Possible to order a hard-copy manual?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lord_daeloth
x3tc

Possible to order a hard-copy manual?

Post by lord_daeloth » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 16:14

Hey all. I have been trying to get into and love X3R and X3TC. Unfortunately I have the Steam copies of said games, which obviously doesn't come with a physical manual. For such a complex game, this makes things difficult, especially when I need to look something up in the middle of a game. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where I could get my hands on a hard-copy of the manual without rebuying the game(s) :)

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 16:40

You're probably better off taking the PDF to your local printout store and let them make a nice printout for you. Its not really expensive either, probably cheaper than getting the original manual :)

lord_daeloth
x3tc

Post by lord_daeloth » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 16:48

Thanks, you're probably right. Thing is I live in a small town and I'm not too familiar with the city so I was hoping I'd have other options. I'll definitely look into that though. Anybody have any thought on The UPS store printing? Obviously it'll be different from area to area, but its the one place I know how to get to, heh.

gregs4163
x4

Post by gregs4163 » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 17:40

Staples printed & bound it for me for $10 you would probably pay close to that just for shipping let alone the price of the manual too!

Ozman202
x3tc

Post by Ozman202 » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 20:51

Too be honest alot of the information in the X3:R and X3:TC manuals appear to have been printed before the games were finished as most contain information on things no longer in the game. my advice would be to just check threads here for any info you need
Too many M3's Die by crashing into their own missiles

wolverine005
x3

Post by wolverine005 » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 20:53

Ozman202 wrote:Too be honest alot of the information in the X3:R and X3:TC manuals appear to have been printed before the games were finished as most contain information on things no longer in the game. my advice would be to just check threads here for any info you need
Very true. I find the manuals fairly useless. The only time I found myself looking at my X3:R manual was when I wanted to know what my next Fighting Rank was.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 01:22

While the X3R manual was generally regarded as less than useful, the X3TC manual I've found to be quite useful and informative. There may be a few slight differences between what it says and what's in the game, but for the most part, if you've never played an X game before, you need this manual. 8)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 02:32

the manual is on, as said, the disc if you brought one. I won't suggest that you contact someone with a disc over the internet and ask them to e-mail you their pdf copy of the manual. That might be wrong in some peoples eyes.

lord_daeloth
x3tc

Post by lord_daeloth » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 15:52

@-Villain-:
Yes, I have the soft copy of the manual, that's not the problem. Its just that I can't read it while playing the game. Also, I like to take my game manuals with me to work and read them during break, lets me really learn the information.

And yeah, I've noticed there are some discrepancies in the manual, but lets face it, X is pretty complex and I'm just getting into it, so any little bit helps. Thanks guys, I'm just going to get it printed.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”