Black Screen when not in cockpit.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Eldyy

Black Screen when not in cockpit.

Post by Eldyy » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 02:32

Whenever I'm not in the cockpit the screen goes completely black while I can still hear in-game noise. No buttons work as I can't even hear myself walking around If I try to use WASD. The only thing working is if I press escape my mouse appears. I've tried reinstalling drivers, using old drivers, using every different setting combination in the game, installing multiple times on different hard drives, changing monitor refresh rates, and even just plain restarting my PC. Nothing has worked. The first time I loaded the game I pressed the Young Gun start. I looked around for about 15 seconds before the screen went black. Then every time I loaded the game and wasn't in a **** pit it went black. I tried the warrior start, everything was going great until I docked. The second I stood up from my seat the glitch happened once more. Each fresh reinstall I make sure to clear ALL data from the game and it still doesn't show me that first 15 seconds like it did. I just go through the beginning cut-scene and it instantly goes to the black screen, unless I do the warrior start then once again it works until I dock and stand up. If I can't get this fixed by tomorrow I'm going to refund this game. I'm not wasting $50 on a product that doesn't even work.

In case the above explanation was not very clear, here is a video I recorded demonstrating the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JjyG7YarbA

My PC specs:

GPU: GTX 1080

CPU: I7-8700K

RAM: 16GB DDR4

My Vulkaninfo:

https://pastebin.com/Vtqj0BVf

Spaceman Sublime
x4

Re: Black Screen when not in cockpit.

Post by Spaceman Sublime » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 03:50

Replying that i also have this issue.
Specs as are follows;

GPU: GTX 1070
CPU: i7-7700K
RAM: 16GB DDR4

Luzz
x4

Post by Luzz » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 04:12

I spent the last 70 minutes finding out what caused this because I had the same issue If you are able to get into the main menu, go to settings>controls>controller/joystick and change your sensitivity value to be above 0 on both If that doesn't work go back to the controls and select load profile then click controller, I think it's the default it will reset anything else you might have changed. Hope this works for you guys.

Spaceman Sublime
x4

Post by Spaceman Sublime » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 04:19

Luzz wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 04:12
I spent the last 70 minutes finding out what caused this because I had the same issue If you are able to get into the main menu, go to settings>controls>controller/joystick and change your sensitivity value to be above 0 on both If that doesn't work go back to the controls and select load profile then click controller, I think it's the default it will reset anything else you might have changed. Hope this works for you guys.
This fix worked for me, thank you.

Eldyy

Post by Eldyy » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 04:44

Luzz wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 04:12
Holy shit I actually love you.... this fixed it. IDK why you can't set sens to 0 but this works. It's now working fine on 1 -_-

Thanks a ton bro

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”