Picking up where I left off

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spudsman
x3tc

Picking up where I left off

Post by spudsman » Sat, 21. Aug 10, 23:32

Just found my old X2 savegames from my first playthrough on a CD-R of old savegames. The saves covered the time around the end of the storyline including the last mission; great joy! Unfortunately, I'll have to restructure the work done by old-me. Old-me had an SPP outside of a loop (unprofitable) and bought defensive fighters (might as well just eject my credits from the cargo bay) for stations. If only it weren't for those time-travel paradoxes...

Does anyone else go back to their old savegames and wonder what were they thinking?

amtct
x3ap

Re: Picking up where I left off

Post by amtct » Sat, 21. Aug 10, 23:40

spudsman wrote:Does anyone else go back to their old savegames and wonder what were they thinking?
Me.That's why I have an agenda next to my PC .I usually forget what I do and I need full description for everything.My last saved game has 6 pages...yes ,my alzheimer is that bad :lol:

aladonahill
x3tc

Post by aladonahill » Sat, 21. Aug 10, 23:44

Yep.

Once built a huge complex just to make ammo for a particular ship that, at the time, I was fond of flying. Then I switched ships. Did recover most of my investment very slowly over time by selling to others, but still....

Oof.

cheezy379
x3tc

Post by cheezy379 » Sun, 22. Aug 10, 00:43

I have a similar problem, I stop playing for months at a time and when I go back I have no idea what im doing. I also play the game when under the influence, I offen wake up to find my fleet has compleatly changed. I to often write notes for the game.

The other day I found 2 TLs loaded to the brim with PPC's and HEPT's with an akuma patroling the sector, I was chuffed, no idea where they came from.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 22. Aug 10, 01:15

That's one advantage of the X3 Save Game Manager for TC.

You can write notes attached to the game saves.

Wish I had it to start,but is proving useful,now I have many TC games running......

1 My original Main game...every main plot completed,so far and been playing since version 2.0

2 My Story game...The trader's guide or adventure of Norman Fiesty,as found in Creative forum.

3 Terran start...trying to unlock USC Commander.

4 SMP game....Single game Multi-Player X3 TC.

Plus a save for each of the ANH sectors

Plus trying to get a little done in each start,and unlock all other starts.

These would be a headache to keep track of ,if I could not attach notes.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”