NEWS: Updated X3TC and X3AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 15. Dec 16, 16:31

X3TC/AP players may be interested in this Announcement today.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 05:04

Alan Phipps wrote:X3TC/AP players may be interested in this Announcement today.
Thank based egosoft finally officially fixed those generic mission performance degeneration. Now I can get back into my 5 days save and play AP until X4 comes out(inb4 another "is it released yet" thread) :lol: .

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 06:46

Could anyone please re-post (if this is not violating some forum rule) the proposed patch changes? I don't feel like making up a fictitious postal address for DevNet access (and I don't give out my real one to anyone unless absolutely necessary - I'm talking government-level or bank-level "necessary" :P )

(Incidentally, that mention of generic mission degradation being addressed is VERY good news - I think we can to some extent thank "glenmcd", if I'm recalling the name correctly, for laying quite a bit of the groundwork for that.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 07:07

I had no problem giving out my address, god knows it is on a few online retailers but after filling in devnet details I got no further.... Still have no idea what is intended for the future of X3.......

After all it is giving an extended commercial life to an ageing simulation not the bloody secret to life the universe and everything else....

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 08:54

birdtable wrote: but after filling in devnet details I got no further....
So, just as well I didn't :P Perhaps it's subject to an approval process, hence no immediate joy.

So, anyone up for sharing the X3 proposed patch notes? I'd very very much appreciate seeing what's in the works.

[Heavily edited to remove some knee-jerk crap I had posted before thinking :P ]
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 13:15

No it is not subject to further approval. You just apply for DevNet access and then click the relevant Public Beta forum link once you are a Level 3 user - which birdtable is. He might have to clear his browser cache to get rid of previous and now-obsolete cached forum links and pages though.

@ RAVEN.myst: No sorry, the Public Beta is for traceable users in case of issues and the beta patch notes evolve during testing anyway.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 15:29

Cheers Alan,,, finally accessed required info, no problem using Win 10 Edge but old laptop (Win 7 Opera) proved more unreliable gaining access.
@ RAVEN.myst ... hope you reconsider your " knee jerk crap" as I enjoy your wordy reflections of the X experience... :)

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 15:49

birdtable wrote:@ RAVEN.myst ... hope you reconsider your " knee jerk crap" as I enjoy your wordy reflections of the X experience... :)
Thanks for that. :) Well, in this case, the "crap" in question was off-topic, nothing at all to do with the "X-perience", but rather (slightly rabid, perhaps even "wild-eyed", heheh) commentary about information privacy, and why I am totally averse to giving out personal information unless absolutely unavoidable.

Well, I still hope that the patch-in-development's proposed changes (yes, they are themselves subject to change, I understand that - nevertheless) leak out via the grapevine in the near future, so I might have some idea of what to look forward to :D

Meanwhile, I'm off back to a rare treat: X3TC's Headquarters plot, which is so hard to reach (being on the far side of TC's notoriously long Hub plot) that I've only played it twice or thrice before (whereas just about everything else in TC, barring of course the last leg of the aforementioned Hub quest, I've done literally dozens of times before.)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 02:18

When it comes to still playing X3AP & TC I'm not interested in modding the game. I'm more interested in why do I keep getting offered ship blueprints that I already have. A Terran lasertower factory..? A blueprint for the Valhalla after keeping 100% of faction rank or able to purchase Orbital Patrol & Defence stations & Terran marines. Thanks to whatever was done I have not seen a Valhalla anywhere. Point to Point Jumping, you know things like that. Oh & purchasing jump beacons as opposed to drawing the ire of destroying a RRS sure would help. Oh & having the mission where you team up with Terran forces & head out to Xenon sectors & destroy ships. That's a lot of Terran forces holed up in the Sol System just flying around
[" thank you "]

