[MOD] X2: Firelance 4.0.4 [RELEASE] [16/June/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stealth
x2

Post by Stealth » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 13:53

Or using the docking computer. ;) Which, mind you, we almost decided to kick out of the mod for balance reasons (and the fact a lot of people are still begging for it to vanish), but once TelCat made it to the official list we were more or less forced to keep it.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 14:02

Viet0ne wrote:Im having a problem with my argon titan not being able to dock at any shipyards.

It said Dock Granted but then goes in circles near the shipyard like its going to dock but then just keeps going and tries again and again.
This is awefully quick to have a Titan. If you cheated, well, that's your business. But if this is an existing game, Firelance does require a restart, and strange things can happen if you use it on existing games started with "vanilla" X.

EDIT* I just tried the Titan and docking went smoothly. Look around to see what the Titan is trying to avoid. It's flying in circles because something is triggering it's collision detection. Also, if you are just trying to supply the ship, simply buy a Goner Ship from the Goner Museum in Cloudbase Southeast, and save yourself the hassle of docking. The Goner Ship has a cargo capacity of 730cu, so it is plenty capable of supplying it. As far as the Titan's turning rate, it is far superior to the original, so it's not a problem of lack of steering, but rather it's avoiding something.

Cisor
x4

Post by Cisor » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 15:01

Sorry to say, Steelrush, I'm also having the CTD problem when docking (I've never - in two years - had a CTD problem with X2. Also, just to eliminate possibilities - I'm a software engineer with 20+ years experience so I'm pretty sure my setup and install is correct, system is A-OK and machine hasn't blown someting). Version 1.02 is the first version I've tried.

What I did is this...

1) Fresh install of 1.2
2) Upgrade to 1.4
3) Installed nocd upgrade
4) Full install of bonus pack 1.04.01
5) Install of Firelance 1.02
6) Selected MOD and started new game on Xtreme

It worked fine for a while +- 10 dockings, and then I started getting the CTD whenr I was in the docking ship. NOT every time. No problems when I stay in space and get a ship to dock remotely.

Hope this helps and that you can get this sorted... You're MOD looks really good and will give X2 a few more months of gitgo for me.

Edited to fix "every time" assertion. I managed to dock in Disco a few times after teh crashes in the mercury.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 15:19

Check your PMs. Hopefully we can get in touch and track down the source of your problem.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 20:03

AAAAARRRRGGGG!!!!

New install of X2 and still CTD on the second docking run. This is starting to get very annoying.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 21:02

Graaf wrote:AAAAARRRRGGGG!!!!

New install of X2 and still CTD on the second docking run. This is starting to get very annoying.
Do you use an instant messenger? If so, PM me with the details and I'd like to chat about this and see about getting it resolved.

Cisor
x4

Post by Cisor » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 22:12

As I mentioned to SteelRush in a PM, I also get the odd station CTD problem but have managed a rather cumbersome workaround.

If I crash in a particular ship at a particular station, I reload, transport to another ship (between mercury and disco) and can then land at the station.

Also, for anyone who may find this more illuminating than I do, I had no sound problems at all in Firelance until I had the first CTD, but now I get only the first part of station and/or ship sound messages. Deselecting the mod and running normal X2, the sound is fine again. Harumph!!

Unsound Theory:

So if bog X2 sound is fine, and terradine sound is fine, and neither CTD, then maybe it's the version of the codec SteelRush is using which is incompatible to some systems/sound cards/sound card drivers?

Thoughts?

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 22:36

If anyone has the CTD issues on 1.02, please contact me via MSN messenger. My address is in my profile. I can't effectively troubleshoot via the forums.

Also look over this thread if vanilla X2 is crashing also:

http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... 61&start=0
Last edited by SteelRush on Tue, 6. Sep 05, 00:43, edited 2 times in total.

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 22:42

Burianek wrote:That's not a problem with the mod, that's a problem with your ship.
Try buying some rudder upgrades. Your ship can't make a tight enough turn to dock.
(or you can manually line it up on a straight in shot, and then use the dock command)
Cheers.

Edit: ahh, I see from reading the readme, that rudder optimizations were removed. That means that the Titan is not set up in the tships as having a sufficiently high turning radius to be able to dock. The devs are gonna have to make that sucker a bit more agile, or you're going to have to get used to manually lining up for docking. ;)
True rudder ops are removed, but the readme says the ships are already maximized. So would not the Titan have the maximium rudder ops?? :?

If not, then just alter the Tships file and add them back in?

Been awhile since I was here. I am going to do a fresh install and play this mod, sounds interesting. Glad to see ships ansd weapon rebalanced.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 23:18

Slocket wrote:
Burianek wrote:That's not a problem with the mod, that's a problem with your ship.
Try buying some rudder upgrades. Your ship can't make a tight enough turn to dock.
(or you can manually line it up on a straight in shot, and then use the dock command)
Cheers.

Edit: ahh, I see from reading the readme, that rudder optimizations were removed. That means that the Titan is not set up in the tships as having a sufficiently high turning radius to be able to dock. The devs are gonna have to make that sucker a bit more agile, or you're going to have to get used to manually lining up for docking. ;)
True rudder ops are removed, but the readme says the ships are already maximized. So would not the Titan have the maximium rudder ops?? :?

