What config file/registry key stores the enabled/disabled mod list and settings?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mr_Blastman
x4

What config file/registry key stores the enabled/disabled mod list and settings?

Post by Mr_Blastman » Mon, 6. May 24, 22:47

So I'm trying to figure out which file I need to back up that the game reads to know what mods are turned on and off. Which one or where is this?

I know the file is not in the main game install directory, nor is it is the documents/egosoft/x4 folder tree, either...

I'd like an easy way to swap between modded/unmodded/star wars interworlds. I have 30 - 40 mods enabled at a given time, so this is quite the task to keep track of, doing so manually.

sprIder
x4

Re: What config file/registry key stores the enabled/disabled mod list and settings?

Post by sprIder » Wed, 8. May 24, 11:14

The file has the name "content.xml" and IS stored in Documents\Egosoft\X4\ (playing with X4_nonsteam.exe), respectively Documents\Egosoft\X4\your Steam id\ (playing with Steam).
The unattractive thing about it: it only contains the mod ids. This means that all workshop mods are listed with their ws_* id. But that shouldn't bother you if you just exchange the file.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”