Request: Allow Ships To Transfer Wares With Capital During Flight

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Khugan
x4

Request: Allow Ships To Transfer Wares With Capital During Flight

Post by Khugan » Fri, 3. May 24, 17:15

As it is now, a small ship docked on a capital ship can't transfer wares unless the capital ship has no other orders. I should be able to trade between ships as I choose, unless the wares in question are already going to be sold/traded.

I should be able to snag some hull parts from my passing large freighter, on the fly, if I choose.

I should be able to grab ore the won't be sold by the capital ship, with a small miner to quickly go sell elsewhere.

As it is now, I can't manually order an M trader to dock an restock my Supply ship with the goods it needs, if the capital is flying in the fleet to a destination. I think it's up to the M ship to get to the Supply ship and dock without the capital ship needing to stop, but if it can dock, trading should not be indefinitely blocked for arbitrary reasons.

Please look into this Egosoft and thank for the awesome work on 7.0

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Request: Allow Ships To Transfer Wares With Capital During Flight

Post by CBJ » Fri, 3. May 24, 17:30

Moved to the main forum. As per the Public Beta Feedback forum rules, that's not the place for feature requests.

BitByte
x4

Re: Request: Allow Ships To Transfer Wares With Capital During Flight

Post by BitByte » Sun, 5. May 24, 12:14

There should be 2 separated task lists - external and internal:
External tasks would include commands which target is outside of the ship.
Internal tasks would include commands which target is on the ship (docked).

For example if we scenario with Tokyo, Cobra and Pegasus.
Cobra is docked to Tokyo.
Pegasus is docked to Cobra.

Using external task Tokyo could fly from sector A to sector B and internal task it could transfer laser towers and mines to Cobra (these transfers would be in Cobra's external task list).
At the same time Cobra could transfer adv. satellites and resource probes using internal task to Pegasus (these transfers would be in Pegasus external task list).

This might be challenging to fit in GUI and might cause confusion as 2 separate task lists. If them would be in same task list that's really messy and even more confusing.

Return to “X4: Foundations”