X3TC / X3AP Patch 2015

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Fri, 25. Dec 15, 13:56

I don't know what game you're playing but in my X3AP Universe the Megalodon and I already have 12GJ of shields and the Valhalla/Kyoto have 14GJ
Sorry that was a typo on my part just to clarify, what I meant was that the current shielding that they have would be doubled

So the Xenon I and Megalodon which currently have 6 x 2 GJ Shield would get doubled to 12, the Terran Kyoto and Valhalla which currently have 7 x 2 GJ Shield which would get doubled to 14

And the Pteranodon which currently has 5 x 2 GJ Shield would get 6 x 2 GJ which is only half what the m2+ ships get so to compensate its speed and manoeuvrability would be doubled it would be given a proper selection of weapons equal to other cap ships because its underpowered either that or it would be getting a hell of a lot more turrets because PALCs are weak by comparison to PPCs and for PALCs to even come close to equalling the fire power of even a standard cap ship then you need at least 2 or 3 times as many which is why I say the Pteranodon is underpowered the Pteranodon is not a cap ship much less a super cap ship its an over sized frigate.

Yes I understand that whole instant hit / near perfect accuracy aspect of PALCs make them do far more damage in reality then on on paper which makes them a bit more difficult to balance against other projectile based weapons but that still doesn't change the fact the the Pteranodon has only a fraction of the fire power of even a standard capital ship which needs fixing.
if they're "super cap ships" why have a smaller model?
Why not? There is nothing to say that super cap ships have to be bigger if anything it actually makes more sense to make them smaller and the reason it makes sense to make then smaller is

a.) The fire power is more tightly packed eliminating blind spots.

b.) If there smaller there harder to hit.

c.) If there smaller they are also lighter and therefore faster and more manoeuvrable.

d.) Most importantly of all smaller ships are easer to fly, have a much smaller turning circle and are therefore much less likely to run things over, collide with the target you are attacking or collide with the gate.

Collisions are a frequent problem I encounter when piloting bigger ships, part of the reason for this is because the range finder is taken from the centre of the ship instead of the front making it difficult to judge distance and the view from the cockpit of a lot of these bigger ships is also deceptive again making it tough to judge distance while the range finder might indicate that you and 1.5km away from the target that is in fact false because the distance from the bridge to the front of the ship particularly on capital ships can be as much as 2km or more combined with the inability of capital ships to manoeuvre due to there manoeuvrability being set so low this makes it incredibly easy to collide with things realistically there is no reason for any cap ship to be much bigger then the Boreas

Don’t get me wrong I understand the whole super cap ships should be bigger mentality but that is completely foolish and never works because ultimately there is a finite limit to how big you can make things before they become completely impractical and the Valhalla is a prime example of this while this ship should be just about untouchable I can have one off in a nova and if the ship is going to be that big and slow its needs way more shields and fire power then it has currently

Hell the Valhalla is the second easiest capital ship in the game to have off after the Pteranodon you don’t even need your own capital ship to do it can do it in a nova and the reason its so easy to take down is because its got blind spots big enough to park a frigate and the Pteranodon is just as bad because it has only left and right turrets you can just park under its belly and have the ship off.

by the looks of things m2+ ships where never tested properly before being implemented and as a consequence now they need some proper testing and some fixes applied to correct issue that should have been picked up before they where put into the game like for example turret placement bugs, blind spots, collision issues, issues of being underpowered, issues of being to big and not having even close to enough shields/fire-power to compensate.

I trust that answers your question.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sat, 26. Dec 15, 09:27

Cursed Ghost wrote:I trust that answers your question.
Kind of. My response is that if there's another ship that does a particular thing better then use that ship instead, the Pteranodon is unique for the abilities I mentioned before and this could be considered balanced by limiting its weapon loadout. If a Boreas is better for the job at hand use a Boreas - different tools for different jobs. The game would be incredibly boring if one ship could do everything or even most things.

A discussion of the merits of ship capability "balancing" probably belongs in another thread and I'll happily contribute to that if started, however, the challenge in this topic IMHO is that even if there could be ship changes that go beyond true bug fixes it's up to us (the players) to provide some compelling reasoning that considers all aspects of gameplay for the changes and accept that there may be a balancing nerf somewhere else.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 27. Dec 15, 05:41

MarvinTheMartian wrote:
Cursed Ghost wrote:I trust that answers your question.
Kind of. My response is that if there's another ship that does a particular thing better then use that ship instead, the Pteranodon is unique for the abilities I mentioned before and this could be considered balanced by limiting its weapon loadout. If a Boreas is better for the job at hand use a Boreas - different tools for different jobs. The game would be incredibly boring if one ship could do everything or even most things.

A discussion of the merits of ship capability "balancing" probably belongs in another thread and I'll happily contribute to that if started, however, the challenge in this topic IMHO is that even if there could be ship changes that go beyond true bug fixes it's up to us (the players) to provide some compelling reasoning that considers all aspects of gameplay for the changes and accept that there may be a balancing nerf somewhere else.

Reading about this is actually making me want to startup X3 AP again ;)

I 100% agree with you.... Pretty much every ship have it's own strengths and weaknesses. Whatever suits your style of gameplay.... All though I mast say XRM mod did better job in balancing that ego did in my opinion... Anyway to get back to topic is there any news about this patch ????
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

{SAS}SK
x3tc

Post by {SAS}SK » Fri, 1. Jan 16, 22:22

Any news of the patch? Is it the bonus download?

