Huge performance drop when talking to NPCs on closed rooms

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ltegalad
x4

Huge performance drop when talking to NPCs on closed rooms

Post by ltegalad » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 12:17

Hello,
I'm having huge performance drops when I talk to NPCs on closed rooms on stations (the ones you reach by the transporter room). All around, my performance inside stations stays around 30fps, but when I enter a room to talk to an NPC, my game almost freezes. Performance drops to less than one frame per second, and It stays like that until I teleport back to my ship. Notice that the performance doesn't drop immediately when I enter the room, but only when I approach the NPC I need to speak. I also goes back to normal sometimes, but only for a brief moment, and then goes back to less than 1fps. Any particular reason for this?

PS: how do I attach my dxdiag/vulkaninfo files? Can't find where to do it, so here's my specs:
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8300 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Huge performance drop when talking to NPCs on closed rooms

Post by CBJ » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 12:32

Could you provide DXDiag and vulkaninfo files as requested at the top of the forum, please. It would help us to identify what might be causing it.

In the meantime please check that you don't have anything else running on your PC that could be consuming CPU cycles and affecting the game. Task Manager might help here.

ltegalad
x4

Re: Huge performance drop when talking to NPCs on closed rooms

Post by ltegalad » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 13:28

Hello CBJ, thanks for the quick response! as I previously noted, I can't seem to find where to attach files in this board. Maybe I don't have permission?
Anyway, here's both of them uploaded to dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsxmsdfykjyqa ... g.txt?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0c2klp48as1b ... o.txt?dl=0

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”