X4 Community of Planets Collector's content for faithful customers

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Havner
x4

X4 Community of Planets Collector's content for faithful customers

Post by Havner » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 13:31

This question is specifically about GOG, but probably it also applies to Steam.

If I have been a faithful customer and I do own all X4 DLC (including soudtracks) and I was planning to buy Boron stuff, how can I get the Community of Planets Collector's bonus content without having to re-buy all the stuff again with that edition?

Falcrack
x4

Re: X4 Community of Planets Collector's content for faithful customers

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 13:33

I bought that bundle on Steam. Basically, Steam already knew which of the items in the bundle I already owned, and only charged me for the items I did not own.

Havner
x4

Post by Havner » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 13:37

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 13:33
I bought that bundle on Steam. Basically, Steam already knew which of the items in the bundle I already owned, and only charged me for the items I did not own.
GOG doesn't do that, so the question with regards to GOG remains.

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 13:40

Falcrack wrote:
Correct. Unfortunately, GOG doesn't support such a "complete your bundle" system.
We'll look into potentially offering that Bonus Content as an individual purchase on GOG, but I can't make any promises and definitely no timing prediction.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Havner
x4

Post by Havner » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 13:44

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 13:40
Correct. Unfortunately, GOG doesn't support such a "complete your bundle" system.
We'll look into potentially offering that Bonus Content as an individual purchase on GOG, but I can't make any promises and definitely no timing prediction.
Well, I get the argument that the platform doesn't have such a feature, but if you own all the content anyway as separate purchases something should be arranged in some way as this way faithful customers are kinda left in the dark and I'd say that's not fair.

I know that GOG can do a detection of what is owned and offer different offers based on that. Such a thing was done with the latest edition of The Outer Worlds where you could buy it with a discount only when you had all the previous DLC purchases. So the system that could work here is on GOG already.

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 15:37

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 13:40
Falcrack wrote:
Is this not what Steam does? Certainly the Community of Planets Collector Edition Upgrade shows as a unique and separate item when I view it through the DLC options. I'm unsure why such a thing couldn't be done with GOG considering I've seen it done many times by many other companies.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

Havner
x4

Post by Havner » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 15:49

Ebany wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 15:37
Is this not what Steam does? Certainly the Community of Planets Collector Edition Upgrade shows as a unique and separate item when I view it through the DLC options. I'm unsure why such a thing couldn't be done with GOG considering I've seen it done many times by many other companies.
It can. What GOG can't do is "complete your bundle" (at least I haven't seen that). But there are several other ways to implement this which GOG supports. Seems Egosoft did not do a proper research and left faithful GOG user base stranding.

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 15:50

Ebany wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 15:37
Is this not what Steam does? Certainly the Community of Planets Collector Edition Upgrade shows as a unique and separate item when I view it through the DLC options.
It is listed as an individual item (since it has to, in Steam's system), but it is not individually purchaseable. You can only get it with the X4: Community of Planets Collector's Edition.
Havner wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 15:49
Seems Egosoft did not do a proper research and left faithful GOG user base stranding.
As mentioned previously: "We'll look into potentially offering that Bonus Content as an individual purchase on GOG, but I can't make any promises and definitely no timing prediction."
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Havner
x4

Post by Havner » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 15:55

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 15:50
As mentioned previously: "We'll look into potentially offering that Bonus Content as an individual purchase on GOG, but I can't make any promises and definitely no timing prediction."
Yes, I read that. But I have a feeling that this should've been done prior to the release and implemented. Now you tell me: "maybe we will, maybe we won't". Which in my book (and the current state) is treating GOG customers as second class citizens. And that's unfair in my book.

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 16:10

Havner wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 15:55
Gregory wrote:
Yes, I read that. But I have a feeling that this should've been done prior to the release and implemented. Now you tell me: "maybe we will, maybe we won't". Which in my book (and the current state) is treating GOG customers as second class citizens. And that's unfair in my book.
I must agree. I've played the X games since the start and at this stage history has taught me to refund and come back in a couple of years to re-evaluate the situation.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 17:40

Havner wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 15:55
Seems you are conveniently forgetting it isn't fully in their hands what kind of methods GOG technically enables.

It's wild to expect Ego to know or even bother to research all potential things some games releases on different sales platform may have offered. Some have to be dealt with as they come by, like bugs you know.
Last edited by magitsu on Thu, 13. Apr 23, 17:55, edited 2 times in total.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 17:51

Falcrack wrote:
Yeah i did that, it basically gave me a 20% discount on kingdoms end because i owned the rest of the dlc :lol:

Havner
x4

Post by Havner » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 21:47

magitsu wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 17:40
Seems you are conveniently forgetting it isn't fully in their hands what kind of methods GOG technically enables.
I'm not, you'd see that if you read my previous posts. What I am saying though that GOG offers enough functionality now to be able to implement this.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 23:54

Gregory wrote:

Considering I was an early buyer of the whole thing way before even the 1st DLC was out, I too would appreciate this gesture (or something similar) for us GOG users.

Sometimes I really do think we early purchasers are simply not appreciated for sticking it out and keeping faith in you guys.
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Fri, 14. Apr 23, 00:23

+1

I don't think Egosoft would lock meaningful in-game content behind this bundle that you can't get some other way (at least the posts imply you can get the ship through normal gameplay), but it'd still be nice for the art book and other extras.

Other games on GOG sometimes have 'upgrade to [insert edition] bundle' individual purchase options, I don't know if this might be an option for people who have the original collector's bundle and remaining DLCs.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Fri, 14. Apr 23, 00:56

Socratatus wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 23:54
Gregory wrote:

Considering I was an early buyer of the whole thing way before even the 1st DLC was out, I too would appreciate this gesture (or something similar) for us GOG users.

Sometimes I really do think we early purchasers are simply not appreciated for sticking it out and keeping faith in you guys.
I feel like they love us to much it hurts watching it.. We just got another insanely good DLC at the fraction of what 99% other games would charge. They charged us $15 if this was EA or another company that would been $80... We don't even buy DLC's their expansions that use to be the price of a full box game maybe a few bucks shaved. People act like Egosoft does not care about them, but that is not true. These little things are for those who might have a few more bucks to help support / apricate their work in my books.

Techedge
x4

Post by Techedge » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 19:07

StoneLegionYT wrote:
Fri, 14. Apr 23, 00:56
I feel like they love us to much it hurts watching it.. We just got another insanely good DLC at the fraction of what 99% other games would charge. They charged us $15 if this was EA or another company that would been $80... We don't even buy DLC's their expansions that use to be the price of a full box game maybe a few bucks shaved. People act like Egosoft does not care about them, but that is not true. These little things are for those who might have a few more bucks to help support / apricate their work in my books.
I would more than likely help them with "few more bucks" if they would let me. I'm a GOG early buyer of the CE and continued to buy other DLCs on day one to complete my collection and say thanks to Egosoft for their dedication even if it has been 3 years now that I don't play X4 anymore (I hope I will play it again in the future). So yeah, I really hope they will fix this inconvenience with GOG, it shouldn't be too difficult since the system seems to be already in place.

SimB
x4

Post by SimB » Tue, 2. May 23, 15:46

How can I just get this content without the extra Soundtracks: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2375 ... s_Content/ ?

I would pay 4,99 for it, but not nearly 20€.

Return to “X4: Foundations”