Ghosted image when viewing goods/equipment.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Phil5000

Ghosted image when viewing goods/equipment.

Post by Phil5000 » Thu, 27. Jan 11, 20:59

Hi. I'm new to X2, and I've noticed one weird thing about the visuals that to be honest I'm not sure is a bug or what. If it's not a bug I was wondering if there was a mod to fix it. I'm talking about the transparent images of goods and items when viewing them at a station. Is there a mod that makes them solid?

Also, I was wondering if there is a common "must have" graphics mod that everyone uses to enhance the graphics but that won't slow the game down?

Many thanks.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 27. Jan 11, 21:09

Wow. I'm really straining to remember how wares looked in X2 but I know that all ware images I can remember were transparent. Those videos are part of a huge file so mods are unlikely.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

vulcanrvn

Post by vulcanrvn » Thu, 27. Jan 11, 21:19

Ive been going through this fourm for about 2 weeks now and dont think there is anything to fix those transparent wares and a great graphics mod that doesn't slow your machine down is http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... bb95b6a64b

I had to go in and change the asteroids because they were too dark for my liking but aside from that they kick ass and the guy pretty much redid every texture.

The best way to install is to just copy and paste into the game directory

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Fri, 28. Jan 11, 09:16

Phil5000 wrote:I'm talking about the transparent images of goods and items when viewing them at a station. Is there a mod that makes them solid?
That is not bug, all wares viewing into X2 has transparent, and there are impossible to fix it, because that was made into game engine.
Xenon_Slayer wrote:Wow. I'm really straining to remember how wares looked in X2 but I know that all ware images I can remember were transparent. Those videos are part of a huge file so mods are unlikely.
Into X2 all wares showing into the game, not from video file (there are not wares video file, only into X3 are it), but showing each ware 3D model part into the game.

Phil5000

Post by Phil5000 » Fri, 28. Jan 11, 20:36

Ah well, that's a shame. That really bugs me for some reason. The models would look cool if they weren't transparent like that.

Thanks again.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”