Can't complete 'A Small Errand' mission

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Twango
x4

Can't complete 'A Small Errand' mission

Post by Twango » Sun, 7. Jun 20, 18:48

Any help would be appreciated...
I began this mission a while back - this is a four-part mission: I completed the first three parts and then shelved it.
Now I want to finish it - part 4 is 'Collect: Holy Order Cipher' - however when I set it to active, there is no guidance to the objective and no helpful description in the briefing...
Googled extensively with no luck - can anyone tell me what I am supposed to do next?
Thanks!

Rastuasi
x4

Re: Can't complete 'A Small Errand' mission

Post by Rastuasi » Sun, 7. Jun 20, 20:29

I dunno if it's always the same, but essentially it's an item that drops from the wreck of a capital ship. For me, it was in the second deep xenon sector (the one with mines) next to HoP. Originally I tried docking to the capital, twice, it blew up, killing me too. So next time I was just going to see what it does and fly through gate of need be. That's when I saw it explode and the game suddenly said I have the item.

Twango
x4

Post by Twango » Sun, 7. Jun 20, 21:54

Thanks Rastuasi - I'm guessing that the sector you are referring to is Faulty Logic VII.
In my game the HOP have taken that over from the Xenon long ago!
There was an abandoned Destroyer there (Odysseus), but I claimed that for myself :) - does that mean that the mission is broken now and will never complete?
The game won't let me abort it...

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 00:33

No it has nothing to do with the abandoned one, that's just one of the static ones. You'll have to go looking around the gate for loot crates. I had the loot magnet mod installed, so it just auto added to my bay.

Kintanar
x4

Post by Kintanar » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 05:20

If I remember correctly (dont belive me to much pls,....) there is a mission were you need to dock to the Odysseus, in the dialog you are told that you could dock in your space suit, but i docked with my ship, get down your ship and on foot look around for a small box behind one of the fences around the transporter room, or look around any corner in the docking area, is a small box in the floor. I remember that there are two mission like this and you found the object in the docking area of a capital ship, i found one behind a fence as i said, and the other one in the far left corner of the docking area. I dont know if one of this is your mission. Good luck.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 13:36

Kintanar wrote:
Mon, 8. Jun 20, 05:20
If I remember correctly (dont belive me to much pls,....) there is a mission were you need to dock to the Odysseus, in the dialog you are told that you could dock in your space suit, but i docked with my ship, get down your ship and on foot look around for a small box behind one of the fences around the transporter room, or look around any corner in the docking area, is a small box in the floor. I remember that there are two mission like this and you found the object in the docking area of a capital ship, i found one behind a fence as i said, and the other one in the far left corner of the docking area. I dont know if one of this is your mission. Good luck.
That's later, looking for the toolbox, he's still looking for the cipher which is before that and a certain area of searching.

Twango
x4

Post by Twango » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 16:03

Thanks for all the help!
I'll check it out today and see if I can find that wrecked ship in Faulty Logic...
I'm worried by the fact that there's no yellow mission guidance lines or exclamation mark showing up when I activate the mission - hopefully it's not bugged out...

Admiral A-F
x4

Post by Admiral A-F » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 17:43

I got the the same issue. The Ship to dock on is gone and the guide do not show other than the quest name

Twango
x4

Post by Twango » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 18:15

yeah, I'm not finding anything other than lots of mine damage in Faulty Logic VII :(
Seems like maybe this quest bugs out when the HOP take over.
I've tried verifying the game files on Steam, but that hasn't helped...

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 19:03

Might be worthwhile to post a bug report so that they can see what's up.

Twango
x4

Post by Twango » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 19:21

I could do that, but I'm running a few mods, so I'm not sure whether that would affect how seriously they'll take it?

Kintanar
x4

Post by Kintanar » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 23:43

Twango wrote:
Mon, 8. Jun 20, 18:15
yeah, I'm not finding anything other than lots of mine damage in Faulty Logic VII :(
Seems like maybe this quest bugs out when the HOP take over.
I've tried verifying the game files on Steam, but that hasn't helped...
When i did the missions, HoP already controlled the entire sector of Faulty Logic, Atiya's Misfortune and Frontier Edge, and my missions worked well, so they are not the culprit.

Twango
x4

Post by Twango » Tue, 9. Jun 20, 00:00

Thanks for clarifying that, Kintanar,
Maybe it is the mods I'm using - though I try to use only 'low-impact' mods...
Where exactly did you find the ship? maybe I'll go take another look.
Really appreciate all the advice!

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 11:27

If you can't find the ship, drop a save and I'll check whether it still exists at all.

Admiral A-F
x4

Post by Admiral A-F » Sun, 14. Jun 20, 10:46

Gimbutz wrote:
Wed, 10. Jun 20, 11:27
If you can't find the ship, drop a save and I'll check whether it still exists at all.
I have send you The link to the File 3 days ago.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Can't complete 'A Small Errand' mission - Fix in a future build.

Post by Gimbutz » Wed, 17. Jun 20, 21:24

Thanks a bunch. At some point, when you unknowingly entered the target sector with the mission inactive, the ship started moving towards HOP territory and disappeared a while after arriving. This will be fixed in an upcoming release.

Admiral A-F
x4

Post by Admiral A-F » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 20:54

Good to know my save could be put to good use to find the bug. I will then continue with my 278 part of the Game all gameplay from the beginning of my empire till now :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Z1hkY ... Q8hzY_W1Ls

PhilRae
x2

Post by PhilRae » Wed, 16. Aug 23, 16:53

I managed to get the Holy Order Cipher. After landing on the Odysseus, you have to go to the corner of one of the fences on the trail and use 'c', 'spacebar' and 'w' to advance over the fence. Do the same to get over the fence next to the cipher, then when next to it press 'c' and whilst pointing at the cipher you should see 'take'... so take it.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 16. Aug 23, 22:01

OK, but this is a thread from 3 years and many game versions ago.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”