Please change how charge up weapons work

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

aza502
x4

Please change how charge up weapons work

Post by aza502 » Mon, 6. May 24, 18:17

Not sure where to put this, but could Egosoft please change the weapons that require some sort of charge up to instead be instant? because AI cant use charge up weapons correctly (for example Boron destroyer main gun) the AI wont hold down the damn fire button to fire it so it never shoots

flywlyx
x4

Re: Please change how charge up weapons work

Post by flywlyx » Mon, 6. May 24, 20:27

aza502 wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 18:17
Because AI cant use charge up weapons correctly (for example Boron destroyer main gun) the AI wont hold down the damn fire button to fire it so it never shoots
Is this a 7.0 beta complain? Since it works in 6.2 :https://youtu.be/sU1crz8I9-o?si=yBu3MB0nsUwY3uzh
Or it is related to certain modifications?

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 6. May 24, 21:22

I wondered if this was related to in game mods (as opposed to third party mods) being applied to the weapon.
We have had similar before (and I'm not entirely sure the issues were fixed for every mod) for the Asgard. Cant remember which mods it was, but it really messed with the timing and prevented the main weapons firing.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

aza502
x4

Post by aza502 » Tue, 7. May 24, 09:14

flywlyx wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 20:27
aza502 wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 18:17
Because AI cant use charge up weapons correctly (for example Boron destroyer main gun) the AI wont hold down the damn fire button to fire it so it never shoots
Is this a 7.0 beta complain? Since it works in 6.2 :https://youtu.be/sU1crz8I9-o?si=yBu3MB0nsUwY3uzh
Or it is related to certain modifications?

that video just proved my point tho? you can hear them spool up the lance then cancel it over and over lol

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 7. May 24, 10:01

They work fine in my game & have done since release of Boron DLC. My Rays have destroyed rather a lot of ships & stations in the past year. Would have noticed (& posted a bug report myself) if their main guns did not work. Recent screenshot from my 7.0 beta game: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bf2qeuo8 ... e9sw5&dl=0

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Tue, 7. May 24, 16:01

aza502 wrote:
Tue, 7. May 24, 09:14
that video just proved my point tho? you can hear them spool up the lance then cancel it over and over lol
Because the target is moving?
The AI for capital ships struggles to anticipate target movement, resulting in awkward firing behavior.
This issue is universal, and weapons like Ray's that require charging make it even more apparent. Overall, they are all equally useless.

aza502
x4

Post by aza502 » Fri, 10. May 24, 13:24

flywlyx wrote:
Tue, 7. May 24, 16:01
aza502 wrote:
The AI for capital ships struggles to anticipate target movement, resulting in awkward firing behavior.
This issue is universal, and weapons like Ray's that require charging make it even more apparent. Overall, they are all equally useless.

yes thats the main issue when it comes to charge weapons, anything that moves they cant hit the target properly. if the beams were click and shoot instead of charge up it would probably improve them

Ergoswot

Post by Ergoswot » Sun, 12. May 24, 08:12

flywlyx wrote:
Tue, 7. May 24, 16:01
aza502 wrote:
Why is this hard for egosoft to implment? I don't get it. As a workaround wouldn't it make sense to just make all beam weapons have a timer between shots (not need to be charged in a way that causes AI issues) but to then when fired hit the selected target 100% of the time? They are anyway meant to be instantaneous.

Return to “X4: Foundations”