EGOSOFT and Deep Silver announce X Rebirth

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 16:36

SeaBee-T wrote:
Iveco wrote:BTW: The soundtrack for the trailer has been created by our sound mastermind Alexei Zhakarov - who is really awesome! ;-) His Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/alexeizakharovfans

If enough people are interested I can supply a separate download link for the soundtrack in HQ (MP3 format).
Count me in as one of the interested parties.

Me too.

Apalapa

Post by Apalapa » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 17:32

@pjknibbs
Not true, i waited for years along with many other peeps for a game in the x series which always had cockpits .

X3 took how many years to develop ? A few months before release is a relatively short period to announce not including a feature which many players liked.

Whatever, here's hoping for cockpits.

Good luck with the new game.

festa_freak
x3tc

Post by festa_freak » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 17:39

I love you Egosoft!

And yea, chalk up another one for wanting that soundtrack. I have all of the X3 stuff on my ipod and listen to it when I'm in the 'space' mood.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 17:48

I don't uderstand people's coplains about cokpits. I'd prefer better gameplay than cokpits. X3R and TC don't have cokpits, but both have some number of cokpit mods so what's te big deal? You'll wait a few months and there will be cokpit mods in X-R.

[SOLAR]INFERNO
x4

Post by [SOLAR]INFERNO » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 18:02

TTD wrote:For those thinking of buying a new PC...
I would say wait until you know the optimum specs for the game and then buy or build a PC that at least comes close.

I say wait because today's hardware will be out of date by the time Rebirth is released.On the other hand you may get some deals by then on the now current standard,as they make room for the newer hardware for Xmas.
Good advice, you're probably right... Hopefully the Nvidia GTX 500 series will even be reduced enough for my low budget.

gregs4163
x4

Post by gregs4163 » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 18:03

I don't uderstand people's coplains about cokpits. I'd prefer better gameplay than cokpits. X3R and TC don't have cokpits, but both have some number of cokpit mods so what's te big deal? You'll wait a few months and there will be cokpit mods in X-R.
I agree, I prefer not having cockpits. They're nice to have, but the amount of work to make multiple cockpits for each ship is enormous, I would rather see those resources put to work in other areas. I used to play X3 reunion with cockpits but as of X3TC I play without them because I find they obscures my view.

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 18:05

dillpickle wrote:
...and his unlikely female ally travelling in an old, battered ship...
Fairly obvious that the female ally is Mahi Ma, the ship is Boron....

Battered Skate and Chips.....
:lol:
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 18:11

hmmm... how about Samantha carter, Jennifer Keller or Teyla Emmagan? :)
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

GuiltySource
x3ap

Post by GuiltySource » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 18:16

dillpickle wrote:
...and his unlikely female ally travelling in an old, battered ship...
Fairly obvious that the female ally is Mahi Ma, the ship is Boron....

Battered Skate and Chips.....
We must re-build and re-activate each gate one at a time. I will need these few resources...

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 18:28

Can't wait :) Hopefully it will have greater support for modding & scripting. More hours lost tweaking away!

LA

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 18:30

Logain Abler wrote:Can't wait :) Hopefully it will have greater support for modding & scripting. More hours lost tweaking away!

LA
One of the devs dropped hints in this thread that the improvements to the game engine are going to bring along new tools for modders. It sounds like a good direction as far as the third party is concerned. ;)
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 18:34

KloHunt3r wrote:
Logain Abler wrote:Can't wait :) Hopefully it will have greater support for modding & scripting. More hours lost tweaking away!

LA
One of the devs dropped hints in this thread that the improvements to the game engine are going to bring along new tools for modders. It sounds like a good direction as far as the third party is concerned. ;)
Cheers KloHunt3r :)

Got to love Egosoft!

EuRoKa
x4

Post by EuRoKa » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 18:59

For those who want to download the song I recommend this link where you can download it as mp3.
XR Station Match Finder 1.1 <-- check ideal station combinations (for best use of mass-traffic)/production/resources + ware finder.

Ozkar
x3tc

Post by Ozkar » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 19:18

That trailer made me start to drool, lol.

Good thing that there is a large break in school in the 4th Q, or I'd be sick alot :wink:

OT: Mahi Ma is a girl? ... um how do you tell with Boron?
Give me a mamba or give me death!

SeaBee-T
x3tc

Post by SeaBee-T » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 19:30

N.Y.X wrote:For those who want to download the song I recommend this link where you can download it as mp3.
I was hoping for a more "fleshed out" version of that trailer music though, but thanks for the link!

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 19:36

Since I couldn't find download for trailer, I created Windows Media Video format of trailer in case others want to download for examining frame-by-frame details. Presumably they will eventually provide official download file at some point.

desps 69
x3tc

Post by desps 69 » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 20:23

Can't wait. Want to play it now

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 20:26

About cockpits i dont think they are doing them as in the trailer/teaser they have briefly a tug or something that has that long ship view blocking alot of your view (more than cockpits imo).

Shame, ah well gluck with it egosoft but another x game i wont be getting due to no cockpits. Unless im corrected by a egosoft dev.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 20:48

Skeeter wrote:Unless im corrected by a egosoft dev.
You're not going to get us to divulge more than we already have because we're not allowed to. Rather than making assumptions based on a few seconds of video I suggest you wait and see. :)

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 20:48

Observe wrote:Since I couldn't find download for trailer, I created Windows Media Video format of trailer in case others want to download for examining frame-by-frame details. Presumably they will eventually provide official download file at some point.
very good idea, great work Observe!!!
The Indie Seeker - The Twitter Channel for your indiegames!

Ex Egosoft Translator/Currently writer for www.ilvideogioco.com

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?
Feel free to follow and contact us on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”