Automated Mining Ships

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SirDeity12

Automated Mining Ships

Post by SirDeity12 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 02:51

I purchase a mercury transporter ship for mining. It filled its inventory with 4,900 units of silicon but it doesn't seem to sell automatically. Is there a way to make the automated miners sell their stuff automatically once their cargo is full? Or do I need to manually tell him where to go everytime?

SirDeity12

Re: Automated Mining Ships

Post by SirDeity12 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 03:00

The ship is actually a drill vanguard. Are these not considered mining ships?

Ganen
x4

Re: Automated Mining Ships

Post by Ganen » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 03:39

SirDeity12 wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 03:00
The ship is actually a drill vanguard. Are these not considered mining ships?
yes, the command for full automation for independent mining + selling is "auto mining" in the behavior tab of the ship's information panel and it works differently from trading, when you use it, the ships sets the sector it's currently in as a "home" point of origin kind of thing, you can set how many jumps away he goes for mining tho.
traders on the other hand look for the best prices to buy and then to sell using the Trade - galaxy (for all your visible sectors - satellite Dependant) or sector restricted which reduces travel times, make sure you fly them to a sector that has alot of commodity demand but little transportations within sector factories, same principle for miners, only you just fly them to sectors with high gas or ores demands from factories and nearby resources to supply them (my advice 3 jumps away or less)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”