. Mar 22, 23:22

It's working title changed to X4-22. See https://www.bmvi.de/SharedDocs/DE/Artik ... /x-22.html

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 01:24

I was hope there is boron dlc since no boron in x4 yet?
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 03:22

X4-22 could be basically required to implement Boron. If the Boron implementation is as "Real Boron", that would require water-filled environments. ES may have concluded that it's not practical to add the required game-engine supporting systems to do that under the current limitations of save-game compatibility with older X4 versions.

At which point a X3TC-style revamp seems quite logical, gives huge scope for new missions and any other new game features that can't really be added into X4 without breaking save games.

[hopeful] ...like the Xenon Hub as more than a cosmetic easter-egg :)

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 11:53

Well that would suck. After waiting years for X4 to get its DLC and closer to a "finished" state, then scrap the whole lot in favor of a new game, where all the DLCs and work to build the game needs to be redone. I kinda feel like this is ****** move, X4 is finally in a state that can be played (aside from the many bugs still in the game) and then to give us the one thing weve been waiting for in a whole different game, which then requires its on DLC. After X4 is "finished" I dont think I'll buy another X game. At least until the new game is "finished".

House Flipper 2 has recently been announced and the same thing willl happen with that game. The devs are still a year off release but theyre still making DLCs for HF1. Sort of like how Egosoft stopped production of X Rebirth in favor of making a new DLC for X3. Which had a huge impact on the release of X Stillbirth. Most agree that if Egosoft hadnt wasted time making the last X3 expansion they could have made XR a lot better than it was. That definitely hurt Egosofts reputation. WIth HF2 I'm going to have to wait for the hundreds of mods I've subscribed to to be remade for the new game.
Just... another... bug.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 13:55

They dont need "water filled enviroments" keep it simple and add hover suits like the timeline picture.

Starman01
x4

Post by Starman01 » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 14:01

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 13:55
They dont need "water filled enviroments" keep it simple and add hover suits like the timeline picture.
Fully support the idea, keep it simple, or bend the lore a bit and simply make them amphibian. The universe feels incomplete without these friendly fishy souls :)

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 16:20

Starman01 wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 14:01
NightmareNight91 wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 13:55
Fully support the idea, keep it simple, or bend the lore a bit and simply make them amphibian. The universe feels incomplete without these friendly fishy souls :)
Exactly

Alewx
x4

Post by Alewx » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 16:33

X4-22 hmm a standalone game, i would sense it be like Albion Prelude, a semi standalone. Something that just leaves everyone disapointed.
I7 9900k 4GHz
RTX 3080TI
32GB Corsair
Win10 64bit

But now on a freaking fast SSD aber immernoch ziemlich lahm beim laden :(

Witzzard
x4

Post by Witzzard » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 17:18

Alewx wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 16:33
X4-22 hmm a standalone game, i would sense it be like Albion Prelude, a semi standalone. Something that just leaves everyone disapointed.
Personally i think i take a wait and see approach if that's their aim.
Terran Conflict as standalone addon for X3, was in itself great. Though at that time there were no DLCs, so at it didn't feel all to wierd getting quite the expansive addon, which was more or less included X3: Reunion almost completly.

vitorawr
x4

Post by vitorawr » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 17:22

Witzzard wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 17:18
Alewx wrote:
Terran Conflict as standalone addon for X3, was in itself great. Though at that time there were no DLCs, so at it didn't feel all to wierd getting quite the expansive addon, which was more or less included X3: Reunion almost completly.
I have no gf

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 17:23

vitorawr wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 17:22
Witzzard wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 17:18
Alewx wrote:
I have no gf
>tfw

xant
x4

Post by xant » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 17:42

DaMuncha wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 11:53
Well that would suck. After waiting years for X4 to get its DLC and closer to a "finished" state, then scrap the whole lot in favor of a new game, where all the DLCs and work to build the game needs to be redone. I kinda feel like this is ****** move, X4 is finally in a state that can be played (aside from the many bugs still in the game) and then to give us the one thing weve been waiting for in a whole different game, which then requires its on DLC. After X4 is "finished" I dont think I'll buy another X game. At least until the new game is "finished".
What, you really think they'll delete all the content from the current expansions and start with a new version of the base game, with new ships, new stations and new sectors? Considering they want to release it next year, that would be almost impossible, even for a bigger studio with a big publisher backing them.

Do you even understand what a stand-alone expansion is? It isn't a "whole different game", as you put it. It means that the content from X4 + all three DLCs is taken, expanded upon by whatever they do within the next 12 months, and released as one version for everyone. Just like they did with X3-TC and X3-AP.

It can (and probably will) have some drastic changes that would otherwise break save game compatibility. That way the old saves are preserved, while everyone gets to enjoy the new content. Win-win for everyone.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 17:47

DaMuncha wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 11:53
You can't jump steps and work for free for several years.
The way I see it's that X-Rebirth was painful, but esential step towards X4 and X4 with DLC was essential step towards X4-22.

The only question is if X4-22 will be worth the wait - given how many obvious improvements are blocked by save-game cmpactibility + Boron specifics, I'd say X4-22 might be worthy effort.

I mean nobody cried when we had X3R then X3TC then X3AP then X3FL.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 21:50

DaMuncha wrote:
Wed, 16. Mar 22, 21:58
So, now that we have almost every race in the X universe, even a pirate DLC, and all out wishes have finally come true. I can think of only one thing that needs doing, Theres something very fishy missing from X4. What else could the next DLC be?
Aldrin, with friendly terraformers with we can interact and hire as any other race.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 22:51

Aldrin + Borons for X-22 would be great.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 23:57

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 22:51
Aldrin
THIS!

Terrans are severely lacking good fighters, Aldrin could really help out here. Also, the Aldrin paint job is absolutely great. Would love it as standard pattern for all my ships.

(and let's not forget our beloved Springblossom, though the Katana fills that gap for now)

Return to “X4: Foundations”