Gentlemen, BEHOLD!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ash_kcs
x3tc

Gentlemen, BEHOLD!

Post by ash_kcs » Tue, 15. Feb 11, 17:23

Tha Deth Staw 3: Bigger, Better, BADDER!

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l63 ... 000061.jpg

{Behold! Oversize image replaced by link. Please review the forum's image posting rules before doing so again. - Nanook}

Unfortunately it is not complete, and probably never will be, if I go in system anymore for more than a few minutes X3 crashes lol, It took me a couple tries to get the screen shot lol

Now my loading times between sectors is ~45 seconds of black screen, and ~1min8sec to actually go in Ringo Moon lol, looks like the super-mega-plex was not the best idea, doubt I'll be able to play this save much anymore lol
"He said you drink when you're lonely, no I drink when I want, he said you'll never be sober, sure why would I want that? I only drink to be merry, but unfortunately, I'm in the wrong prison cell and the wrong company"

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Tue, 15. Feb 11, 17:28

What does it build?

Do you send freighters in remotely to get stuff?

Have you tried facing away from the plex if you ever have to go there?

ash_kcs
x3tc

Post by ash_kcs » Tue, 15. Feb 11, 17:59

No it doesn't matter what I do, if I stay too long in sector X3 quits working lol, products are:

10x PPC forges
10x 2g shields
5x 1g shields
10x hepts
10x isrg
10x pbe
5x prg
5x pac
3x ire
10x faa
2x 1mj shield
5x 25mj shield
4x 200mj shield
8x silkworm missle
25x teladianium L
100+ Cahoona bakeries with cattle ranches, too many to count here lol
assorted:
Stott Spices
Scruffin fruit
nostrop oil
bofu
rastar oil
related bios required for the above^
majaglit
nav sats
adv sats
~50 crystal fab Ls
100 chip plants
10 computer component
6 fighter drone fabs
and i think thats about it, all self sufficient except for ore and silicone brought in by 5 ore/silicone 'plexes and 16 SPP XLs in Akeela's to power everything

unfortunately it wasn't finished :evil: still had boron weapon fabs to add, hundreds of missle factories, i had forgotten to build quatum tube fabs as well.../sigh
"He said you drink when you're lonely, no I drink when I want, he said you'll never be sober, sure why would I want that? I only drink to be merry, but unfortunately, I'm in the wrong prison cell and the wrong company"

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Tue, 15. Feb 11, 18:01

Just got two words to say to cure that mess.

Complex Cleaner. :wink:

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Tue, 15. Feb 11, 18:16

If you're willing to go "Modified", look into the "Factory Complex Constructor"(IIRC) script. It allows OOS Complex Building amongst other things.

ash_kcs
x3tc

Post by ash_kcs » Tue, 15. Feb 11, 18:22

Noop, unfortunately this is my vanilla save lol!

sjones25
x3tc

Post by sjones25 » Tue, 15. Feb 11, 18:29

Well done anyway! That is very, very impressive.

Are you using the tubeless mod? If not, that can speed the sector up considerably and doesn't mark your game as modified.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Tue, 15. Feb 11, 18:34

Yeah really unless you are trying to proove a point, such monsters arent really worth it. Hence vanilla.
Tho i would say that was your vanilla game, not is. Lol xD

Incidentally the FCC script allows you to drop stations OOS but not CCKs. Usually the worst bit for lag...

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Tue, 15. Feb 11, 18:43

Nice maze you got there. :D

I'm curious. What are your system specs that X3 is shutting down on you?

ash_kcs
x3tc

Post by ash_kcs » Tue, 15. Feb 11, 19:09

Yeah I have since started construction on a support complex to fill in the gaps in another sector, but the more i think about it the more i'm thinking i'm just gonna abandon this save, 45 seconds is just wayyy too long of a wait to transition between sectors lol

And my system isn't anything super-great, but its not too bad either(or was) lol
Its an Alienware Aurora 5600 i think...
AMD DC 5400+
6 gigs of memory tho since I only have the 32bit windows it only displays 3 gigs
and an Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 which i believe has the 1gb of mem on it...not sure, my original vid card failed on me last spring so alienware sent me this new one

And yeah I definatly have the tube-less mod, thank god for that lol there's no way i would've gotten close without it lol

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 15. Feb 11, 22:29

I'm guessing you either scripted in some asteroids or you have a whole load of support freighters supplying that, as Ringo Moon only has 1 silicon and 1 ore :D

spudsman
x3tc

Post by spudsman » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 01:08

Disturbed and wowed simultaneously, well done.

ash_kcs
x3tc

Post by ash_kcs » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 04:54

Lol ty ty, I just love building things in this game, sometimes I can't stop

And yes ore and silicone are both provided from seperate "support complexes", one in antigone memorial, one in ore belt, and I went to Savage Spur and tapped every silicone 'roid in the sector and about 50% of the ore ones and just made a giant complex out of the sector, and believe it or not just two MistralSFs per complex were all that were needed to supply the silicone/ore, gotta love that CLS :D

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 05:34

Nice job if that is vanilla.

Very time consuming..
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou

Post by Iseeyouseemeseeyou » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 05:48

I await the domino destruction..

Chemical-mix
x3tc

Post by Chemical-mix » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 13:23

Wow. Absolute insanity. I like it.

Are all the stations on the same ecliptic plane? And where is the complex hub? I wouldn't like to be on the wrong side of that monster and trying to navigate to the dock!
"I came, I saw, I crumbled"

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 14:00

HOLY SHI-er....moly :o

ash_kcs
x3tc

Post by ash_kcs » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 15:56

Chemical-mix wrote:Wow. Absolute insanity. I like it.

Are all the stations on the same ecliptic plane? And where is the complex hub? I wouldn't like to be on the wrong side of that monster and trying to navigate to the dock!
Lol lemme see if i can answer this without sounding like a complete idiot lol, when I build my complexes I build them on "level", so when u look at the map each little station on the map is actually ~4 stations stacked on top of each other for I did not want to get so far away from my Hub that i'd have to build many seperate "connecter hubs" to get everything hooked up lol.

And the complex itself is built on the same Y axis as the East gate, and is positioned right to the east(behind) of the gate. The docking hub is on the same X axis of the gate while just a bit north and higher on the Y axis from the gate lol.

lol dear god I'm a nerd :shock:

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 16:23

:lol:
Ive got a question. Im not able to connect more than 2 stations using complex construction kit in X3 R. And, i can connect only 1 station to my hub at a time. Why is it so?

Sieg06660
x3tc

Post by Sieg06660 » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 16:43

There are some Mods that keep the game vanila while decently improving the game like tubless mod that make complex's tubeless thus increasing the framerate lowering the lag and better loading times another is complex thingy that allows TL's to doc at complexes i think these woul make that complex workable again will post later with links

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”