X3TC / X3AP Patch 2015

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Thu, 30. Apr 15, 07:57

eliseeff wrote:...snipped (quoted ThommoHawk)...
Valhalla would be In vanilla TC there is NO prohibition of jumping to the gate to Valhalla. Even in the AP this limitation wasn't present in the game initially, but added in one of the patches. The reason is simple - Valhalla is not crawls through the gate. She is too fate. But if you'll do it OOZ - no problem.
^ I play TC in vanilla, there's no Valhalla in the vanilla game so I would not know. So if I understand correctly what you are saying is; if a Valhalla capability is added to TC shipyard then OOS jump to other sectors could be made?
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Grape
x3ap

Post by Grape » Thu, 30. Apr 15, 08:12

ThommoHawk wrote:
eliseeff wrote:...snipped (quoted ThommoHawk)...
Valhalla would be In vanilla TC there is NO prohibition of jumping to the gate to Valhalla. Even in the AP this limitation wasn't present in the game initially, but added in one of the patches. The reason is simple - Valhalla is not crawls through the gate. She is too fate. But if you'll do it OOZ - no problem.
^ I play TC in vanilla, there's no Valhalla in the vanilla game so I would not know. So if I understand correctly what you are saying is; if a Valhalla capability is added to TC shipyard then OOS jump to other sectors could be made?
I Use the Debris Utilize/Repair mod which allows you to fix up Ship Wrecks and Old destroyed stations such as you find in Presidents End [TC]. Repaired a Valhalla and have no problems jumping it about with a normal Jump Drive.

eliseeff
x4

Post by eliseeff » Thu, 30. Apr 15, 12:46

ThommoHawk wrote:So if I understand correctly what you are saying is; if a Valhalla capability is added to TC shipyard then OOS jump to other sectors could be made?
Yes.

But anyway there is no possible to build this ship in TC, because the necessary resources are not fit in HQ storage.

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Thu, 30. Apr 15, 13:38

eliseeff wrote:
ThommoHawk wrote:So if I understand correctly what you are saying is; if a Valhalla capability is added to TC shipyard then OOS jump to other sectors could be made?
Yes.

But anyway there is no possible to build this ship in TC, because the necessary resources are not fit in HQ storage.
no but there could be a quest to let you buy it.
Peace thru Superior Corporate Management... and 47 fully loaded Valhallas.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Thu, 30. Apr 15, 16:59

As nice as it would be, I see adding the Valhalla as a losing proposition. If you can buy one, then you can only move it by jumping it when you're out of sector, since it won't fit through the gates. If you decide to build more, your player HQ won't hold the resources.

I see the first issue as a deal-breaker, since you can't fly it yourself unless you intend to remain in the same sector, and if you can only use it OOS, then what's the point in having it

I do see a point in allowing the player to eventually buy/build large stations that can dock capital ships, such as your own Military Base.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 30. Apr 15, 18:56

TC manual, page 53:
Steel wrote:If two ships are enough to do the job, bring 10.

nifker

Post by nifker » Thu, 30. Apr 15, 23:19

I would like to see a perfomance update for GNU/Linux because it just drops frames sometimes.

eliseeff
x4

Post by eliseeff » Fri, 1. May 15, 00:01

Graaf wrote:
TC manual, page 53:
Steel wrote:If two ships are enough to do the job, bring 10.
So what?

If you have nothing to say on the merits, it is better to stop this loose talk.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 1. May 15, 10:01

I would also appreciate a fix for the navigational problems in the Terran sector Aldrin: The autopilot is useless in sector because it can't dock on stations, it wobbles helplessly around them. The command "scan all asteroids in sector" scans just some asteroids before it claims to be finished, but there are clearly more unexplored asteroids in there. If I restart it, it scans some more, but never all of them.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 1. May 15, 13:52

I think it would be nice to add some Ion torpedoes or missiles.... They can disable weapons, shields and stop ships from moving for a short amount of time. But this would only work when shields are down. This would actually help board ships and i don't want my marines destroyed by weapons or watch them trying to keep up in their slow spacesuits.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

WLAN

Post by WLAN » Sat, 2. May 15, 11:12

Would mostly like to see improved combat AI.

