1.50 LAG/CTD Landing Ships on Docks reduce FPS to ZERO

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

1.50 LAG/CTD Landing Ships on Docks reduce FPS to ZERO

Post by Tomonor » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 21:33

Now this is a very specific problem, so I'm not sure if its reproducable with a save-game (in fact, saving and loading games fix the problem until the next rotation).

The bug: Standing on a Dock never was a smooth experience with my specs (see below). However, now in case any ship docks/undocks will further on destroy my FPS numbers. The problem have gotten even worse when I landed in Argon Prime's Shipyard to recieve my rank from the faction representative. When I have gotten in her office and talked to her, I saw a Mercury landing in the background. That promptly removed my FPS numbers again (so I have gotten around a frame every 5 seconds). Managed to save the game to slot 10 (available below) walked around a bit with normal fps numbers again, flew away wtith my ship (steady FPS still), landed back there, went back to the faction representative. Boom. Game crash.

The report was filed automatically by the game I presume, but I will report it here individually. My NVIDIA sound drivers are disabled, so that's not the root of the problem.

Savefile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PHu06J ... sp=sharing

My specs:

Code: Select all

NVidia GTX 1050 Ti
AMD Fx-6300
8GB RAM

Scoob
x4

Re: [1.50] Landing Ships on Docks reduce FPS to ZERO

Post by Scoob » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 21:51

I've observed that the smoke effect we see when ships land and take off results is a spike in GPU load. On my GTX 1070, at my settings, this is still within its limits. However, if your GPU is already working hard, then it could well push it over the edge.

I'm unsure whether any particular preset removes this effect, but it appears to be one of the more taxing ones.

Scoob.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 21:58

Scoob wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 21:51
I've observed that the smoke effect we see when ships land and take off results is a spike in GPU load. On my GTX 1070, at my settings, this is still within its limits. However, if your GPU is already working hard, then it could well push it over the edge.

I'm unsure whether any particular preset removes this effect, but it appears to be one of the more taxing ones.

Scoob.
Nah, that's not it. I'm familiar with smoke fx being demanding, but this one is a new problem. Keep in mind, that I haven't had any issues like this since day 1.

This seems more of a bad optimization issue that spawned with v1.5

SimB
x4

Post by SimB » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 22:45

Deactivate all unused sound cards in your pc.

If you use your motherboard onboard sound card and have a NVIDIA card with hdmi sound - deactivate the NVIDIA driver.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 1.50 LAG/CTD Landing Ships on Docks reduce FPS to ZERO

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 22:55

I cannot really advise you further without a DxDiag. That office lag really does sound like the sound driver/device issue that many have seen before, whilst the CTD really needs the dump files to be investigated.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”