EGOSOFT and Deep Silver announce X Rebirth

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:16

No, they'll all be named arbitrary strings of letters and numbers with no decipherable significance whatsoever.

Although I am wondering what the ship count will be in the new game...
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:20

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh shiny!

I'm sort of wondering if my pre-order list at Game will ever get cleared at this rate... :D
[ external image ]

... old skool

Zanchito
x3

Post by Zanchito » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:26

Holy crap! !

Awesome news, please do check for bugs, poor QA has harmed the X name a LOT in the past. Also, improved controls for asset management, X is up there along Dwarf Fortress regarding obscure interfaces with vertical learning curves. :)

This, Skyrim and The Witcher 2,too a busy fall! !!

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:27

Well one thing is for sure - I know where my money is going to when Q4 is starting.

Oh - and those that say it is another X game. I think this is not really true in the sense it it building on the old story.

Sure - the universe is probably the same, but I also noticed the remark that everything has changed, something about a nova and a remark about "survivors". I can only speculate what has happened, but it is reasonable to speculate the "old" X-universe complete with inhabitants is destroyed. It is also reasonable to postulate the survivors have to build and repopulate a complete deserted universe. Maybe colonising is a new part of the game? Maybe battles have to be fought for the possession of sectors/planet systems? Same universe but with extensions (new and/or completely changed sectors) and a completely new story?

Or - my imagination is just running out of control here (most probable)...

Anyway - great screenshots/trailer. I cannot wait until more information comes available. I really feeling happy here... :)

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:27

No - wait - come to think of it: I do really want STATIONS to be named! Not "Military Outpost", or "Trade Station", but something with personality, like:
"The Void of Pleasure"
or
"Trade Hub Dark Frontier"
or
"Hyperactive Miner's" or "Brennan's Liquors"
or
"Moving Parts Enterprises"
No, seriously. That's called a more colored, more close to alive, Universe.
I believe.

cobra mk2
x4

Post by cobra mk2 » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:29

Wohhh!!!

I've only recently started playing X3TC again after a little break for a couple of months (I've actually forgotten most of the controls and practically all of my tactics and strategies) so i've timed my comeback quite nicely.

Anyway....

Boyoboy what a surprise, i visit the forums first instead of the egosoft homepage and when i read about this i thought it was a fan remake at first and even after watching the demo video i still didn't believe that this was TNBT and it has only sunk in after reading these eight pages of posts.

Egosoft had me totally expecting something quite removed from the current X universe and this is what i was hoping for but now that i have thought about it for 5 mins i'm starting to come round to this new way of things.

Even if TNBT had been something different i would still of played X3TC v3.1 for the rest of my days anyway.

I just really hope that egosoft really goes to town on the enemy A.I. and other stuff that still bugs us slightly from the other X games and also releases this game in a playable state 'cos Q4 2011 seems kinda sooner than i was expecting.

I don't think we should be too concerned about the 'dozens of hours of gameplay' that was mentioned in the video, i mean come on..... it's an X game for gods sake and anyway people will make mods for that kind of open-ended stuff as well.

I don't want it to be online but a local multiplayer would be nice but i do hope it has a DID mode from the beginning.

Oh and the other good thing for me is that i have an i7 with 6GB of RAM and a ati 5770 so i think i'll have no problems running it woohoo, but can egosoft release the recommended specs for the game as soon as possible 'cos i think a lot of people will be thinking about getting new peices of kit to play this game.

I actually upgraded my computer twice to run X3R and then X3TC .

EGOSOFT you are #1
"Out of the dirt, into the sky"

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:34

Yep, X-R will be the first thing that will convince be to upgrade in last 3-4 years.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:43

Damn :(

Really looks like this Christmas is going to be expensive :p

Surprised this hasn't been commented on yet:
X Rebirth web site wrote:Endless room for exploration
X Rebirth on facebook wrote:X Rebirth sends the player on a unique voyage through infinite space
Wonder if sectors are even going to feature at all?

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Iveco
x3tc

Post by Iveco » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:44

BTW: The soundtrack for the trailer has been created by our sound mastermind Alexei Zhakarov - who is really awesome! ;-) His Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/alexeizakharovfans

If enough people are interested I can supply a separate download link for the soundtrack in HQ (MP3 format).

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:44

an interesting and beautifull picture found on Deep Silver's site,as a background for X-Rebirth's page
[ external image ]

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:48

Iveco wrote:If enough people are interested I can supply a separate download link for the soundtrack in HQ (MP3 format).
KloHunt3r is interested.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

amtie
x3tc

Post by amtie » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:51

BeidAmmikon wrote:No - wait - come to think of it: I do really want STATIONS to be named! Not "Military Outpost", or "Trade Station", but something with personality, like:
"The Void of Pleasure"
or
"Trade Hub Dark Frontier"
or
"Hyperactive Miner's" or "Brennan's Liquors"
or
"Moving Parts Enterprises"
No, seriously. That's called a more colored, more close to alive, Universe.
I believe.
Freeport 7? :twisted:

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:51

Heck yeah, I'm interested.

And I need to find a job soon, because this thing's probably gonna need a double nVidia rig.
Last edited by StarSword on Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

gregs4163
x4

Post by gregs4163 » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:52

Me too, very interested on getting the soundtrack!

jordan kirwan
x3tc

Post by jordan kirwan » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:54

Iveco wrote:BTW: The soundtrack for the trailer has been created by our sound mastermind Alexei Zhakarov - who is really awesome! ;-) His Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/alexeizakharovfans

If enough people are interested I can supply a separate download link for the soundtrack in HQ (MP3 format).
So Alexei will be working on the soundtracks for X:rebirth? I think I will already like the soundtracks before I even hear them :lol:
Add me to the list of people interested in the mp3 :D
[Insert sig here]

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:54

Is it wrong if I have a hardon after watching the trailer?! :o

JImmyrosso
x3tc

Post by JImmyrosso » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:55

EGOSOFT - i salute you!

You are truly the master of the space sim gaming market - not one competitor can challenge your skills, experience and knowhow to create a sandbox master of cerebral challenging gaming - the last greats was of course Elite 2 and Freespace but not many programmers have tried to keep this genre going. You have and you never stop building on it, making it better and more addictive. People say you should have moved away from X universe but you have so many fans who believe in that history and i personally believe you made the right decision to stay with it.

We know the release of your X games are full of bugs and yes that frustrates the hell out of us all but hey you keep fixing it and you dont abandon your followers when you could just move onto your next project.

1) You get this alot for improvements but you know the AI is at level 1.0, its as thick as a plank of wood but we believe you can upgrade it

2) ive never been a defender of improved graphics + more ships.Ive always leaned towards better gameplay - intensive fighting, competitive trading, varied and deep missions and doing my best to outwit the hell out of the AI!

cant wait for end of 2011!
Last edited by JImmyrosso on Wed, 20. Apr 11, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:56

Oh :(

I was hoping it would be a completely new game but it just looks like another chapter of X so it will be mostly the same models and more frustratingly the same trading system..... dang :cry:
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 20:03

2) ive never been a defender of improved graphics + more ships.Ive always learnt towards better gameplay - intensive fighting, competitive trading, varied and deep missions and doing my best to outwit the hell out of the AI!
Yeah, I also dislike the X2->X3->TC way of more ships, more sectors, same mechanics. TC added some nice things, but after some time of playing you feel that overall scheme is the same since X2.

I hope that X-R will be completely diffrent.

Iveco
x3tc

Post by Iveco » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 20:07

X Rebirth Wallpaper: http://www.deepsilver.com/uploads/media ... llsize.jpg

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/XRebirth -> quickest way for getting new info

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”