That mostly means that AI should use strafing. Even just a very simple random system would make fighter vs fighter combat alot more challanging (you should be able to turn that off in case you are new though). Could be based on the combat experience of the AI pilot (I think something like this is already implemented, but I have yet to notice wether it does anything)

Also, its just silly when a lone M5 attacks an M2+ because it got attacked by it. Faster ships should make a run for it, instead of fighting something more than one size-class bigger (realy, just basing it on size-class and number of ships would help alot here)

What might be a bit more difficult to implement would be that the AI doesnt stick to those strafing runs all the time. Instead, they should sometimes just park themselves (or fly very slow) near the enemy (if possible behind) and open fire.
That definitly needs to be implemented when they attack stations. Maybe they shouldnt stand still here, but they certainly shouldnt fly at the station at max speed, only to crash.
Other situation is when they are slower than the enemy, but have bigger firepower. If an M4 flies circles around an M3, the M3 shouldnt try to gather the distance for an attack run, but should try and point its guns at the M4.

o7, good to hear X³ will be improved.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Mon, 4. May 15, 18:07

This thread is now 2-months old. Any idea what the plan is? Will there be patches at all?
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Mon, 4. May 15, 19:35

Yes, after 2 months, I believe the general consensus is clear: we want everything.

rrfarmer
x4

Post by rrfarmer » Mon, 4. May 15, 23:18

I just want x4.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Tue, 5. May 15, 19:48

Fixing the ridiculously over-huge collision boxes and 58-mile long at super-slow speed landing approaches down to something of a sensible scale in Terran Space would actually be my number one request for me.

Those collision boxes wreck havoc on auto-pilot, and remove the capacity to give orders to ANY other ship in sector.

It is SO frustrating, i simply dread flying, or having to do anything, in Terran Space.

krait_daoc
x3tc

Post by krait_daoc » Wed, 6. May 15, 15:42

Hemmingfish wrote: - Add Pandora Crates to Terran Conflict. They're in AP, they're in Reunion but they're not in TC.
I'll second that - and also that they be added to the UFJD sectors (the same as with AP), along with small chances to get rare ships or weapons.
UFJD sectors are very under-used in both AP and TC
:)

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Wed, 6. May 15, 16:37

WLAN wrote:Also, its just silly when a lone M5 attacks an M2+ because it got attacked by it. Faster ships should make a run for it, instead of fighting something more than one size-class bigger (realy, just basing it on size-class and number of ships would help alot here)

What might be a bit more difficult to implement would be that the AI doesnt stick to those strafing runs all the time. Instead, they should sometimes just park themselves (or fly very slow) near the enemy (if possible behind) and open fire.
I wouldn't want to see an M4 "park" to fire at an M3, or any ship stop to shoot at one of the same class or higher, or even do so while fighting a smaller ship while a larger threat is nearby. Doing so in a fight against a smaller ship ONLY, on the other hand, is often a valid tactic.

Capital ships should probably continue on course or halt while engaging fighters, rather than turning to attack them. Against other capital ships, facing probably should depend on gun placement. If your ship is designed to deliver a broadside, you don't "chase" the target. If it's all mounted frontally, then obviously facing an enemy capital ship is the preferred tactic.

If you're two classes down from the target, you really should consider the wisdom of attacking at all, unless you're supporting an attack by a larger ship, or controlled by an AI or insect with no sense of self-preservation (Kha'ak or Xenon). A Pirate or Yaki group with an M3, an M4, and a pair of M5s might attack an M6, but if the M3 gets slagged, the M4 should really consider being somewhere else, and the M5s won't stick around once the M4 bugs out.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Wed, 6. May 15, 18:32

Improving AI is for sure out of question. The OP made it very clear there would only be small touching up of the games, nothing big and complex.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Thu, 7. May 15, 15:02

I would say just do what we've gotten in the previous patches. A new plot or two, maybe a new ship, and something special like the hub, phq, own sector, etc. I'd also like to see the split pteranodon have more weapon choices.

Chunkylad
x4

Post by Chunkylad » Thu, 7. May 15, 18:18

I am sure this has already been mentioned, but I would like to see something more to do with the unfocused jump drive. Some ideas I had were instead of just Xenon floating around, why not add in some abandoned ships (including additional kha'ak ships), active kha'ak or factionless bandits/pirates, and a little more motivation for bringing boarding parties along. :)

Another big addition I would like to see is the player HQ (both the corporate and shipyard) have much larger storage values. I have been wanting to replicate a few M2+, but can't since they require over the 500k limit worth of resources. Another workaround to this could be to add partial construction that uses the parts available so more may be added to continue construction.

I have been looking for an excuse to put more hours into my 500 hour save, Egosoft, you have given me that! Thanks guys!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”