[7.0 Beta 4] Feedback: Ships catching speeding targets, improved, but...

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Scoob
x4

[7.0 Beta 4] Feedback: Ships catching speeding targets, improved, but...

Post by Scoob » Fri, 3. May 24, 20:03

Hi,

Ships catching up with a target that's subsequently engaged its Travel Drive after the attack order was given, has traditionally been quite bad. I.e. They'd fly to where the target was at the time they first tried to engage, stop, speed up again and fly to where the target was again. Repeat until target stops. I'm please to say that this does seem to have been improved slightly, but there is a huge In Sector / Out of Sector discrepancy:

In Sector: the ship or ships, if they're fast enough, catch up with their target and begin shooting once in firing range. Target gets hit, travel mode is disrupted and the fight is fully engaged. Great.

Out of Sector: Things initially play out the same, with the chasing ships catching the target, however, they then don't fire so the target ship never exits travel mode but the attacking ships DO. Result, target gets away.

I just watched this play out OOS. I could see my small group of ships, set to attack a Pirate, had caught up with it just fine, but I did not see the "wobble" from the target ship, showing it'd come under fire. The ships that should have opened fire, exited travel mode and got left behind. However, some were still heading in. I switched to Live Stream view which instantly saw the target being hit.

Ships were certainly close enough OOS, but they never landed a hit on the target. Switch to a Live view, and target is instantly under fire. No save, but if I encounter a similar issue again, I will be sure to upload one. Anyone else noticing this, feel free of course to add your own save, if you're able to nab one before I do.

Note: In my case the lead ship - a Cerberus Frigate - was set to attack the Pirate. However, it was several of that ship's "Intercept" Fighter subordinates that caught up to it first. OOS, they don't shoot, IS they shoot and disrupt the target's travel drive.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”