If not, then just alter the Tships file and add them back in?

Been awhile since I was here. I am going to do a fresh install and play this mod, sounds interesting. Glad to see ships ansd weapon rebalanced.
Each ship has been optimized so joystick play is possible and they stay true to their class. I haven't noticed any docking issues unless alot of ships are buzzing around. Then collision detection just goes nuts. The easy fix is to just buy a docking computer and be done with it. But you really won't have much need to dock in a M2 since you have the Goner ship to resupply you.

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Tue, 6. Sep 05, 02:11

Oh man, I got a fresh instal and such. I am also getting the dock crashing bug.

A new game, in my M5. I can dock at some stations OK, I can trade cells and sell them at the rimes factory in Argon prime. I can (surprise) buy Rimes ( a TR good) in my Disco?? Then sold them at the Trade station.

The crash I get is when I try to dock at the 5 MW Shield factory in Argon Prime. I am carrying cells. I tried no cells, I tried no autosave on dock, I manually dock all the way inside, I tried to start a new game, and head straight for it, and still crash on dock screen interface trying to load.CTD.

Maybe the goods size are causing problems? About 45 minutes into game.

I am going to try one more time on my other computer install, just a plain old start game and land at the 5 MW Shield Factory.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Tue, 6. Sep 05, 02:18

EDIT* Link removed to the beta 1.03. Official release will be later today.
Last edited by SteelRush on Tue, 6. Sep 05, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Tue, 6. Sep 05, 02:36

Another update. I could only dock at the 5 MW Shield factory only by starting a new game and then I could land there. I was using the whole Bonus Material update. Using the older Firelance 1.2.

So I will try out the new version 1.3 and not install the Gunery Crew (Aegis weapon in game) nor the Fusion Injector options from the bonus material and will report back.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Tue, 6. Sep 05, 03:12

I had someone else report 1.03 fixed their CTD, but I'd like another confirmation of that. So keep the reports coming.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Tue, 6. Sep 05, 07:23

Not with my game. It CTD on the 5 docking. I did uninstall the Gunnery Crews and the Fusion Injector.

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Tue, 6. Sep 05, 08:57

Got some more info. I did not see the Bonus Material unistall according to the official instructions, it still left the items for sale (Aegis system) in the game upon a restart; so to remove ALL offical scripts, I uninstalled and re-installed fresh the whole X2. Now no odd scripts running loose.

Uninstalled, then re-install X2.

I have US version 1.0 patch to 1.2, then 1.4.

I added the Bonus Material 1.04.01 without Gunnery crew or Fusion inject.

I used the noCD patch (thank God for small things).

I used Firelance version 1.3. Start new game.

I sent my Mercury to the SSP beta to wait there. I cruised my M5 to SPP Alpha in Argon Prime and docked. I filled my M5 up with cells. No problem. All contols and setting default for gameplay.

Now I fly over to the Mass Ammo Factory to sell my cells, and use 'U' to autodock, then hit ESC to skip the flying inside the station. Then CTD. :(

Tried to reload and try to dock again, manually, flying inside, etc. CTD every time.

Sorry, I do not know what is wrong. I can not get past even the second docking for my ship.

I am going to uninstall again to rid all scripts and play vanilla X2 to see if it is my computer or not. Reinstalling is painful. :shock:

Therm
x3tc

Post by Therm » Tue, 6. Sep 05, 11:16

Hmm weird it seemed to fix my problem. I'll launch the game and see what happens. I docked in and out of cattle ranch and cahoon bakery 5 or 6 times each in two different sectors. It used to crash about the 1 or 3 times during a dock into a station. I'll give it a go and see what I find

I just played it for about 2 hrs non stop and I didn't get any crashes I have no idea why you guys are crashing but I hope steel can help you out.

Regards,
Therm

quintis vindex

Post by quintis vindex » Tue, 6. Sep 05, 15:17

*longshot I know*

I don't suppose there is a way to use this Mod and also use ships from DeadlyDAs package?

:D

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Tue, 6. Sep 05, 16:06

quintis vindex wrote:*longshot I know*

I don't suppose there is a way to use this Mod and also use ships from DeadlyDAs package?

:D
Well, it's possible. Deadly's permission would have to be given. It seems that many people want more ships. So I might look into contacting some authors and getting some new ships adapted for Firelance, as long as they are balanced and fit in with the rest properly. But again, I stress "might".

My first priority though is trying to figure out why some people are getting CTDs. I have a few theories, but until I can talk to some people who are having them via IM, I can't really do much as I can't recreate them locally.
Last edited by SteelRush on Tue, 6. Sep 05, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

Stealth
x2

Post by Stealth » Tue, 6. Sep 05, 16:09

There is a way to do that, but considering there ships in DeadlyDA's mod are unconventional to say the least, there isn't much of a chance we'll attempt a crossbreed mod. Micromanaging and balancing the default X ships has been a p.i.t.a. by itself, and most of the ships in DA's mod act like the be-all-end-all - something we tried to avoid as we've noticed a lot of the ships just got thrown out the back window, the most notorious examples being the Hydra and Falcon.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”