Realy need some help. please dont just read and ignore.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gau Ban
x3

Realy need some help. please dont just read and ignore.

Post by Gau Ban » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 01:20

ok I have two freighters one i found and one mercury. the merc is a level 10 sec trader the other is a level 2 so far. i have a nice little discoverer ive been having lots of fun with and about 500k credits.

but ive been playing for about a week now and not realy getting very far.

i know there are other ships that can be found. cant find the thread trhat lists there locations.

and i know nothing about choosing factories and the right places to put them.

i realy need someone to tell me what sort of cheap if possible station i can buy to give my bank a jumpstart. i notice i cant afford hardly any of the good stations they all seem to be medium to xl whats with that???

could someone experienced point me in the right direction of what to do now?

i realy want to start building up i know ive made an ok start but i dont seem to be getting anywhere very quickly.

TYBRO
x3

Post by TYBRO » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 01:27

silicom mines

buy it at 600k from boron shipwrigh
Playing X3...but not yet enjoyed as X2

Gau Ban
x3

Post by Gau Ban » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 01:28

yay a reply!!!
cheers any one else got any help?

btw where can i find a nice yield silicon roid in a good area for trade/safety
Last edited by Gau Ban on Mon, 2. Jan 06, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 01:29

Get hold of the X3 sector planner and install it on your PC. This will give you an idea of what the dynamics of each sector are for products. Cant remember where, but you should find references to it in the scripts and mods forum. Someone may be nice enough to put a link in here.

Look for a sector with a negative value for a product, and this gives you a potential station location. The bigger the negative, the more the product is needed.

Before you go ahead though, check the sector to ensure that the stations are the same. Extra stations are added to the game as you go on, so you may need to adjust the sector planner to match.

Incidently, checking the barter requests in stations can give you a hint to what is needed in that general area.

Positioning wise, choose a sector you can defend or is defended by the race. Some of the more obvious places to make station money are hard to defend. Its not so much the station, but the supply ships that need defending. Also, dont position near obvious hotspots (xenon sectors for eg.) and set your station ships so they wont into those sectors. Eg. if a hotsector is 3 jumps away, you tell the ships they can only go 2 sectors.

Dont dump it in the space lanes, put it somewhere where nothing will accidently crash into it.

Best to start with a simple station, such as wheat or a raw material. The inputs are only power cells, so you only need 2 ships, one to buy power cells with and the other to sell the product you make.
Last edited by apricotslice on Mon, 2. Jan 06, 01:32, edited 1 time in total.

Kitch
x3tc

Post by Kitch » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 01:31

You can get a wheat farm. They do fairly well and are 400k odd to buy. You'll need ot hire a TL (Mammoth in Argon Prime) to ship it for you, but Argon Prime is a fine sector to drop it in.

I'd save up till you can afford to buy the station, give it 2 Mercuries of it's own (one to buy energy cells and one to sell wheat) and give it about 50k to start it off.

The sector traders will do fine on their own.

I'm assuming the one ship you found is the Toucan in Menalaus' Frontier. All the others might be tough to get to in a Discoverer if you have low race ranks. Some of the other easier ones to get can be found in:
Spoiler
Show
Family Whi, The Vault, Family T'Kr and Depths Of Silence just have a fly around and they are easy to spot on the sector map.
Don't Worry, the beginning is the hardest part.

lt_wentoncha
x4

Re: Realy need some help. please dont just read and ignore.

Post by lt_wentoncha » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 01:32

The complete list of "free" ships is in the sticky. Just DL the .xls under "Ships".

Robbidoux
x3

Post by Robbidoux » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 01:34

I worked hard went down universe trader route You still need several million to equip properly,but it can be done.
I recomend split caimen from family nyj.
There are several good silicon roids in seizewell I am getting ready to set up an ecell complex.
I also have soja husk and teladianium factory in paranid prime they seem to do okay.
Ps train ST`s in empires edge.