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 03:03

phantomrock2 wrote:Oh & purchasing jump beacons as opposed to drawing the ire of destroying a RRS sure would help.
Purchasing jump beacons would be awesome I would be willing to pay a LOT for one (2b+). I would accept it as a plot reward as well as long as they are still obtainable afterward.
phantomrock2 wrote:That's a lot of Terran forces holed up in the Sol System just flying around
As a Terran citizen, I happen to like the high level of security afforded by the local military.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 03:55

phantomrock2 wrote:When it comes to still playing X3AP & TC I'm not interested in modding the game.
Ditto (I ONLY play vanilla.) Of course, there are MANY other player who DO play with the *** modified *** tag (they're quite possibly the majority, in fact.)
phantomrock2 wrote: purchase Orbital Patrol & Defence stations & Terran marines
This! It's something I've wished for for a long time (without it, those war messages calling for static defenses in [sectorname] don't make much sense - the only option is antimatter mines. And as for marines - well, the faction is incomplete without them. If playing a pure-Terran game, the player can't recruit or train marines without "outsourcing" to another race, which makes very little sense given how xenophobic the Terran faction supposedly is. (Also, there's a need for boarding pod support on Terran ship/s - the Skirnir is the only Terran M7M, and somehow doesn't seem like it would be a boarding ship, so either a new M7M is needed, or maybe give BP compatibility to Yokohamas, or something. Or, since Terran are supposed to be so tech-advanced, maybe give Terran TPs ability to execute transporter-based boarding.)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Akdor 1154
x3ap

Post by Akdor 1154 » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 01:16

Trying to get to the X3:TC beta forum but getting "forum does not exist".
I've registered for Devnet in my profile, cleared cache and cookies, and re-logged in.
What do?

Moved over from Rebirth News thread. - Sparky
Disregard this sentence.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 10:47

Please try it again now that some time has passed. Sometimes the forum needs a couple of minutes to recognise the changes made to a forum account.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

watchlive
xr

Post by watchlive » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 21:57

Will Egosoft create a new .exe no steam?

Thank you.
Motherboard : Asus sabertooth x79
4x4 gigas ddr3 G-Skill (16 gigas quad channel)
Processor : Intel I7 4930k 3,4 ghz (6 core)
Graphic card : Msi Nvidia Gtx 980TI
Monitor : Asus VG248QE (1080p)
Windows 10 pro X64

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 22:12

watchlive wrote:Will Egosoft create a new .exe no steam?

Thank you.
This is pure speculation on my part, as I have no inside knowledge or divine wisdom or such, but for the last few titles Egosoft have been consistently providing such .EXEs, so I am optimistic (I'm quite allergic to Thtoopid thtoopid Thteam which maketh me want to thcream - an unfortunate combination of Valve's arrogant coding "ethic" and my country's lousy Internet infrastructure+geographical distance from the world)
Last edited by RAVEN.myst on Mon, 19. Dec 16, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

watchlive
xr

Post by watchlive » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 22:15

Nice
Motherboard : Asus sabertooth x79
4x4 gigas ddr3 G-Skill (16 gigas quad channel)
Processor : Intel I7 4930k 3,4 ghz (6 core)
Graphic card : Msi Nvidia Gtx 980TI
Monitor : Asus VG248QE (1080p)
Windows 10 pro X64

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 01:01

watchlive wrote:Will Egosoft create a new .exe no steam?

Thank you.
If the patch is only aim to fix the troubled generic missions, then they can just make some changes to MD files that doesn't need a new exe.

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 01:24

When it comes to still playing X3AP & TC I'm not interested in modding the game. I'm more interested in why do I keep getting offered ship blueprints that I already have. A Terran lasertower factory..? A blueprint for the Valhalla after keeping 100% of faction rank or able to purchase Orbital Patrol & Defence stations & Terran marines. Thanks to whatever was done I have not seen a Valhalla anywhere. Point to Point Jumping, you know things like that. Oh & purchasing jump beacons as opposed to drawing the ire of destroying a RRS sure would help. Oh & having the mission where you team up with Terran forces & head out to Xenon sectors & destroy ships. That's a lot of Terran forces holed up in the Sol System just flying around
[" thank you "]

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 01:31

I'm using my phone to post this so if I have two of the same post then forgive me. However, with the 3.2 Beta installed I was in Bala Gi's Joy doing a protect station mission & two times while in the middle of combat I would get the mission complete message. & no payment
Had 6 Tyrs
One Woden
30 Fenrirs
UNMODDED
Never ever do I play modded out games.
[" thank you "]

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 04:54

By the way, because I don't want to sort through my heavily modded game to get a clean installation to try the beta, what time frame can we expect the patch to hit public release?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”