Terran HQ in 2.5

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cadius
x3tc

Terran HQ in 2.5

Post by Cadius » Thu, 26. Jul 12, 14:06

Dear Egosoft, I'm thrilled that you guys decided to use my mod assets in your patch. But it would have been really nice if you guys at least told me about it first.

EDIT: Also, does this mean having more than one HQ no longer cause issues with the ship building function?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 26. Jul 12, 14:12

I will investigate this immediately, as I was under the impression that we'd obtained your permission. We'll do the rest of this by PM, if that's OK with you. :)

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Thu, 26. Jul 12, 14:14

well regardless, nice model mate!!

this is one of those situations where your modelling on THEIR game, therefore anything that is yours is theirs, they dont NEED to ask your permission, even though it would have been more polite.

question on the PHQ though, is there any docking/undocking issues? i never had a Terran start running so havnt had the chance to get to the plot yet let alone get the PHq to try it out.

ships im more concerned about is the Kyoto, Megalodon, Valhalla, SB, Hype... you know the usuals?
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 26. Jul 12, 14:18

ConCorDian wrote:this is one of those situations where your modelling on THEIR game, therefore anything that is yours is theirs, they dont NEED to ask your permission, even though it would have been more polite.
It is our policy to always obtain permission before using anyone's work, and I was under the impression that this had happened in this case. If it hasn't then there has been an error in procedure. However, this is a matter for us and Cadius to deal with, not something for public discussion, so let's move on please.

Litcube
xr

Re: Terran HQ in 2.5

Post by Litcube » Thu, 26. Jul 12, 15:25

Cadius wrote:Also, does this mean having more than one HQ no longer cause issues with the ship building function?
I would also like to know this.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Thu, 26. Jul 12, 17:38

they probably used it from another mod which already has permissions from cadius or something like this. or someone at egosoft just robbed your design, one of the two lol

takes the michael a bit though as the terran HQ will now become one of the most sort after assets any X player, vanilla or modded will want ;)
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Thu, 26. Jul 12, 17:47

Cadius is very easy to work with incorporating his work into other projects. Portions of the TRP uses his X-tra Station pack's MD framework. Considering how careful Egosoft was getting some of my material into the Superbox, I'm sure it was a simple miss-communication.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 26. Jul 12, 18:03

eldyranx3 wrote:I'm sure it was a simple miss-communication.
Correct, and the matter is already well on the way to being resolved.

Now, since people don't seem to have taken the hint, I will lock this thread. Cadius, or anyone else for that matter, is welcome to start a new thread about the ship-building function.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”