Beta 7.00 (And previous patches): Many of the times there is a big asteroid infront of the same gate that i crash into.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Omni-Orb
x4

Beta 7.00 (And previous patches): Many of the times there is a big asteroid infront of the same gate that i crash into.

Post by Omni-Orb » Sun, 5. May 24, 12:43

Version 7.00 beta 4
Windows 11
DLC: All.

I know asteroids are kinda random however there must be a specific pattern to it because infront of the same gate from Tharka's Cascade to Family Zhin on the Family Zhin side there is a big asteroid exactly in the middle and infront of the gate that i end up crashing into when i travel drive through the gate. This has happened now Well over 15 times, this is the only place in the game where this happens to me and its very consistent.

DxDiag: https://ufile.io/huwdtidg

Save: https://ufile.io/67r8ez8f

Screenshot:
Image Image
Credence follow stars.

Omni-Orb
x4

Re: Beta 7.00 (And previous patches): Many of the times there is a big asteroid infront of the same gate that i crash in

Post by Omni-Orb » Thu, 9. May 24, 09:33

Version 7.00 beta 5
Windows 11
DLC: All.

Here is another sector which this happens.
I have hit this one maybe 5-10 times.
It is there 100% of the time and with a fast ship in travel drive above 6500m/s I hit it almost every time.
It is the accelerator from Silent Witness XII to Silent Witness XI, on the Silent Witness XI side.

DxDiag: https://ufile.io/huwdtidg

Save: https://ufile.io/8c8g7bdc

Screenshots:
Last edited by Omni-Orb on Thu, 9. May 24, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
Credence follow stars.

Omni-Orb
x4

Re: Beta 7.00 (And previous patches): Many of the times there is a big asteroid infront of the same gate that i crash in

Post by Omni-Orb » Thu, 9. May 24, 09:36

I did some more testing and both of the asteroids are there 100% of the time it is totally consistent.
Credence follow stars.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 9. May 24, 15:12

Asteroid spawns are likely reasonably consistent due to how the fields RNG seed is setup. They should also respawn when attention levels are changed sufficiently.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Thu, 9. May 24, 15:31

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 15:12
Asteroid spawns are likely reasonably consistent due to how the fields RNG seed is setup. They should also respawn when attention levels are changed sufficiently.
It doesnt change with seed, however they do respawn.
Credence follow stars.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 9. May 24, 15:38

I can reliably reproduce having asteroids directly in the path of the Highway, if travelling from South West to North East of Nopileous Fortune II.
You dont actually hit them (probably due to the speed on the highway) but I flinch every time expecting either getting stuck inside them or smashing them into a smoke cloud.

Here's a save. Just load it up and watch.
You are passenger in the Geometric Owl, and about to hit the highway.
As you travel North East I counted five asteroids you miraculously fly straight through.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5i0y3orn ... my5jw&dl=0
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 10. May 24, 03:32

Omni-Orb wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 15:31
It doesnt change with seed
The field seed, set in the XML data files of X4, should influence where large asteroids spawn as it controls the noise function used for their placement. This is not the initial universe seed and should not vary with time.

It might be the case that some sort of asteroid excluder is needed around/between the highways and gates to prevent them from spawning in inappropriate places.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Fri, 10. May 24, 09:15

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 03:32
Omni-Orb wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 15:31
It doesnt change with seed
The field seed, set in the XML data files of X4, should influence where large asteroids spawn as it controls the noise function used for their placement. This is not the initial universe seed and should not vary with time.

It might be the case that some sort of asteroid excluder is needed around/between the highways and gates to prevent them from spawning in inappropriate places.
I think I understand what you are saying, cause it wasn't like that in earlier patches as far as I remember (However I could be wrong). For example i noticed the minefields location in Faulty Logic also changed at some point in some patch. And what you are saying is that the asteroid seed can change again in some other patch.

I do agree we need that asteroid excluder field Infront of gates.

Hopefully we get crash damage back again if enough collision bugs get fixed. I still imagine crashing into ships should be a viable combat strategy for destruction, both for oneself and others.
Credence follow stars.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”