Build Military Base Mission

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Daviekhan
x4

Build Military Base Mission

Post by Daviekhan » Mon, 6. May 24, 16:55

The most frustrating mission, 28 turrets, 20 missile turrets, 16 shields.
So I bought the blueprints and popped on medium turrets and shields, nope that doesn't count.
Checked the forums, got to be large turrets, would be nice if that was in the mission description.
Back to the rep, buy the blueprints, take off all the mediums and replace with large, nope that doesn't count.
So how do I complete this mission?
Use special mind powers to read the blooming dev's minds??
Egosoft at least be clear with your mission requirements so I don't have to waste hours of my precious life trying to figure out what the hell you want!

Daviekhan
x4

Re: Build Military Base Mission

Post by Daviekhan » Mon, 6. May 24, 17:04

Might have figured this out, time will tell.
The builder doesn't build the turrets, you add them after the station is built *&^%$#$%^!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 6. May 24, 17:20

Daviekhan wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 17:04
The builder doesn't build the turrets, you add them after the station is built *&^%$#$%^!
Yep, if all modules have been build, but there are still build components needed this means the turrets are still to be build after the actual module construction has been finished.
I got stuck with this several times myself.

Uwe Poppel
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by Uwe Poppel » Tue, 7. May 24, 00:42

A look at the construction menu shows which materials are missing.
For example, if turret components are missing, what cannot be built... :gruebel:
Hinweise zum Auftauchen der Kha'ak: viewtopic.php?f=147&t=445830&p=5111784& ... k#p5111784

TroubledRabbit

Post by TroubledRabbit » Tue, 7. May 24, 01:03

but Uwe, quest descriptions ARE lacking and often confusing. That is kinda a general problem. The OP problem is a symptom.
Even Lower Spec (occasional) Gamer

Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon, kernel line: 5.15, X11
T14 AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650U/Renoir, 32GB

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Tue, 7. May 24, 03:50

Daviekhan wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 16:55
The most frustrating mission, 28 turrets, 20 missile turrets, 16 shields.
So I bought the blueprints and popped on medium turrets and shields, nope that doesn't count.
Yes they do. Though I don't think I've ever seen one request missile turrets before.

Beta 7 does update these missions so the modules count as steps. If you need 3 defense modules, there's now a step that says you need to make 3 defense modules. If you forget a module, at least that will be easy to see.

Whenever I do one of these, I always make sure a pier or admin module is the last thing to be built so the turrets have time to get built. That way, I'm sure to get paid for all of them if I give them more than what they requested.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Return to “X4: Foundations”