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sat, 2. Jan 16, 01:54

^ no further news on the patch, just what has already been mentioned on this thread.
The 'bonus download' is not it. The bonus has been available for years and can be considered an essential feature on all of the X game/s which enable it. (make sure to match the particular X Universe game to the specific bonus available for it - version etc)
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

{SAS}SK
x3tc

Post by {SAS}SK » Sat, 2. Jan 16, 09:53

I'd love to see them add the ability for races to go to war against each other & sectors to be taken over by a different race.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Sat, 2. Jan 16, 13:51

Been away for many months. So, the patch thing is just another Egosoft lie.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

sxsx
x3tc

Post by sxsx » Sat, 2. Jan 16, 15:06

Sad to see resources continuing to be poured into the dud while the truly excellent games are left to rot.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Wed, 6. Jan 16, 08:28

Lone Jedi wrote:Been away for many months. So, the patch thing is just another Egosoft lie.
At this point they are working on new game (hopefully X4) as well as new DLC for XR.... So X3 is not on top of their priority ;)
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

extaz93

Post by extaz93 » Thu, 7. Jan 16, 21:34

Nobody from the egosoft's team has anything to tell us about this patch ?
I would prefer to know that there won't be any more patch than to wait in vain...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 7. Jan 16, 21:55

About two weeks ago, CBJ mentioned here that they still haven't decided, whether there will be a patch.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 01:16

... what a looong "decision process" !! :roll:
... about 8 months ago bernd posted here last time, i dont know whats so difficult there to decide ?
... there would be enough stuff to do / isues to fix, but just pretending to do a patch an then not even posting any news about it for months isnt really "funny" :|
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

Darkhymn
x4

Post by Darkhymn » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 08:35

If I had to choose between a patch for one of the old games or an actual new X game, I'd choose the new X game every time. A real X game with updated visuals and a streamlined interface would be a godsend, particularly after the massive disappointment that was Rebirth.
The fact that they're even considering giving us a patch for something this old is cool in my books.

WinterSnowfall

[X3TC & X3AP] Mercury Hauler & Silkworm Missile Factory model issues

Post by WinterSnowfall » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 22:22

I admit, these are old problems, but I'm still hoping they'll be fixed one day. I first noticed them about 2 years ago I think, while playing X3TC. Now I've moved on to X3AP... and they're still there.

I'm using a Nvidia graphics board, but I don't think the problem is driver-specific, though I could be wrong. If someone with an AMD/ATI or Intel card can either confirm or infirm the bugs below please do so.

A) The Mercury Hauler, Mercury Tanker, Mercury Superfreighter and pretty much every Mercury model except the standard which surprisingly looks as it should, display the following visible POV-camera square:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

B) I know station complexes are now seeded for vanilla maps, but the Silkworm Missile Factory is still available for purchase. I built one only to be greeted by space-flying crisscrossing crates when I docked:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Is anyone familiar with any of the two? Are any fixes available or will there be any fixes in the future?

I'm still hoping to see these fixed one day. X3AP & X3TC are such great games that both deserve further support if you ask me.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 9. Jan 16, 12:48

@ WinterSnowfall: The first is well-known even from and within X3R.

I don't recall the second issue being reported before.

<Two WinterSnowfall threads merged into patch thread.>
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Sat, 9. Jan 16, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Sun, 10. Jan 16, 08:42

So I continue to hope that there will be the new patch.
My wishlist:
AP only:
1. Make M7Cs finally working as mobile drone factories.
(Reunion?), TC, AP:
2. If I capture a TL which is transporting a station, its command console should be fully working.
3. An ability to switch off building cutscenes.
4. If two asteroids get stuck inside each other, there should be a way to uncouple them. A FAST way.
Last edited by UnknownObject on Sun, 10. Jan 16, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 10. Jan 16, 09:09

UnknownObject wrote: 4. If two asteroids get stuck inside each other, there should be a way to uncouple them.
Can't you put a mine on one and let it explode, then put a mine on the other and haul it away?
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 10. Jan 16, 11:56

That would be a waste. The better approach would be to break one of them, down to gravel so that it doesn't cause much collision damage, then put a mine on the other and tow it away.
You can scoop up the debris of the broken rock while you wait for it to regenerate, waste not, want not.
And, since the placement of asteroids is hardcoded, Egosoft might as well manually seperate them.

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Fri, 15. Jan 16, 06:37

extaz93 wrote:Nobody from the egosoft's team has anything to tell us about this patch ?
I would prefer to know that there won't be any more patch than to wait in vain...
At this point its clear they are working on a new game(im going to be clear on this, people want a X4), otherwise they whould have commited resources to this patch already, and thats a good thing.

The main issues with X3 cant be fixed whiout a mayor overhault, something that could only be done if at some point in the future they decide to do a "remake" of X3, the rest of the things, i think it is a common wish that we all want to see M7C finished and PHQ able to produce ships fully upgraded and equiped to reduce micro management overhead of carriers, but that and most things and be just done by launcing a new version of the bonus material making a few mods official.

Besides that, i whould like to be able to RE and produce weapons and missiles at PHQ.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Fri, 15. Jan 16, 07:39

LTerSlash wrote:Besides that, i whould like to be able to RE and produce weapons and missiles at PHQ.
I would like to be able to RE weapons and missiles, but not be able to produce the W/M itself but the corresponding W/M Factory at the PHQ.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”