TYBRO
x3

Post by TYBRO » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 01:40

Gau Ban wrote:yay a reply!!!
cheers any one else got any help?

btw where can i find a nice yield silicon roid in a good area for trade/safety
ore belt

two asteroid with 64 each
Playing X3...but not yet enjoyed as X2

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 01:41

Relax, a week is next-to-nothing in this game. You current state is normal; everyone was (or still is) there.

First check the sticky threads here. There is a lot of useful info to get started.

Also you should consider to start a sector trader. It's a substantial investment but it pays off once he has reached level 8 and you can start the univers trader.

Now concerning the 'free' ships:
Spoiler
Show

Menelaus' Frontier (43,-7,35)
Family Whi (0,0,40)
The Vault (-25,-10,-14)
Unknown Sector next to X534 (-20,3,2)
Family Tkr (-35,-7,-10)
Akeela's Beacon (30,-10,30)
Treasure Chest (0,50,0)
X101 (0,0,80)
LooManckStrat's Legacy (-17,0,0) CAREFUL !!!
Unknown Sector south of Unknown Sector next to Maelstrom (-12,1,-19)
Depths of Silence (1,-3,38 )
Unknown Sector next to Unholy Decent (-10,10,10)

Bear in mind that almost every 'free' ship cannot be bought or captured in the game. They are unique so think twice before selling them.

Stations come in sizes M (2x production), L (5x) and XL (10x). Any other station is S (1x production).

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers Euclid

MarkB
x3

Post by MarkB » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 01:43

If you look about the sectors you will find lots of places where there is a market for a product you could corner.

Boron Plankton farms eat up Delaxian wheat, and though I think you will only be able to sell for around 32-33 credits per unit, some Boron sectors have lots of stations requiring it.

In the same way Wheat farms gobble up Bogas, so if you can find a couple of sectors with several wheat farms they can make cash too.

It all really depends on how you enjoy playing the game. Are you interested in pure monetary returns for the smallest outlay, or are you more into building a diverse empire?

If it's the first then find a nice silicon asteroid and plonk a mine on it as you will generally be able to sell your product at top price if you scan the sectors, if the second find something that is in short supply in an area and get a factory of your own to fill it.

Whichever way you play the game is purely up to you, and any advice players give in this situation might not suit your playstyle.

The Galaxy is the shellfish of your choice.

Here's the ship locations, (I hope search returns soon).
Spoiler
Show
Toucan Hauler in sector Menelaus' Frontier (0, 3) at 43, -7, 35
Iguana Vanguard in sector Family Whi (0, 6) at 0, 0, 40
Harrier Sentinel in sector The Vault (0, 13) at -25, -10, -14
Falcon Sentinel in sector Unknown Sector (0, 16) at -20, 3, 2
Buzzard Hauler in sector Family Tkr (3, 14) at -35, -7, -10
Buster Sentinel in sector Akeela's Beacon (6, 8 ) at 30, -10, -30
Buster Sentinel in sector Treasure Chest (6, 14) at 0, 50, 0
Scorpion Raider in sector Xenon Sector 101 (7, 5) at 0, 0, 80
Mamba Raider in sector LooManckStrat's Legacy (10, 9) at -17, 0, 0
Nova in sector Unknown Sector (10, 18 ) at -12, 1, -19
Mako Raider in sector Depths Of Silence (13, 0) at 1, -3, 38
Pericles Vanguard in sector Unknown Sector (15, 7) at -10, 10, 10
--edit-- beaten by seconds
Cheers,

Mark

Gau Ban
x3

Post by Gau Ban » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 01:46

thanks for all the help guys. to be honest its not that i want to become rich in secconds i hear there are scripts to mess with all that i just want to get together enough cash to start a nice little trading operation and get enough to kit out a good ship to go capturing in. the discoverer has done me proud but it never gets anything other than busters to eject easily everything else plain refuses to.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 01:49

I'm about 2 weeks in, still only got a disco and a merc and about 80k in cash, both badly damaged. I've also died half a dozen times. It's not going quite to plan just at the moment :roll:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 01:53

moggy2 wrote: It's not going quite to plan just at the moment :roll:
That should be the quote on the wall at Egosoft at the moment :)

Back in my programming days, we had "Controlled ****-up in Progress" on the wall ! :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”