[6.0 Beta 2] Defense drones catapulting out of station

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

HonorDragon

[6.0 Beta 2] Defense drones catapulting out of station

Post by HonorDragon » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 00:03

Hi after testing the 6.0 Beta a bit I have noticed that the xenon defense drones get catapulted ~30km away from the station, my first idea was that the drones might spawn inside the geometry and the new engine tries apply force to move the drones outside which catapults drone across half the system.
If neccessary I can probably reproduce it, since every Xenon station reacted this way.
If the attachment works you can see the long line of defense drones trying to get back before the station is destroyed.
Attachments
20230130000926_1.jpg

XenoXenoson
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 2] Xenon defense drones catapulting out of station

Post by XenoXenoson » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 03:27

As a rule of thumb, post a save when you're reporting a bug. It's almost impossible for devs to look at a screenshot alone and figure out what the problem is.

That being said, I've run into a similar situation here fighting two VIG defense stations in Windfall IV. Defense Drones appear to shoot from one station to another and kind of ping pong back and forth for awhile at incredible speeds. Here's a save and a screenshot of one of them going 11.5 km/s. To replicate, just load up the save and wait there for awhile looking at the map. Soon enough you'll run into some drones being spat out at a good fraction of the speed of light.
Untitled.jpg
Save : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao-Dmai33_tmgetCp0w ... g?e=b3pl4d

olol3d
x4

[6.0 Beta 3] Drone catapulted with incredible speed north

Post by olol3d » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 21:10

Moin,k

budgeted game, with a defence station in "Letzte Grenze"/last frontier? faced to the gate to the xenon sector.
When xenon attack the stations defence drones were catapultet way north of the station with incredible speed.

this happend, as i remeber, after i extended the station via construction editor. The station was way out of the building area. So the only way to add modules to the station was enlarging the box(bild area) to include the station again within the
build area.(old save is gone, hope the blueprint helps)

Maybe the coordinates of the station are misscalculated after altering the station(build area)

Save and construction blueprint in the links

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZcgQjW ... sp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vajUdL ... sp=sharing

custom gamestart with the uneditet station

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12y0yZV ... sp=sharing

Regards
Oli

RoverTX
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 2] Defense drones catapulting out of station

Post by RoverTX » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 23:02

Could this be related to the issue I posted where sometimes loading into a spacesuit causes the spacesuit to get flung across the map?

viewtopic.php?f=192&t=451562&p=5158697#p5158697
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Thu, 9. Feb 23, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edits to typos for clarity.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 01:46

I have only got a me too post (previous save does not repro the issue, and current save is beyond the issue happenng)

I witnessed a Paranid Defence Platform in Pious Msts IV doing the same.
As the OP says defence drones were being slingshot out of the station to the south east at incredible speed, not just the amount of defence drones, but the speed at which they traversed from the station to where they needed to be.

I think this may be a more common occurrence than just Xenon defence drones.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 05:52

Me too! I've seen this in my 6.0 games!

(just to annoy CBJ!)

Pejot
x4

Post by Pejot » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 09:35

The issue is still present in beta 3. Drones are catapulted from station. It also affects some s ships that get catapulted when undocking. Especially traders undocking from wharf.
"Never listen to what people say. Just watch what they do."

Chrisjen Avasarala

ajmind66
x4

Post by ajmind66 » Sat, 11. Feb 23, 18:45

I (Syn1) am attacking a Xenon Power Plant and have advised Syn2 and Syn3 to attack the station as well.

When the first syn approaches and starts attacking the station, defense drones will pull out (in waves) in a line far away from the power plant.

Save just before Syn2 attacks:

https://jantz-net.de/mydata148/index.ph ... j4HcFm67D9

Archlinux, no mods, custom boot before 5.x
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Powercolor Fighter RX6800

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”