[3.1 HF] Able to get AI pilot stuck on your head

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

killerog
x4

[3.1 HF] Able to get AI pilot stuck on your head

Post by killerog » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 00:35

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned before (I have check the last couple of pages with no luck, and with this being the first time I have really sat down and played the game since release I have not kept up with it).

I have been able to get the AI pilot to get either stuck on my head or on the panels in a number of S class ships. Easy to reproduce, as a pilot to get out of the seat, and then get in the seat straight away before the AI has had a chance to leave the space occupied by the seat. You end up sitting down and the AI just gets pushed on top of your head, or the nearest panel.

Might be worth putting a delay or somehow checking to make sure the AI is out of the way before allow the player to get into the seat. Sure this wont be am issue on bigger ships as there is more space to work with.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [3.1 HF] Able to get AI pilot stuck on your head

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 11:16

Yes it has been reported before but if you can also link a vanilla save here in which immediately doing exactly what you described will *always* result in a stuck NPC then that would really help the devs to get this fixed. Thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 20:13

Here is a save where the pilot is already on your head https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhdLe0wCfvtrvvE_Qpi ... w?e=H2PdBY

And here is one that will cause it, once you ask the pilot to get up and you then get in the seat as fast as possible.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhdLe0wCfvtrvvFAofh ... g?e=oVWx58

Hopefully those links work ok.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Wed, 29. Apr 20, 01:32

You can switch to external view (F2) and back as workaround.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 29. Apr 20, 10:22

Yep or you can get up and let them take control again and then take over again leaving a delay.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”