Albion Prelude; Going to buy the box or get it from Steam?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Box or Steam?

Im going to buy Albion Prelude when the box comes out.
21%
Im going to buy Albion Prelude on Steam.
61%
I have the X Superbox and Im going to buy the Albion Prelude box.
18%

Total votes: 71

Firewrath
x3tc

Albion Prelude; Going to buy the box or get it from Steam?

Post by Firewrath » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 09:35

Ok, first, in my defense, ive been gone for almost two weeks so i havnt seen anything against asking this. Im sorry if there is and i missed it, but im still not really 'back' yet. ^-^;

Second. I Do Not Care Why you like or dislike Steam.
I'm asking this out of pure statistical curiosity.
If you want to give your opinion on Steam, there are like three or four threads in the Rebirth forum for that.

Personally, I have various issues with Steam so I'll be buying the box whenever it comes out.

EDIT:
Ok, for some reason my fourth option isn't appearing on the poll even though I added it twice. (Once in edit)
(and yes I hit the 'Add Option' button. :P)

but it was:
'I have the X Superbox and Im going to get Albion Prelude on Steam. (For free or bought if allowed.)'

I have no clue why it didnt show, (maybe the text was too long? =/)
so just vote for the second option if thats the case, though I was hoping for something a bit more diverse obviously. -_-
Last edited by Firewrath on Fri, 16. Dec 11, 09:45, edited 2 times in total.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 09:41

i picked the third option
i've spent more time playing X games than any other(apart from elite)
and i like to have boxs with my games
so i got my free copy from steam then when it comes out on disk i give egosoft the money for the disk
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Killaalf
xr

Post by Killaalf » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 09:42

[x] I have the Superbox and therefore got AP free on Steam

Nowadays I try to buy digital whenever I can, my room is full of old boxes and I see no sense in adding more to them, what counts is the bits and bytes anyway.

garv222

Post by garv222 » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 09:46

I'll probably get the box, although price is a factor. IE: if box is twice the cost I'll give the steam version a second look. Currently, I've nothing against steam for most games, I just don't like having to run steam to run a single player game.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

kuplo
x3tc

Post by kuplo » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 09:50

i chose the steam option as we don't have any stores around locally that sell PC games really.

I mean we have a best buy and a gamestop or two, but their PC game selection has really gone downhill the last couple years. I think most of their shelves for PC are now filled with WOW and or other MMO's but really... little else.

garv222

Post by garv222 » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 09:58

kuplo wrote:i chose the steam option as we don't have any stores around locally that sell PC games really.

I mean we have a best buy and a gamestop or two, but their PC game selection has really gone downhill the last couple years. I think most of their shelves for PC are now filled with WOW and or other MMO's but really... little else.
Some gamestops don't put their PC games on the shelves, but keep them in the back. If you ask them, they might still be carry AP.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 10:11

I got the X superbox, will download the Prelude on steam, but will still get a boxed copy, if only to give thanks to Egosoft for all their work & dedication.

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 10:12

oh c'mon. I downloaded it from steam at 3am because my mail popped up at that time. Even though I'd like a 'pure' standalone version, steam got my vote because I needed AP right that second.

Maybe a 4th option would be more appropriate for you: "I'd like to buy the box, but I'm getting on steam as that's the only way to get it now now now".

Lord Kellmar
x3tc

Post by Lord Kellmar » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 10:12

I have the Superbox but I will buy the boxed version.
I don't like Steam and I want to upgrade my Spuerbox to contain all boxes :D
Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature
[ external image ]

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 18:08

I have the Superbox, (Along with the manual from my old X-BTF, X-2 and X3-Gold), I have downloaded the Steam version of AP but will be getting the DVD when it appears.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

deathshead420
x3tc

Post by deathshead420 » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 18:12

Not sure why one wouldn't buy from steam unless you have a bandwidth cap. I fought getting steam a couple of years ago and have had zero problems with it and in fact like it now.

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 18:19

I got it from steam. If I see a boxed version locally, I'll probably buy it.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 18:22

deathshead420 wrote:Not sure why one wouldn't buy from steam unless you have a bandwidth cap. I fought getting steam a couple of years ago and have had zero problems with it and in fact like it now.
Please DO NOT turn this thread into a Steam debate or it will get locked. There's already a thread for that in the Rebirth forum. We don't need another. Fair warning.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 18:30

cattafett wrote:i picked the third option
i've spent more time playing X games than any other(apart from elite)
and i like to have boxs with my games
so i got my free copy from steam then when it comes out on disk i give egosoft the money for the disk
Yep, this 4th option is obviously missing from the poll. I will also get myself a box, provided this box is steam-free.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 18:34

Box for me, though only if it is steam free.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 23:55

ditto, here's hoping

Choublanc
x3tc

Post by Choublanc » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 00:04

I didn't vote, because we don't know yet if the boxed version will be Steam free.

If yes, I'll buy the box. If not, no way.
Steam = Game over
NO PASARAN!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 00:15

All your options are: "I'm going to get/buy" :cry:

How about: "I'm playing X3TC now. I might think about AP when I have had enough of X3TC."
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 00:20

baring in mind that Rebirth is going to be Steam Activation Only with Boxed versions (im sure thats what i read) and you dont need it to play, id imagine thats what AP will be. but maybe im wrong. i suppose with TC not requiring Steam they might keep AP the same way

DrATty
x3tc

Post by DrATty » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 00:24

I'll probably buy the boxed version eventually. I want the SuperBox too though, and I'm still hoping to find the boxed copy of that. I've found a few of my old favourites recently so who knows? My views are known.

I'm reading the forum jealously. It looks as though EgoSoft have done themselves proud again. And to think that Albion is just around the corner. I don't think I'd be seen again if I bought the entire series in one go. I've been wondering how many games I could play at once. X-BTF on the old laptop, TC on the old desktop, Albion on the present project...
My Blog
My Forum

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”